Saturday, December 10, 2011

Have a COOL Holiday Season -w/FREEBIE Sentiment!! Sketch Saturday #185 -Sponsored by Simon Says Stamp!


Baby it's COLD outside!! It's been between the 20-30 degrees range here in Oregon for the last week now! I'm hoping it will start snowing with as cold it's been...I know I'm crazy...lol, but I love snow!! My son's 4th grade class had a Christmas play/concert last night at his school...seems like there was a lot of those going on yesterday after blog hopping this morning...lol! All the kids did a wonderful job! Such a cute show and fun time! Then afterwards I decided to freeze us even more with a little window shopping and treating everyone to eggnog shakes at McDonald's! You absolutely have to try them if you have not yet, so yummmmmayyy!!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, it's Saturday again and that means it's time for another challenge at "Sketch Saturday"!! Jo has made such a fun sketch for us to play with this week!! I had a blast and I know you will too! Be sure to check out the other Saturday Girls amazing work!!

Here's a little inspiration from me...


Here's the sketch:

This weeks challenge is sponsored by our friends at Simon Says Stamp!


"With over 100,000 items in stock, Simon is proud to offer the best selection of Rubber Stamps, Scrapbooking, Artist Trading Cards, Altered Art, and Paper Crafting Supplies in the world!"

A very generous $25 gift certificate will be awarded to our lucky challenge winner this week to spend on goodies in the SSS store!



I'm almost done with all my Christmas cards, but I was getting a little bored with the traditional stuff...so I decided to do a totally out of the norm Christmas card! It' turned out super cute I think!

I actually got this image last year I think? It was a freebie Dustin Pike was offering from "Doodle Dragon Studios" for his Christmas in July theme. I just love this image, super fun and super cute!! Rudolph is just kickin' back relaxing, sipping a Pina' Colada on the beach! Looks like he's spending Christmas in California...lol! 


 I've actually had this image colored in for awhile and just never got a chance to use it...the reason for the Prisma Pencils being used instead of my Copics! I used some Stickles in his Colada and Glossy Accents.

The reason for the red button is because I was trying to match it up with Rudolph's nose...the only red things on the card!


I made the sentiment to match the image and anyone is free to snag it up if they would like! Did the same thing with the Stickles and Glossy Accents over the word COOL...You can download the FREE sentiment HERE!


The inside...Found another red button, thought it looked cool...lol!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 X 6
STAMPS: Christmas in July -"Doodle Dragon Studios" and Sentiment is one of my digi sentiments
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor Pencils and OMS
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #185"
PAPERS: DCW
EMBELLISHMENTS: Hemp cord and buttons
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, QuicKutz Dots embossing folder, Spellbinders Dies (circles and scalloped circles) and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles, Glossy Accents and 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~
"Come join us every week for fun inspirational sketches and prizes to get those creative juices flowing!"
"Check out my new sentiments available at Prairie Fairy Designs!"

Sentiments By BrossArt Addiction

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Card Makin Mamas -"Christmas"
Crafty Catz -"Anything Goes"
Simply Create Too -"Embossing"
Crimbo Crackers -"Embossing"
Cute Card Thursday -"Anything Goes"
Meljens Designs -"Use Green"
Moving Along With The Times -"Last Minute Christmas"
Dustin Pike -"Non-Traditional Christmas"

Thanks for looking!!
Happy Crafting!!

23 comments:

Jilli said...

Tracey, I love your card. What a fab, fun image, coloured beautifully. The papers you've used are gorgeous too! Love it all! Hugs Jillix

lindyloo said...

hello Tracey
thank you for joining us at crafty catz this week withyer cool card lol
lindyloo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning and I love the unusual colour scheme you have used, Thanks for joining in on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Cazza said...

This is sooooo cool Tracey, such a fun card :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Boxofcolours said...

Now we know what Rudolph gets up to for the rest of the year!! Thanks for joining us at Pikes Playground.
Hugs
Jane

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fabulous, crafty weekend, Debxx

CraftyGirl said...

He looks very warm and toasty with that Pina Colada on the beach. Thanks for joining in all the fun at Pike's Playground this week. I hope you join us again.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

frances joy said...

gorgeous!!! happy colours and happy image... :)

coops said...

wow, fantastic card tracey.really love your bright colours and design and brilliant fun image :D

xx coops xx

Ciska said...

Oh,this is a fantastic Christmas card, I laughed out loud when I saw it! Great take on our challenge, thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas :)

Becky said...

Fab card, Great image and sentiment.
Becky x

Gramma said...

I wonder if that hammock is big enough for two? Great card Tracy. Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week. Congrats on you win last challenge!
Hugz,
Gramma

Shannin said...

Tracey I love this card. Makes me miss California a bit. The image is adorable and I love the papers you used. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and stay warm.

Hugs
Shannin

Rebekah said...

Wow Tracey I love this the colours are so warm and so much fun! Thanks for entering at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx PS I got my etsy order through thanks everything is so fabulous you talented lady! xxxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really fun card, love it
Lindsay xx

Lisa Jane said...

whata fab card - love the image and the zingy colours
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for Last Minute Christmas
Good luck
Lisa x

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is one very adorable creation I love the image and the design & layout and the colour theme its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Anything Goes Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Ginny said...

LOVE the colour combo you've used on this fab card. Thanks for joining us in the Playground :)

Faye said...

Oh I love twine. I love anything with twine on. And I love the bright colours on this fun card. I think I'd like to be that reindeer about five minutes after I quit denial. xxx

Cheryl said...

Such a fun and cool card! I love the papers and design.


Thank you for joining our “Use GREEN!”challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

~Cheryl~
** Check out my blog candy **

Mynnette said...

Oh my word, this is a hoot! LOVE the papers you used--and the coloring of the reindeer is super amazing! :) LOVE IT!

jackid said...

brilliant card thanks for joining us at PCJ
Jacki xx

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers