Monday, January 23, 2012

Another Custom Baby Card for the Granparents...This One For A Girl!!



So I meant to share this card yesterday, but I just got super busy! We celebrated 2 birthdays yesterday. My little one turned 4 and my oldest will be 10 on the 26th...but we usually celebrate their birthdays together. They wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese again this year. I was hoping they would be all Chuck E Cheesed out...but guess not, lol! I ate way too much pizza, ice cream and cake and went into a mini coma as soon as we got home, lol!

Anyways...last week I shared with you a custom baby card I made for a customer of mine that wanted one done for special grandparents for a baby boy. Well she like it so much, that she wanted me to make her a duplicate and one for a girl as well!

Here is the one for a girl...


The pink turned out a little darker than I would have liked, but it's still cute!


Here they are side by side for both a boy and a girl...


The image I used for my card is a super cute stuffed baby donkey from "Meljen's Designs"! And for those of you who wondered how I did the donkey? It is not paper pieced as lots of you mentioned. But I used my white opaque pen to make the dos after I colored it with my Copics! Very cute effect!


And the inside...


I decided I'm going to go back to the old way of listing my ingredients! I like this way much better evn though it takes me longer. But it also gives me a better reference point when I need or want to duplicate a card.

CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Meljen's Designs-"Baby Donkey" and the sentiments are my own (can soon be found HERE)
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #190"
PAPERS: DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: White buttons from "Button Bonanza", pink colored glass dew drops and hemp twine
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders circles and scalloped circles dies, Cuttlebug dots embossing folder, Eksuccess diamond scallop border punch and Sewing machine
OTHER: 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Make It Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Stamp and Create -"Anything Goes"
Pan Pastel UK -"Use Two Of Something"
2 Sisters -"Embossing"
Crafty Calender -"New news"
Totally Gorjuss -"Welcome"
Charisma Cardz -"Clean And Simple"

Thanks so much for stopping by!

24 comments:

Dawn said...

Both have turned out awesome Tracey. Meljen's designs are sooo cute

Margaret said...

This is just stunning Tracey.
Hugs
Margaret M

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Tracey !

What an adorable and fabulous card !
Magnificent papers. Sensible choice of colours. Delicat and well-kept work. The inside is also wonderful as the outside. Continue like that, I liiiikkkkkkkkeeeeeee !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine

P.S. : I added to you in my favorites because I like very much your style, I am going to try to follow you regularly

coops said...

gorgeous cards tracey.the image is so sweet and i love your fabulous colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Crafty_Fairie said...

Adorable design and I really like the colour.Thanks for joining in at PanPastel UK this week.

Kerry DT Leader
http://craftyfairie.blogspot.com/

Hanneke said...

I love this card you posted on MIM! Love the lay-out and your coloring, That image is so cute. Those buttons are cute! Hugs, Hanneke

Steph said...

Wow, Tracey! I saw you on Make it Monday and just had to pop over and say your cards are fabulous!! I love your colouring and the colours you use. I've become a follower!! x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow what a super duper card ... love the papers and love your design ... well done happy crafting and love sandy xx

Eileen said...

Fabulous card ... I just adore the little Donkey, super colouring.Thanks for joining us at the PanPastel UK Challenge this week xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, I love the polka dot paper and the way it is used for a background and on the cute donkey. Thanks for sharing this with us at the PanPastel UK challenge this week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Country Lady Designs said...

Hello
Those are so Adorable. Love the colors and design. You did a great job. TFS!

lindyloo said...

Gorgeous card love the colour combo thank you for joining us at panpastel uk
linda x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour palette and that image is supercute. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK and good luck
Claire xx

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

Tracey, one of my design team gals linked me to your post so I could see your card! I LOVE how you colored my little Donkey. You did it so perfectly, it's just LOVELY!! You are so incredibly talented. :-)

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so adorable Tracey, the image is just so cute and the papers are gorgeous, I love the big buttons too. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous cards, they look terrific! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Rebekah said...

Gosh Tracey this is adorable fab work! Hugs Rebekah xx

febe said...

You have an adorable set of cards. Cute image and lively papers.

trilastin sr price

Chris said...

Hi Tracey, this card is super duper gorgeous. Being a grandmother who is expecting a second grandbaby soon I am quite taken with this. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is simply stunning, hugs pops x

Jani said...

Wow wow wow!
What else can I say?
Jani x

Paul said...

WOW WOW WOW - the colours are so vibrant. Love it. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

Beverley said...

Gorgeous cards, they're so cute. I love how you've coloured the donkey. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month.
Bev x

Olga Wright said...

very adorable card, i reallly like it. especially the polka dots and the color selection which is pink and brown. love it. keep posting please..
web design ventura