Friday, January 27, 2012

Oh Baby! Card For A New Momma!



Oh baby it's Friday...lol! 
It's been a super long week for me with 2 birthdays to celebrate, cards to create for them and custom orders to fill for my Etsy shop! I'm ready to relax with the hubs this weekend because he's got both days off, yay! And if the weather stays happy...meaning the sun has been out, the boys may be able to finally play outside! Ahhh...looking forward to some piece and quiet...lol!

Before I get to my card, I wanted to give you all a heads up that I will be having some blog candy in the next few days!! I noticed I finally reached over 550 followers and I appreciate each and every one of you!! I never thought in this world I would reach that mark...so to me that is worth celebrating...lol! So be sure to keep an out...maybe this weekend! :D

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

I have a super adorable card to share with you all today! I was asked to create a congrats card for a new mommy in neutral colors, since the sex of the baby is not known yet. 


I wanted to keep my card kinda simple and easy, so for my layout I used the perfect sketch from "My Time Made Easy"! And I used the color combo from the inspiration photo at "Colour Create".


Isn't she cute?!! When I was browsing stamps and images for my card, I thought this cutie from "Some Odd Girl" would be perfect! She is called 'Momma Mae' and she can be found in digi form HERE!


For the sentiment, I used a stamp from "Creative Cafe" collection and heat embossed it.


The inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 4.5 x 5.5
LAYOUT: My Time Made Easy -"Sketch #45"
IMAGE: Some Odd Girl -"Momma Mae Digi Stamps" and sentiment is a stamp from "Creative Cafe"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers (E000, E00, E11, E50, E53, E55, R01, R20, R21, N0, N2 and N4) and white opaque pen for the dots
PAPERS: Cardstock and DP from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Beige button from "Button Bonanza", Clear acrylic pebbles and turquoise thread from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Cuttlebug "Argyle" embossing folder and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

My Time Made Easy -"Sketch #45"
Colour Create -"Inspiration Photo (Pink & Green)"
Crafts 4 Eternity -"Clean and Simple"
Fussy and Fancy -"Polka Dots"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
Lily Pad -"Patterned Paper"
Charizma Cardz -"Pretty In Pink"
Digi Doodle Shop Best -"Anything Goes"

Thanks so much for stopping by!

16 comments:

LORi said...

So So Super fabulous girl!! Hope you have been good!! Big Hugs - LORi

Sabrina said...

Tracey, what a beautiful card!! Great LO, beautiful muted tones, and fantastic colouring! Thank you so much for joining us at Colour Create Challenge. :) Sabrina

P.S. I'l have to come back and check out your blog. Never been here before.

Naomi said...

WONDERFUL card! Such a CUTE image and GREAT design! Your colouring ROCKS and I love that LO!

Naomi
xoxo

Lisa said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this time and good luck in the draw!

Lisa x

Rosietoes said...

Delicious card. Love your colour choices and the cute stamp too. Thank you so much for joining us at Colour Create.

Edna x

pinky said...

Stunning card. love all that stitching. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.stunning colours and design and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Hanneke said...

What a fabulous card! I love the image and colors and those buttons are great details. Hugs, Hanneke

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous, love the stitching and embossing, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

Barb said...

What an amazing card! I love the beautiful use of patterned paper and your stitching is so perfect! Fabulous coloring too! Thank you for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

Sazzle said...

Great card Tracey and I love that image :-)

Thanks for joining in our polka dot challenge over at Fussay and Fancy and good luck!

xx Happy crafting & glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a fab image, and your colouring is wonderful. Love the stitched detail and the gorgeous papers.
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

sara said...

beautiful card really sweet love all the stitching thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x

Bettina L. said...

She is the absolute perfection. Just love the Odd girls stamps;) You've coloured her up gorgeously and the stitching, embosing and design is perfect. Love how you've used pop ups underneath her too. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Cat said...

I LOVE your card! Beautiful coloring, and the stitching is such a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at MTMEPPS!

michele said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x