Monday, January 30, 2012

Love is in the Air! Saturated Canary Love!


Oh Monday, Monday...wish it were Friday...lol! 
Actually my week is starting off great. I got my taxes all done...I do them myself, so I usually procrastinate a long time. But this year, I got them done right away! I gave myself a huge pat on the back for it too...now we just can't wait for our refund to get here!! I started this morning off with lots of energy and full of motivation which I hope will continue through the week! 

Oh and I'm so happy we finally found out where our nasty house slugs have been coming from...lol!! I'm not sure if I had ever mentioned it on here before, but we've had a bit of a slug problem. It's not too nice to wake up in the middle of the night, stroll into your kitchen only to step right on one of the nasty, slimy buggers! yuck! We searched forever for cracks or holes somewhere to find where they were coming from and could never find anything. Well, I finally got hubs to fix our dryer hose because it has been spitting out lint and dust bunnies all over the place. He pulled the dryer away and found slug tracks everywhere!! Up and down the walls, behind the dryer and even slime on the end of the hose... so gross!! They were coming from under the house through our hose that was cracked! So you can say we fixed that problem with a new hose and some good ol' Duck Tape...lol! It will feel so nice to be able to walk around into my kitchen and hallway at night now and not fear slipping in slime!!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways...I have an absolute gorg card to show you today! I can say, I'm very proud of this one! A few days ago Krista from "Saturated Canary" was giving away a beautiful digi with her newsletter and I just couldn't wait to play with this beauty, color her in and slap her on a card!
 

And now that I have found Krista's adorable digis and got a chance to play with one, I'm definitely going to be hooked! Don't tell the hubs...but I was a little bad and just had to get my hands on some more of her fabulous images!! So you will be seeing more cards from me with these beauties for sure!


You can find Krista's free digi called "Canary Love" along with her fabulous newsletter over at her blog HERE! For my coloring, I was inspired by "Coops" gorgeous coloring work! I told her I was going to try this technique with the outer dots someday and I was finally brave enough to do it! Although her coloring is much more better than mine...lol. Be sure to check out her amazing blog! :)


I added some pearls to the flowers...not so sure I like the way they turned out? And I really need to lay off the Stickles...I know I always say that! Old habits die hard...lol!


Used the same layout on the inside...but no embellishments this time. Thought the front had enough. My pics were just not wanting to turn out on the last 2 photos.


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: Sketch N Stash -"Sketch #62"
IMAGE: Saturated Canary -"Canary Love" and sentiment is from "Kraftin Kimmie Stamps" was stamped and heat embossed
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers (C1, C4, C5, E000, E00, E11, E50, E53, E55, R20, R22, R24, N0, N2, YG41 and YG45)
PAPERS: Cardstock from DCWV and DP from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: All flowers and pearl sprays are from "WOC", Glittery green heart and vintage crocheted lace are from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders (Circles and Scalloped Circles) dies, Eksuccess butterfly punch, Eksuccess border punch and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D square dimensionals and Stickles glitter

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sketch N Stash -"Challenge #80 (Free Choice Sketch) Used Sketch #62"
Bunny Zoe's Crafts -"Photo Inspiration"
Saturated Canary Challenge -"Dies and/or Punches"
Digi Makeover Challenges -"Be My Valentine"
Kaboodle Doodles -"It's All About The Girls"
Make It Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Pollycraft -"Favorite Things"
Crazy Challenge -"Flowers"
Corrosive Challenges -"I {heart} You"

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Happy Crafting!

31 comments:

NancyD said...

Really cute image and great coloring. Love all your layers and flowers. Saw it on MIM. NancyD

Chrissy said...

Tracey, this is just stunning...your colouring and colour choices are amazing.A gorgeous card...[and I snagged the freebie too..lol..dont tell]

Thanks for sharing at Make it Monday,...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jan said...

Love this I'm so pleased I saw it on MIm xx Jan

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is Fabulous loving your colours here, hugs Pops x

SoniaW said...

OMG, this card is so good!! I too recently discovered saturated canary images... i wont tell your hubby if you dont tell mine! cause i had to buy a couple too!!! They are so lovely to colour. I had printed the freebie image and was really pleased with the results and was looking forward to placing her on a card. Now i have seen your colouring and cafrd i am not quite so proud of my meagre offering of a card. Yoiu put so much work into one card its amazing! I am still yet to summon the effort to get my sewing machine out but looking art your card i am tempted!!
Fab card - Huge well done (for the card and getting rid of your slugs!! Ewwww!)

Sonia x

Kerttu said...

Amazing! Beautiful colouring and the details? wow

hugs
KErttu

Hanneke said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the image and your coloring and all the flowers are great. Hugs, Hanneke

Rebekah said...

This is so stunning Tracey when I saw this on FB I was like WOW! The colours are so fab and it's all so pretty a very me type of card! Yuk to your slugs too glad you got to the source I think I would have gone crazy! Hugs rebekah xx

sarah-Jane said...

WOW! Simply stunning.
Sarah-Jane xx

Anne Temple said...

Wow, lots of amazing details. Love the bits of glitter you added to her outfit. Glad you joined us for the Valentine's challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

Loopylou. said...

Tracey, my goodness, my jaw just dropped when I opened this post! omg your card is just so delicious and totally awesome! I adore it.
thankyou for sharing it with us over on the sc challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Michelle VP said...

Fabulous coloring and love all the sparkle! Thanks for joining the Digi Makeover Valentine Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

Mel said...

Beautiful card, love your details. So beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at House of Gilli challenges.

Rene said...

This is AMAZING! Absolutely stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, fantastic...I need a thesaurus!!! Just WOW!!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win second prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

~@ngie~ said...

your card is awesome... I love that digi image... I WANT IT!!! lolol... your colouring technique is fabulous too... am so envious :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sktetch N Stash... Good Luck :)

Hugz Angie xXx

Pam said...

Lovely Card Tracey, Saturated Canary are one of my favourites at the moment, I only found her a couple of weeks ago but have already bought have the images!

Thanks for entering your beautiful creation in the Crazy Challenge this week. Hugs Pam x

coops said...

wow this is so fantastic tracey.really love the gorgeous image and your pretty details and colouring are beautiful.fabulous dotty shading too :D

xx coops xx

Crafteezee said...

Tracey this is absolutely stunning, love everything about this card, my sort of style and embellishments. Oh so much eye candy, a real delight.
Hugs Tracy x

Joey said...

Icky Icky Icky oh I am so glad you managed to sort the problem, that would be an absolute nightmare to have them around, its bad enough with them coming out in the summer at ours outside, your a saint to have dealt with it :)

Your card is absolutely AMAZING!!! I love every little detail and your colouring stunning, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Pretty and stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ All Things Girly Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Chrissie said...

This is just beautiful Tracey!
An adorable image, fabulous papers and colour palette and your colouring skills are superb.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
lol Chrissie xx

Regina said...

I looooooooove this!!! It´s gorgeous and your coloring is amazing!!!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Tracey

Wow and double wow what a gorgeous card - if I could just slap an image on a card and it turn out like this I would be a very happy bunny! Seriously the work you've put into this is clear to be seen and its fab!

Glad you've sorted out your slug problem!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

lalkygirl said...

wow wow wow stunning card tracey both inside and out,love that swet digi and you have coloured her perfectly
saw your project on MIM and had to pop by
tracey x

Cazza said...

WOW Tracey, this is absolutely beautiful and totally, totally STUNNING!
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Bettina L. said...

I absolutely love this one. Fab work and loving the details of glitter, flowers, pearls and layering with lace and the fab colouring too. Saw it on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. Glad I did. TFS. Bettina xx

cardmaking bird said...

Wow!! Such a beautiful card, Tracey - the layout and your colouring and all the embellies are just perfect and I love the glittery touches!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Crazy Challenge. Hugs, Marie x
P.S. Loved the slug story, made me LOL! x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun...!

thanks for joining us at SnS....and good luck...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Cheryl said...

Congratulations for being in the top 3 at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Thanks for playing along with us.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Tracey,
Huge WOW! Love your image & the colouring is awesome! So much wonderful embellishment & the sparkle looks perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Crafteezee said...

Hi Tracey, I've already visited as a follower and now I'm back with my BunnyZoe DT head on. Still gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. I also have Candy on my blog if you want to hop over HERE.

Hugs Tracy x