Saturday, December 3, 2011

Greetings For the Season and Best Wishes for the New Year! -Sketch Saturday Challenge #184! -Sponsored by Love to Stamp!!


I'm back again today, with yes another Christmas card!! I don't think I could ever get tired of making these...specially since I have family and friends in mind while making them!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

It's time for another great challenge this week at "Sketch Saturday"! This week it's our fellow teamy Karita's week to host and she has made us a very fun sketch to play with!


Here's the sketch:

And this week we are sponsored by "Love to Stamp"


Love to Stamp is home to the Little Darlings rubber stamp line. You can also find paper, tools, sentiment stamps and embellishments.

 Love to Stamp is offering one lucky winner a $15 merchandise gift voucher.


I finally got the chance to ink up my newest Christmas stamp from LOTV!! She is super cute and I had loads of fun coloring her...specially since I think I'm getting a little better using my new Copics! I've been practicing all week and watching tons of tutorials to get it right...cause I almost thought about giving up, selling my new markers and going back to my Prisma pencils...lol. Also, you will not believe this...I tried many different cardstocks over the week that I had on hand, because some were not allowing me to blend correctly and guess which one works the best for me?? My GP cardstock! It's the cheapest too! I started out with my cardstock from Papertrey Ink and it was just not allowing me to blend very well. The only thing I don't like about the GP is it's pretty thin compared to Papertrey Inks, but it does not tear or feather, so that's a good thing! I'm thinking the GP worked best for me, because it's super smooth!


The only real problem I have now, is staying in the lines...lol! I used some Glamour Dust glitter to sparkle her up and for the snow and snowballs too! I used my Liquid Applique pen to make the snowballs.

One thing I noticed about this image is her bottom left hand glove didn't have the stripes like the right hand does. Not sure if it was a mistake by the artist who drew her, or if it was meant to be that way? But either way, I used my black Prisma ink pen to draw in the stripes for her other glove. I found it works really good with the Copics too, doesn't bleed at all!

I tried to get some good close-ups of all the detail. I added white Crackle Paint from "Tim Holtz" around all the edges and the flowers as well as painted some "Tattered Angels" shimmer over the paint when it dried.


I made the stick pins with some Czech glass faceted beads and Bali style caps...aren't they gorgeous??! If you like my pins, I have some for sale in my Etsy shop HERE! The sentiment is from one of the new Christmas sets I made, which is available in the Prairie Fairy Designs shop HERE!

I love the lace on this card...I actually got it from one of my many trips to my local flea market! There was a large roll of it along with many other vintage style lace in a large bag...and it only cost me $2 bucks!! I was doing a little happy dance when I snagged it up...lol!

And of course the flowers are from "WOC" as well as the beautiful crystal stems! The swirls are from one of my old "Quickutz" dies and the snowflakes (which are kinda hidden...lol) are from my new "Martha Stewart" punch!

Kept the inside kinda simple, but used some more of that gorgeous mulberry paper from Prima...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 X 6
STAMPS: Lili of the Valley -"Twinkling Star" and Sentiment is from on of my new Christmas set HERE
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #184"
PAPERS: DCWV and Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flowers and crystal stems from "WOC", vintage crocheted lace and my own handmade pins can be found HERE
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Dies (rectangles and scalloped rectangles, circle and scalloped circles), "Martha Stewart" snowflake punch, "Quickutz" Antique Flourish die and Sewing machine
OTHER: Glamour Dust Glitter, "Tim Holtz" white crackle paint, "Tattered Angels" shimmer paint and 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

"Come join us every week for fun inspirational sketches and prizes to get those creative juices flowing!"
"Check out my new sentiments available at Prairie Fairy Designs!"


Sentiments By BrossArt Addiction

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Card Makin Mamas -"Sentiments"
Clearly Inspired -"Christmas"
Fairy Tale Challenge -"Christmas"
Fun With Shapes and More -"Cold as Ice"
Fussy and Fancy -"Photo Inspiration"
Mami Doodles -"Make it Shine (Glitter)"
Raise The Bar -"Christmas"
Simply Create Too -"Christmas"
Totally Papercrafts -"Let it Snow"
Christmas Cards All Year Round -"Anything Goes Christmas"
Creatalicious Challenges -"Christmas and make it Sparkle"
Emerald Faeries -"Non Traditional Christmas Colors"
Cooking it Up With Katie -"Anything Goes"

Thanks for looking!!
Happy Crafting!!

23 comments:

Rebekah said...

This is so beautiful Tracey so rich and full of depth what a stunning card hugs Rebekah xx

Jilli said...

The most stunning card Tracey, love that lace and what a bargain! Beautiful colour combo and fab colouring ... think you're brave to even attempt using Copics. As for those pins ... WOW! Hugs Jillix

NanaConnie said...

Another fantastic card, Tracy! Remember you can enter 3 times at Cooking It Up with Katie this challenge.
NanaConnie DT Chef

Karita said...

Oohhh WOW!! Your card is stunning Tracey! :)
Image is gorgeous and I love your DPs and flowers!! Lots of gorgeous details - yummy :)

WIshing you a wonderful Sunday :)
Hugs,
Karita

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Tracey: What a delightful card----love all the embellishments you did on it--especially the ecru lace!! Glad you could join us at Simply Create Too for our first challenge, "All About Christmas". Hope to see your creations in our upcoming challenges.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/
http://DianesChallengeCards.blogspot.com/

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Tracey, this is so adorable hun, I love the sweet image and your colouring is so amazing. Scrummy papers and details as always.

Donna x

AnItA mArIe said...

absolutely beautiful card,awesome colours too..
thanks for joining in on the emerald faeries challenge good luck Hugz Anita..XX

coops said...

so stunning tracey.the image is adorable and i love your fantastic colours and details :D

xx coops xx

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous creation although it does not meet the Winter Birthday Theme this week at the Winter Wonderland, if you would like to enter again
Hugs Kate xx

clare said...

stunning xmas card using a fab colour combo. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

Cassie said...

Such a cute little image and amazing design, Tracy! Thanks so much for playing along in CIC41 :D

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful card, love the blue and the brown together and the image is so cute
Lindsay xx

Bianca said...

Your card is so very wonderfull! I love the colours of your papers and the coloration! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Nela said...

Its so gorgeous, what a lovely
image coloured so beautifully!
Thanks for playing with us on the
Emerald Faerie Garden challenge and thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Nela xx

Faye said...

Oh Tracey, this is such a gorgeous card. I love the papers you've put together and the gorgeous colour combo. As ever, you've added so many lovely details, I keep wanting to look at it. xxx

frances joy said...

soo beautiful!!! all small details here are perfect!! i love your coloring...

Wanda Cullen said...

What a stunning creation!! Love those gorgeous pins and exquisite lace trim...so many wonderful details on this beauty! I'm so glad you played along with us at Raise the Bar!

Lisa aka Myran said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tracey!! Beautiful coloring and pretty embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles :)

Shannin said...

Your card is just darling. I think you did a wonderful take on the sketch. I love the colors you used. I hope you have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Shannin

flati said...

Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at fws&m
Hugs Sonja xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Really beautiful card. You definitely can't give up the Copics - your colouring is fab. Love how you made that glove stripey too!!
Thanks for joining our 'snow' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Sazzle said...

You've certainly gained inspiration from our photo to produce a fantastic card :-)

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for this fortnights challenge.

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

Wendy Colledge said...

Just LOVE it!!! Just gorgeous. Thank you for joining the Mami Doodles challenge.