Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wishing You A Day Full Of Happiness! Skect Saturday Challenge #189 w/Bente's Sketch! Sponsored by The Paper Shelter!!


Happy weekend everyone! Sorry for the late post today.
I was having problems with my laptop last night which I had saved all my pics to. Found out I had somehow got a virus from somewhere on the internet and it was making everything freeze or run extremely slow specially when I was trying to use blogger! Really not sure how I got it either because I'm always careful on what type of emails I open or what sites I visit. But my hubs downloaded a program for me and thankfully saved my laptop and got rid of the nasty thing!!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

It's time for another super fun challenge at "Sketch Saturday" and it's  Bente's DT week!  She made us an awesome sketch to play with!


Here is the sketch:


And this week we are sponsored by "The Paper Shelter"! 

 

They have the cutest digi stamps which I had the pleasure to use on my card today! And they are offering the winner a 20 $ gift certificate!!


Wow what an amazing prize!!


I was having too much fun with Bente's sketch this week and went a little crazy on my card...lol! I actually really like the way it turned out! I've been seeing all these gorgeous cards in blogland lately with this cheesecloth in their design and I really liked it! Mine however is not cheesecloth...as I didn't have any, it's actually some gauze from our first aid kit that I tore apart...lol! Can't even tell the difference! Oh and I tried out a new stitch I hadn't used on my sewing machine yet...can you tell? I really love it!!


The adorable image I used on my card today is called "Zoe Spring" and can be found in 'The Paper Shelter' shop HERE!

I took lots of pics to show the detail...but I condensed them together so I don't clog up the post for you..lol! I made the glass pebble with glossy accents and a butterfly I cut out from some DP...I was going to make some magnets, but then I thought it matched the card and would look cute sitting in the corner in front of the die cut swirl!


I made the all the pins from my bead stash and you don't want to know what I did while making them!! I use a special glue for my pins almost like a super glue and yes you guessed it...I glued my fingers together when I wasn't paying attention...lol! I'm such a clutz! And yes it did hurt pulling them apart!! I heat embossed the sentiment. I used some beautiful vintage crocheted lace in the back that I sadly covered up and some vintage seam binding ribbon that I spritzed and scrunched up for the bow! And the gorgeous flower...although I wish I made it, I did not...comes from a shop on Etsy called "A Be Spoke Touch"! I got a bunch of them awhile back last year during one of our Etsy team swap trades! She does beautiful work!

Oh and for the corners if anyone is wondering...the white dots are little "iRock" pebbles which were heat set with the tool. Kinda messed up and left the tool on them too long so the glue seeped out from under them...ah well! :(
And finally the inside!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: The Paper Shelter Digital Stamp-"Zoe Spring" and circle sentiment is from "Lili Of The Valley"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #189"
PAPERS: DCWV, Recollections and Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: Handmade chiffon fuchsia flower from "ABeSpokeTouch", Other flowers and vintage seam binding ribbon from "WOC", Vintage crocheted lace, flat back pearls, handmade glass image pebble, handmade pins from me "here", gauze from stash, "iRock" stones, and pearl brad
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders circle die, "MFT" flourish die, EkSuccess border punch, corner punch, iRock Heat tool, Bow Easy Maker and Sewing machine
OTHER: Embossing powder and 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~
"Come join us every week for fun inspirational sketches and prizes to get those creative juices flowing!"
~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Catch the Bug -"Anything Goes January"
CES Challenges -"Anything Goes"
Sweet Stampin -"Spots and Dots"
The Paper Shelter -"Anything Goes"
Simply Create Too -"More Than 2 Layers"
Cute Card Thursday -"What's New (Using Cheescloth 1st time)"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
 Simon Says Stamps -"New Something (Using Cheescloth 1st Time)"
Papertake Weekly -"Anything Goes"

Thanks for Stopping By!
Happy Crafting!

16 comments:

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Tracey. Amazing detail and just so pretty. Thanks for joining in this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Kim said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Paper Shelter!

SoniaW said...

Hi, i love your blog and i have been having real problems with my laptop. I am now resigned to using my kids laptop which is so different to mine. I think that i too am having trouble with blogger as i have switched from mozilla to internet explorer and although this has improved the speed of my internet i cannot get onto any blog sites inc my own at all. they are taking ages to attempt to load. Also as you i am careful about what i open etc. can you tell me what your husband did on your laptop as i have tried lots of different things and i am going to have to take it to our local pc shop for them to work on. I will feel as though my arm has been chopped off!
ps. love all your cards you are on my list ofn inspirational blogs!!!!!

Tracey T said...

What a gorgeous card and so much detail! I love the ribbon flower and the image is adorable. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Wedgie said...

Beautiful card, love all your detailing and the fact that its decorated both inside and out! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

helloholley said...

Wow!!! Love your gorgeous card!!! Thanks for playing along at SSCB!!! ;)

karen said...

Oh Wow Tracey, thats just stunning, fanatastic colours and so much lovely detail, have to keep looking at it!! thanks for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness that is just amazing, Tracey! Just adore all the details and the image is so sweet. Perfect colouring on the image as well - I'm so envious!! Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin this week. Sarah

Min said...

Oh my goodness Tracey - this is an absolute WORK OF ART!!! All the details and the coloring is just FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tracey :-) I love everything about this stunning card !! fantastic ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful card, love the pink and brown colour combo and your attention to detail is fabulous
Lindsay xx

Deb said...

So beautiful!
Many thanks for joining in the first Cute Card Thursday challenge of 2012!
Happy crafting, Debxx

Mynnette said...

Oh, wow! I just love the way you've got two of your gorgeous pins sticking out of the top right hand corner--this is amazing! :)

Jennifer said...

This is lovely.So many pretty details. Thanks so much for playing at CES Challenges xx Jenny xx

Veronica said...

Oh my! This card is adorable! Everything match perfectly. This is truly beautiful. We just started a DT call just in case you're interested.
Have a great day.
Veronica from The Paper Shelter

Sandy said...

Wow, so many beautiful embellishments - cute image and fab layout, fabulous card,
Sandy