Saturday, February 11, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys -Sketch Saturday Challenge #194 -Sponsored By Simon Says Stamp!


Time is just flying right on by this week and every week! I can't believe it's already time for another Valentine's day party at my kiddos school! I have lots to do this weekend and helping my kiddos craft their own Valentine's is on the top of my list! I'm kicking myself in the foot right now for promising them we would do that instead of getting the store bought ones this year...lol! But, I know it will be fun for all of us!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Anyhooo...it's time for another fun challenge at "Sketch Saturday"! And boy are you in store for the most fabulous sketchy from Jo...well all her sketches are fab, but I had such a blast with this one! I'm continuing with my personal goal of creating more cards for the boys...since I don't make enough of them.


The sketch:


This weeks challenge is sponsored by our friends at "Simon Says Stamp"!


A very generous $25 gift certificate will be awarded to our lucky challenge winner this week to spend on goodies in the SSS store!

 


This one just called for buttons which I love to break out every chance I get!! I also created this one for the challenge over at "Farm Fresh Challenge" which called for dimension! So I cut out this little cutie and popped him up on dimensional 3D squares! I was so excited to break open my new "DCWV" stack to create this one!I I used the new "Playground" set which is full of cuteness and all the designs are created on Kraft cardstock...just adorable! I used 2 different embossing folders for the little circles on each side and then buttons to create the rest of the circles for the sketch!


This little cutie is from "The Greeting Farm" stamps and came as part of this set which can be found HERE! I was pretty much happy with everything on my card except my coloring! I messed up so horribly on his hair and didn't realize it or notice until I was done coloring all of him. He looks like he has a huge skunk spot...lol! Oh well...hope it's not too noticeable??


The sentiment is one of my own and can be found in the shop HERE! It's one of the designs I made last year and I just now completed a whole set, which is all boy themed!

Recognize the little dino?? It's actually came as part of the stamp I used on the front! I couldn't fit the whole stamp on the front, so I decided to put this little cutie on the inside! Super cute!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 x 5.5
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #194"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The Greeting Farm -"Happy Day" stamp set and Sentiment is from my digi sentiment shop "BrossArtful Designs"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is Recollections and DP cardstock from DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: "Button Bonanza" buttons, jet black acrylic pebbles, wired orange ribbon and twine from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Spellbinders circles dies and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D square dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Farm Fresh Challenge -"A Whole New Dimension"
Phindy's Place Challenge -"Round and Round"
Crafty Ribbons -"One For The Men or Boys"
Digi Doodle Shops Best -"For The Boys"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
Craft Room Challenge -"Cute and Cuddly"
Anything Goes Challenge -"Eye's Down Bingo Board (Animals, Your Choice & Stitching)"
Hotshot Crafts -"One For The Boys"

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Happy Crafting!

32 comments:

Hanneke said...

Love your card! That stamp is so cute, love the dinosaurs! Great DP and colors. Hugs, Hanneke

Tracey Brossart said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful comment Hanneke! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Steph said...

Absolutely love it!!! Just adore the colours you've used Tracey!! And my extra fav bit is the cute tiny little dinosaur inside! x

Tracey Brossart said...

Thanks so much Steph! Hugz! :D

Blankina said...

I love your card, the sketch is great and I like all layers....and all the details!!See you around at the Fresh Farm challenges.
Ciao Blankina

craft-roomjulia said...

Brilliant card, so much detail and a very cute image. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

craftymum said...

a wonderful card Tracey. You can enter this into Hotshot Crafts new challenge....one for the boys

hugs sarah x

Jennifer said...

This is very incredible! I just love your circle layers and buttons! Wonderful sentiment!

Tracey Brossart said...

Thanks for your comment Sarah and I will definitely do that! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Debi said...

I love this image- so cute!! thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Jilli said...

I love everything about your card Tracey. The papers, buttons, cute image and your perfect colouring. A fabulous boys card. Hugs Jillix

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.i love the adorbale image and your bold colours and design are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

WOW!!!!! Tracey, this is gorgeous hun. I just adore this lil' sweetie and your colouring is amazing. Love the papers and buttons.

Donna x

Maria said...

I love this, it's fabulous! Your colouring is great, and like the dps you've chosen. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

Kate said...

fantastic card, always good to see boy cards (I have 3 of my own!)

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Doodle Shop this week.xxx

Gaynor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gaynor said...

This is a sweet card, I love the colours you used and your colouring is amaaazing, thanks for joining us at Anything goes, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

craftymum said...

a super card. thank you Tracey for joining us at HSC for our " one for the boys " challenge

hugs sarah

p.s. do check out the shop Hotshot Craft.co.uk was great prices on crafting products

Minna said...

Oh my! Fabulous card!!!!

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous! love all those circles, great take on the sketch, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

Cheryl said...

oh this is really beautiful,bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs Cherylxx

Faye said...

Tracey, you make the most PERFECT boy cards and I always love them, but this one has just made me smile so much. Totally fab. You rock. xxx

ahlers5 said...

What an adorable card. Love it inside and out! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Challenge. Good luck with the draw.
Diane

craftykitten said...

Hi Tracey,
Aww hun this is fabulous. Love the colours and the way you used the little dino inside to match. Thanks for sharing with us in our One for the Men/Boys challenge at Crafty Ribbons.
hugs
Dawn xx

La Vikinga said...

Great card and great inside!! I like the small cute details!

La Vikinga, Crafty Ribbons

uksharon said...

Great card, love the bold colours and how you've incorporated the circles theme and sketch together. I would have been over whelmed but your's is just marvellous.
Thanks for sharing with us at Phindys Place this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Esther said...

Love that you've made a cute boy card...fab colours and great button details..Thanks so much for joining our craft-room challenge..Esther xxx

Wendy - AKA Mrs. B said...

Tracey, this is oooooh soooo booooy and I LOVE IT!!!!! We don't see many boy cards and this one just ROCKS! wendy xx

Craftdee said...

I LOVE this card!! Everything about it is "right"... the colours, image and embellies, and you've used the sketch to perfection. Did I say I LOVE it? :-) TFS, Donna

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh this is precious - love love love your coloring!!!
thanks so much for playing with us at Phindy's Place (-:

Lou said...

I love this card, the colour combo the buttons and s brilliant image too really fantastic x Lou x