Saturday, February 18, 2012

Have A Magical Birthday! -Sketch Saturday Challenge #195 -Sponsored By Stamp Fairy!!


Happy weekend everyone!! 
Hope you can take the time and enjoy the simple things this weekend! I know I will be with my kiddos. I've been super busy all week working on stuff for my Etsy shop, my sentiments and custom order...so a restful time spent with the hubs and the kiddos is very needed for me! I tried to get another card made that I could share with you all this week, but I just didn't find the time! Hopefully next week will go much smoother and I can craft and relax!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

We have another super fun sketch for you this week and a fabulous NEW sponsor with the most adorable digi images that some of us on the team took the pleasure to play with!! Also this is the first week our new Saturday Girls get to show off their work for the team!! So be sure to stop by their blogs and give them some comment love!
 
 
The Sketch:


And our NEW sponsor this week is "Stamp Fairy"!!


You will find lots of fun, adorable and whimsical images like fairies and teddy bears to fall in love with!

Our challenge winner this week will win a wonderful and very generous $10 gift certificate to spend at "Stamp Fairy"!



It was super generous and so kind of Gerda from "Stamp Fairy" to give us these adorable images to play with this week...so I couldn't pass up the chance! For my card this week, I have used a cutie pie digi from the "Molly Fairy" collection! She came with a beautiful matching sentiment too!


I've been trying to step out of my box lately and use different colors then my safe and norm pink and purple...but I guess old habits die hard! lol! She looks so pretty colored in this rich purple and pink though! And no way could I pass up the chance to sparkle her wings up with Glamour Dust and I used some Stickles on her sparkly wand too!!


The gorgeous plum Asters and the purple and creme Cherry Blossoms are from "Wild Orchard Crafts"! I also used some flat back pearls from "WOC" as well.

I'm super excited about my new "MFT" die that I just had to show it off in this close up view...lol! I love my dies...can never have enough! Love this beautiful loopy/crocheted ribbon...I found it in the bargain bin at "Big Lots" of all places! The only disappointment is there isn't much that come on a spool.


I'm still trying to figure out my new sewing machine (yes, a NEW sewing machine...another super exciting purchase!)...so my stitching turned out a little wonky on the inside...lol.


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 x 5.5
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #195"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Stamp Fairy -"Molly Fairy Collection" Image and sentiment set
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is from Recollections. Glitter cardstock is from DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: Al flowers and flat back pearls are from "WOC" and ribbon is from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders scalloped rectangles, ovals and scalloped ovals dies, "MFT" Die-namics Leafy Flourish and sewing machine
OTHER: Glamour Dust Glitter, Stickles and 3D square dimensional

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Crafter's Companion -"Anything Goes"
Paper Crafting Journey -"Make It Cute"
Do You Stack up? -"Layers"
Cute Card Thrusday -"Flower Power"
4 Crafty Chicks -"Double Down"
Card Makin Mamas -"Happy Birthday"
Crafty Catz Weekly -"Favortie Things (Purple, Pearls and Dies)"
The Poodles Parlour -"Card For A Female"
Crafty Purple Frog -"Flower Power"
Craft Us Crazy -"Favorite Color or Embellishment (Purple)"
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!
 

30 comments:

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.the image is so sweet and i love your fabulous colour combo and design :D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

Your colouring is awesome. It's a fab colour combo too. And don't mention new dies, I am addicted to them right now! xxx

Rebekah said...

Stunning work Tracey! Love what you did with that sketch and such yummy colours sweetie! Hugs Rebekah xx

Annette said...

Love your card Tracy, the purples are lovely, and Molly looks so sweet.
Annette
Stampfairy
xx

Susie Little said...

Stunning as always Hun. I love your colour choices and those paper's are perfect! Total Gorgeousness!xx

Anne said...

What lovely colours, this is gorgeous!
Anne
x

Michelle said...

Hi Tracey! This is my first time visiting - I saw your card on the Sketch Saturday blog & had to come tell you how BEE-YOU-TI-FUL it is!! I love everything about it -- the colors -- your coloring -- all the details -- just gorgeous!! Guess I'll have to take a peeksy around to oogle your other creations!
Have a super weekend!
PS -- I love that "art" is part of your last name!!!!!

Hanneke said...

Wow, stunning! Love the cute image and great colors you used! Love all the flowers and glitter as well! Hugs, Hanneke

Fleur said...

Stunning card Tracey, so Beautiful
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Donna Mosley said...

Absolutely stunning Tracey, love your amazing colouring and the flowers and flourishes look gorgeous hun.

Donna x

Carol said...

Beautiful card Tracey, thanks for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog this time. Carol DT x

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is so cute, I love the image and your colours are fabulous, big hugs love Pops x

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our double challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

Steph said...

Such a gorgeous card, Tracey! I LOVE the striking colour combo you've used, so unusual and those flowers are so pretty! x

WencheP said...

This is beautiful! I love the colours and the image is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you next week.

-Wenche

Del said...

What a beautiful card Tracey, love the colour combination and the flowers are gorgeous. She's a little cutie too xx

Lizy said...

This is such a wonderful card Tracey! So much detail and such very pretty colours!
Lizy x

Kitika said...

This is gorgeous card! fab colours!

Jen said...

wow... i love the deep purple is it so gorgeous...

i think i'm going to have to have a room just for dies with all the gorgeous ones out at the moment

xx

Pauline said...

This is stunning! A gorgeous card with fabulous stitched panels, and a beautifully coloured image. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Stunningly beautiful card - I love the colour combo and super layout too x
Thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Jacq said...

Hi Tracey,
Oh WOW this is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the adorable image, the dps, the colour scheme is beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishments look fabulous. Coloured to perfection. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made. It’s perfect for our challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, thanks for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog this time. Carol DT x

Fluffles said...

Great colouring, fantastic stitching & a gorgeous card, Jx

Aunty Sue said...

Beautiful creation and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our favouites challenge. Hope to see you back next week. xx

febe said...

I love every details in this card. Beautiful colors, image and design. :)

revitol free trial

MILA25 said...

Beautiful card. Beautifully dobrałaś colors. A beautifully colored stamp.
Hugs Mili

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and those papers are beautiful
Lindsay xx