Saturday, January 14, 2012

To The Happy Grandparents! -Sketch Saturday Challenge #190 -Sponsored By Simon Says Stamp!!


Wow I can't believe it's the weekend already! 
Not trying to make excuses here about the sparse posts lately, but not only have I been super busy working on never ending custom orders, but I and my family have had a really crumby week! We actual came home last Saturday after going out to eat and having a wonderful time to our house burglarized! The door was kicked in, rooms were trashed, stuff was stolen and the whole shebang! Never had it happen before, first time in my/our life...worst experience ever! Completely shakes you up, stresses you out and just makes you feel all together crappy! We are fine, like I said we weren't home when it happened, thankfully, so we got that to be thankful for! We actual did get everything back, because the guy was chased down in a high speed chase after also stealing a truck...he got away though. But everything is cleaned up now, door is fixed and just looking forward to when I can relax and di-stress! So you can also say with this happening my mojo has kinda flown out the window or was stolen by the burglar! So sorry for the down in the dumps post...I promise I will get back to my old self soon!! But anyways...just wanted to give everyone an update just in case you were wondering where in the heck have I been?! :)

Now onto happy stuff!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

I did actually manage to get my card done for "Sketch Saturday" this week! I needed to make a custom baby card for one of my lovely Etsy customers. She wanted a baby boy card for grandparents. And when I didn't think I had any creativity in me left after what happened...I sat down and it just started flowing and actually was therapeutic! Which is good because I have a bunch of Valentine cards I have to get done soon too!

Here is what I came up with using Jo's super fun sketch she made for us Saturday Girls this week!


Here is the sketch...


And this week we are sponsored by "Simon Says Stamp"! Which always gives away a super awesome prize to one lucky winner!!


A very generous $25 gift certificate will be awarded to our lucky challenge winner this week to spend on goodies in the SSS store!



The image I used for my card is a super cute stuffed baby donkey from "Meljen's Designs"! When Picking out the paper for my card, I got the idea that the little giraffe would look too cute with matching polka dots too! So I whipped out my opaque white pen and started dotting away! Guess I'm just in a dotty mood...cause this card is covered in them...lol!


I had to make some sentiments for this card as it was a custom order! I will definitely be finishing and adding more to complete this set of sentiments and make them available in my sentiment shop soon!

The inside with the matching sentiment...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Meljen's Designs-"Baby Donkey" and the sentiments are my own (can soon be found HERE)
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #190"
PAPERS: DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: White buttons from "Button Bonanza", turquoise colored glass dew drops and hemp twine
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders circles and scalloped circles dies, Cuttlebug dots embossing folder, Eksuccess diamond scallop border punch and Sewing machine
OTHER: 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~
"Come join us every week for fun inspirational sketches and prizes to get those creative juices flowing!"

"Check out my digital sentiments now available here!"
Sentiments By BrossArt Addiction
~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 
 

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Alphabet Challenge Blog -"Y -is For You Choose"
The Poodles Parlour -"Button Up"
Totally Papercrafts -"Spots and Stripes"
Phindy's Place -"Tic-Tac-Toe (Embossing, Buttons, Die Cut)"
C.R.A.F.T Challenges -"Celebration"
Crafty Ribbons -"New Beginnings"
Moving Along With The Times -"Spots and/or Stripes"
Little Miss Muffet -"Something New"
Paper Play -"In Stitches"
Divas By Design -"New Beginnings"

Thanks for Stopping By!
Happy Crafting!

20 comments:

frances joy said...

fabulous card, tracey!!!! as always... :)

Faye said...

My dashboard is telling me that you've not posted for two weeks, which is why I didn't stop by last week, so I'm really glad I double checked!
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened while you were out last week, I'm glad you got your stuff back, although that's only half of it.
Anyway, I really, really, really like this card. It has a lovely fresh fel to it, super colours and fabby colouring too.
I hope this is a better week for you. xxx

mochamama said...

Girl, I just found your Blogsite!! Gorgeous work! I will definately make it a daily stalk, lol

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh my Tracey, Im so sorry to read about the burglary. Glad you got your things back thats great news.

This card is amazing, I love seeing your cards they are always great, thanks for playing on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

Sheena said...

Absolutely stunning card! I love everthing about it!

Sorry to hear about the burglary, I'm can only imagine the shock of coming home to that. Glad you got everything back and hopefully you will feel back to normal soon.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Tinkerella said...

Hey Girl, what a beautiful card you made! I love it!
Thanks for sharing it and playing along at CRAFT Challenge this week.
Best wishes and a big hug from Austria, Elisa (GDT Jan.)

Krafty Kows said...

Beautiful card - love the colours. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week. Jeanette

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3. Happy New Year!

Jo and Tigerlover.

lalkygirl said...

stunning card tracey ,so many wonderful details and your colouring is awesome
thanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
tracey x

Cleota said...

WOW, excellent job on matching the little giraffe to the papers. I thought it was paper piecing when I first saw it! Love the layout and the image is perfect for a baby card! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet challenges.

Cleota
DT Member

Stressed Stamper said...

So love the colours you have used on this image love it
Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
Sarah

uksharon said...

This is gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing with us at Paperplay this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Shirl said...

Too cute such a pretty image.

Thank you for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Paddington fan said...

Really cute and love the paper pieced donkey!! Thanks for joining our Celebrations challenge over at CRAFT this week and good luck, love Jacky x CRAFT DT

Andie's Space said...

Hi Tracey,
This looks lovely. What a sweet image & I love the colour. Such a nice idea to make a card for the grandparents. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Buladi said...

Just so cute Brossart.love the sweet images and super color too.

Plastic Cards
Membership card Printing

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card - love the spots and stripes . Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

Many thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week with our Spots and Stripes and good luck with the challenge. I'm sorry I'm not too well and this comment has been copied and pasted, but I wanted to make sure I visited every blog that entered.
I some blogaversary candies on offer on my blog if your interested.
Hugs Laurie x

cebelica said...

Oooooh, this is such a cute card!!! I love how you colored the image. Fab work! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Crafty ribbons. Hugs!

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Too cute! Love the polka dot donkey! Thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place!