Saturday, February 25, 2012

For A Great Friend -Sketch Saturday Challenge #196 -Sponsored By The Craft Barn!!


New weekend, new sketch! Yay!!
Keeping it short today as I haven't been feeling too good. I haven't really been online much this past week or even Facebook...which is a big thing for me, lol! Started a new diet last week and my tummy has just not been feeling too well...plus I have the case of the grumps. My mojo runs away when I'm irritable...lol!! Think I just need some chocolate and it will come back!

Hopefully I and the Saturday Girls can inspire you to all play along with Jo's fab sketch this week!


The Sketch:


We are sponsored by "The Craft Barn" this week!


As always, this weeks challenge winner will receive a generous prize from The Craft Barn!


Kinda stepped out of my comfort zone with my card this week...hubby says my card looks goth! I don't think it looks goth...I thought it turned out cute??? Think it may just be all the black I added...lol.


The super gorgeous image is from "Saturated Canary" and can be found HERE! Krista has the most beautiful digi stamps to play with...I'm becoming hooked as I have been coloring up a lot of her images while I haven't been feeling good this week!

More views...I heat embossed the sentiment with sparkly kaleidoscope embossing powder! Don't like the way my bow turned out...so I covered it up with a brad, flowers and a butterfly charm...lol.


The inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 x 5.5
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #196"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Saturated Canary -"Thank You" Image and sentiment is from "Whimsy Stamps"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: All Mulberry paper flowers and flat back pearls are from "WOC", Lush rhinestone brads, clear acrylic pebbles, cheesecloth and all ribbon and butterfly charm are from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Circles Nesties, "MFT" Die-namics Fancy Flourish die, EkSuccess Butterfly punch and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D square dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Crafty Catz Weekly -"I Spy...Something Beginning With B (Bows, Bling, Brads, Butterflies)"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Weekly Link Up Party"
Stampin' For The Weekend -"Bingo (Bows, Sparkle & Flowers)"
Craft Us Crazy -"Favorite Color Purple"
Crop Stop -"Include At Least 3 Flowers"
Cute Card Thursday -"Winged Things"
Delightful Challenges -"Use Patterned Paper"
Moving Along With The Times -"Lots Of Layers"
Willow Sketchie Challenge -"Anything Goes"
Divas By Design -"Bling It Up"
The Sisterhood Of Crafters -"Use A Digital Stamp"

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!
 

30 comments:

Wendy L said...

Great looking card. I love the deep colouring. xxx

Hanneke said...

Wow, yur card is gorgeous! Love the colors that you used and the coloring! Don't think it looks goth, lol. Hugs, Hanneke

Annie Rose said...

Tracey, this is unbelievably beautiful! I love it. Your coloring and shading is fantastic... I cant stop looking it it. :)

-Annie Rose

Rose Petal said...

Hello Tracey. so beautiful, lovely colours, papers and layers. Beautifully embellished too. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Tracy,
Another really beautiful card, you are so talented my friend.
I love the colors and the sketch is awesome.
hugs Tammy

Jo said...

I think this care turned out cute too. Beautiful work as always, it certainly doesn't look as if your mojo is off. You rock!
I love all the extras you add to your cards for the finishing touches that show how much thought you put into each one.
I'm feeling under the weather too, get well soon, hope we'll both feel better soon eh?
Jo xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Tracey, Oh this is a super card, I love the colours, I do think shes a wee bit goth but Goth can be cute! Love the layers on it, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope you feel better soon, Hazelxo

Susie Little said...

So Beautiful! I love the swirlies!xx

Sandra said...

This card looks amazing. I love those dark rich colors! Gorgeous!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWZA! I just LOVE your creations Tracey! This is AMAZING! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘USING DIGIS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Kitika said...

beautiful card

coops said...

wow this is fantastic tracey.your colours and details are stunning and i love the gorgeous image ;D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Tracey, this is an amazing card hun. love how you've coloured this lil' sweetie and all your embellies are so scrummy.

Donna x

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card Tracey, Fab colour combo
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Pearl said...

This card is beautiful Tracey! Like the colours you have chosen and your always seem to use the right embellishments for the right card!
Love Pearl x

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful colours and colouring Tracey, I love her black hair, I've not matered that yet! Gorgeous!
Thanks for blinging it up at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge and also at MAWTT for the Lots of Layers
Hugs Laurie

Rebekah said...

Saw this on FB Tracey and loved it sooo much the colours are truly stunning and such a fab lo with yummy embellies. Thanks also for entering at Divas hugs rebekah xx

Katie said...

This cards makes me want to go out and buy some Copics. Your colors are just stand out. This has to be one of my favorite cards I have seen. Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog!

Steph said...

I continue to be amazed by your work, Tracey!!! This is just stunning!! I love EVERYTHING about this card, especially the colour combo, I love to contrast bright colours with black too!! Love it ! x

Kellylouj said...

I love this card its fab! I love the colours such a great combination.
Thank you for sharing with WSC X

Vicki said...

Fantabulous creation, Tracey! Your coloring and work are always so inspiring. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Veronica said...

Wow, wow this is so awesome. The coloring is fantastic. This truly is an amazing card
Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog
Veronica

Lisa Jane said...

What fabulous colours and gorgeous layers
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our lots of layers challenge
Lisa x

Jen said...

wow tracey... love the colour, the image ang all the detail... just gorgeous

jen xx

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

Lisa Watson said...

LOVE this card!!! The colors are fantastic!!! Amazing details! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!!

Flowergirl said...

Gorgeous card, Love your colours they are fab! Great sketch too x
Wendy x

Faye said...

Tracey, so sorry I'm so late in commenting. Things at the house seem to have stepped up a gear and I don't know where the time is going. I don't think I'm gonna be able to use your fabby sketch this week either. :( Really sorry.
Loving this card. You always use the most amazing colour combos. Just faberlicious. xxx

Lizy said...

This is so totally stunning Tracey! I really love the colour combo and all the fab detail! Aren't those SC images gorgeous?!
Lizy x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely sketch again. I've missed the challenge but I'm definitely going to use the sketch. BEAUTIFUL card! I love your colour choices and of course your superb colouring. Lovely! Hugs, Lesley