Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sweetest Wishes -Sketch Saturday Challenge #186!! Sponsored By Crafter's Companion!!


Finished sharing my last Christmas card yesterday for the year! I'm going to try starting my Christmas cards earlier next year...lol!

So for a bit of a change, I made a birthday card today!! Since it's Saturday, you can guess where I got the fabulous sketch!! That's right we're back again for another fun Sketch challenge at "Sketch Saturday"! And since Jo's giving us all a mini vacation next week...meaning there will be no sketch until the week after, this challenge will last for a whole 2 weeks! This will probably be my last card to share until the end of the month! Although hubbies birthday is on Dec. 20th...so I might be sneaking in a quick card before I take my little holiday vacation from blogging...lol!

Here's a little inspiration from me this week...be sure to check out all the other wonderful inspiration the talented team has come up with this week too!
Guess you can all tell that I've been in a purple mood lately...lol...and yes my favorite color is purple!!


Here's the sketch!


And this week
Our generous sponso is Crafter's Companion

Our lucky challenge winner will receive a £15 voucher to spend from their fab website! 


And the super fabulous image I've used this week is one of my new "Some Odd Girl" stamps I finally had the chance to ink up! She is called: 'Holiday Gwen' and can be found HERE! She comes with matching sentiments too!

I cut her out and layered her against the sparkly paper background that I embossed with my stripes folder!


Did the same thing with the sentiment too! And this my first time using Baker's Twine that I got with my "Pumpkin Spice" gift voucher I won awhile back!! "Pumpkin Spice" sells an assortment pack of colors which was perfect for me and for anyone who wants to try it out!


Kept the inside simple using more that graph looking paper for the writing spot with the paper edges border!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 X 6
STAMPS: Some Odd Girl -"Hollyday Gwen"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #186"
PAPERS: DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Turquoise Baker's Twine, pink satin ribbon, Button Bonanza buttons and pink faux rhinestones
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug stripes embossing folder, Spellbinders Dies (circles and big scalloped circles), paper edge EKSuccess border punch and Sewing machine
OTHER: 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~
"Come join us every week for fun inspirational sketches and prizes to get those creative juices flowing!"
~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

 Glitter Geeks -"Anything Goes"
Pixie Dust Studio -"Stitching"
Card Crafter's Circle -"Celebrations"
Frosted Designs -"Ribbon"
Just Tracy's Crafts -"Celebrations"
Really Reasonable Ribbon -"Anything Goes w/Ribbon"
Little Miss Muffet -"Buttons and Ribbons"
Southern Girls Challenge -"Let's Celebrate"
The Paper Shelter -"It's a Celebration"
 
Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy crafting and hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!

35 comments:

Susie Little said...

Gorgeous, you are totally rocking it with those Copic's! xx

Jessica said...

WOW, that is a fabulous card. I was in a trance staring at all the fun crafty goodness it has to offer. The stitching and sparkles and lovely use of that fabby twine. Happy Holidays to you, too!!!
:O)
Jessica

Shannin said...

Tracey I love it! What an adorable card. Your image is just darling and I love the sketch you used and all the gorgeous papers. So bright and cheerful. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Shannin

Paulagriff said...

Fantastic!!! Inside looks as gorgeous as outside, it all looks so fabulous and with wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really cute card, love the papers and the buttons look fab
Lindsay xx

Céline said...

so fab card, love the bright colors and your coloring is amazing!
thanks for playing with us at little miss muffet this week
hugs
céline guest Dt member

Anne-Marie said...

I know what you mean about starting Christmas cards earlier....ha! Your card is so pretty, and I really like your layout. You made a lovely job of decorating the inside, too....thank you for joining in the fun at Card Crafter's Circle!

Pauline said...

An adorable creation - I love the colours... it's like looking in a candy bowl! Thank you for sharing with us in our first challenge at CARD CRAFTER'S CIRCLE!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

grandmabonnie said...

Tracey, This is a super awesome card..i would so want this card myself! Thanks for playing at Card Crafter's Circle..Hope to see you again next week!

Mynnette said...

This is absolutely adorable--LOVE the colors you've chosen and the use of the twine to accent your pretty pink bow--beautiful! :)

Jennifer said...

I just love your colours and papers! So bright and cheerful. Great button accents! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card, love it! Thanks for playing along at Just Tracys. Jill

coops said...

wow. fantastic card tracey.really love your stunning colours and design and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

s4rah said...

This is gorgeous, so many lovely little details. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, love the colours and the way she pops out of the card! Great attention to detail and beautiful colouring. Hugs Jillix

Only By His Grace said...

Super job on this card Tracy. Love the layout and the colors are great.
Hugs maz

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, perfect for the challenge theme thanks for joining us at Southern Girls cheers sue n x

Sammi said...

This is so gorgeous!! LOVE it.. beautiful papers and colours.. I love purple too.. also my favourite colour! And I LOVE that image!
Thanks for playing along at Pixie Dust Studio for our stitching challenge!
Sammi
xx

Michelle said...

Your card is gorgeous and your image is done beautifully.... you should have no problem entering that into the challenge....very cute. How does their twine stack up to The Twinery's Twine? Just curious.

Michelle

mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
http://peanutbutterandjellydesigsn.blogspot.com

INKpressive said...

Hi! This card is really a cutie. I like the fun vibe and the coloring on the stamp is amazing.
Merry Christmas!

venus
http://rightbrainglitters.blogspot.com/

Joni Parker said...

Wowzer!! The details on this are amazing!! I keep scrolling up to look at it again!! Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is so fun and I love how you incorporated the baker's twine and button onto the cute pink bow! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Frosted Designs!! :)

Deb said...

this is so pretty Tracey, love it!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Have a fabulous, festive day, Debxx

riliska said...

She is so pretty! Love the image! The details are very beautiful too!

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

beautiful, cheeerful detailed card! I love all the layers and pink satin ribbon is one of my faves! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

Rebekah said...

Aww Tracey I just love this! the colours the image everything its so lovely hugs Rebekah xx

gina g said...

Wow what a beautiful card this is i love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. luv gina xx

Debs said...

Great card Tracey,looks amazing, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Hop.
Hugs Debs

Steph L said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it loads. I love the colours, the buttons, the stitching. Amazing.
Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and Good luck! xx

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! I love your stitching. And coloring are amazing!
Hugs Nataliya

Faye said...

I am sooooo going to start my Christmas cards earlier next year! I have to say, I totally LOVE this card. Fab, fab, fab. Have a wonderful Christmas. xxx

catherine said...

Love your cards and the colours in this one are great. i have become your newest follower. Merry christmas x catherine

Judy Rozema said...

Super cute! I love all the layers and the buttons~! Thank you for playing at Really Reasonable Ribbon in our Anything Goes Challenge!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Bettina L. said...

Wow just gotta tell you that this is such a supercute card and I love the colour combo and the sketch too. Those pink, purple and greens gives an amazing effect and of course I love that odd girl too. Thanks for playing at Southern Girls and good luck. Hope to see you back next month for a new challenge. Happy new year;) Bettina L xx