Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Birthday - Let's Have Fun! Sketch Saturday Challenge #192 -Sponsored By The Craft Barn!


Are you all ready for another super fun challenge at "Sketch Saturday"?!! I had loads of fun with Jo's sketch this week and I know you will too!

We just celebrated 2 of my boy's birthdays...my oldest turned 10! I feel so old...lol! I made this card for him...


Here is the fantastic sketch!


And this week we are being sponsored by our friends at "The Craft Barn"!


One lucky winner will receive a generous prize from The Craft Barn!
(Details to follow)


I decided to do a traditional fold this time around since I have the hemp cord wrapped around the other side. And I have to admit I was a little intimidated by the sketch this week as I don't have any triangular dies! I couldn't believe it...I will definitely have to get me some...lol! I had to make my own triangle template which worked out really nicely...except when it came to framing in layers. I eventually got it all worked out though and love the way it turned out!


Isn't he just precious?!! I'm so proud with my coloring on this one as I've been practicing more and more with my Copics and stepping out of my comfort zone! I purchased this image sometime last year from Mo at "Mo's Digital Pencil" and just now got around to using him. I do that all the time...I go around buying lots of digis that are just too cute to pass up and then realize, when will I ever find the time to use all of them??...lol! I just love Mo's digis! They're always filled with so much adorable detail and print out really nicely! This one is called "James at The Carnival" and can be found in Mo's shop HERE!


The ticket sentiments are my own and can be found in my digi sentiment shop HERE!

The inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #192"
IMAGE: Mo's Digital Pencil -"James At The Carnival" and ticket sentiments can be found in my digi sentiment shop HERE
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers (B93, B95, B97, E000, E00, E11, E31, E35, E50, E53, E55, R20, R22, R24, R27, N0, N2, Y15, Y17, YG41, YG45 and YG67)
PAPERS: Cardstock from DCWV and DP from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Blue button from "Button Bonanza",Jet black acrylic pebbles and hemp twine from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, "Whimsy Stamps" ticket die and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D squares
 
 And here's my 10 year old...very happy with his card! :)~


~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Mo's Digital Pencil -"All My Favorite Things"
Phindy's Place -"Birthday Card For A Child"
Pixie Dust Studio -"Let's Go To The Zoo"
Digi Stamps 4 Joy -"One For The Boys"
Simon Says Stamp -"Anything Goes"
Crazy 4 Challenges -"Layer It On"
Alphabet Challenge -"Z for Zoo Animals"
Mami Doodles -"For A Loved One"

Thanks so much for stopping by!

22 comments:

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo what a super card ... just right for a little boy ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Deb said...

What a super fun creation, such bright colors and awesome layout--Love your darling little model at as well
Have a great weekend
Deb
xxx

Rosietoes said...

Sensational card. I adore your use of bright, strong colours and the sketch is fab. Must give it a go!

Edna x

TannyP said...

I can see why he'd be happy with his card - it's GORGEOUS! Lovely stitching and perfect coloring....amazing work of art! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Stripes Challenge =)

Elaine L. said...

Absolutely wonderful card! You've colored the image beautifully, and those papers are eye-catching! So glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Tracey,

Fabulous card ! Sensible choice of lively colours. It's very joyful ! Beautiful papers. The inside is also magnificent as the outside. Wonderful work ! Continue like that ! I liiikkkeee !!!! bravo !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Jack said...

Stunning card, and what a fab image. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

Cazro said...

A truly fabulous card. I adore the image, the colours and papers are such a wonderful blend. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge for Zoo animals.

coops said...

fabulous card tracey.i love your bright colours and the fun image is fab :D
great pic of your son tracey.

xx coops xx

Jilli said...

I love the bright coloured papers you've used on your card, perfect for the fun image. Its absolutely stunning and looks as though it was a great hit with your son ... fab pic! Hugs Jillix

happyglitzygirl said...

Fantastic card, wonderful details, I see those embroidery stitches, just gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is FABULOUS ... and what a cutie-patootie your son is!!
Your work ALWAYS inspires me! So much detail and always so creative! WELL DONE!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘STRIPES’ challenge and please come back again soon!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Clare said...

Hi Tracey, I have just found your blog and just want to say how amazing your work is. You are incredibly talented. I am now following your blog so that I can come back to see more of your wonderful work. Hugs Clare xxx

Kathy said...

So cute. Love the image, your coloring and the fun boyish papers. Great ticket sentiments, too. Fun way to finish the inside as well. Thanks for playing along with us at Phindy's Place this week.

Iulia said...

Hi Tracey! Happy birthday to your "big" boy:) The card you made for him is just perfect; colorful, cheerful with one sweet and funny Mo image! Love this!
Glad you could play along at Mo's this week! Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Iulia

Ellis said...

Happy birthday to him, you made him a fabulous card! =)
Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4joy!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, soooooo cute and beautifully coloured, & the stitching looks fab :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Faye said...

Hiya Tracey. I hope your son had a wonderful birthday and that he loves this card as much as I do. Perfect boys card and I'm loving the bright colours too. xx

Eva Marie said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at DVC
xx

Dorcas said...

What a gorgeous card, Tracy!! I'm so glad you could join us at Mo's this week!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card Thank you for joining us at Digistamps 4 Joy this fortnight
Love Jan
xx

Starla B. said...

How adorable! No wonder he loved it. =D Absolutely fabulous inside and out. Love the stitching!

Thanks for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!!

xx Star