Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hello Cupcake! Sweet Sunday Sketch!


I whipped up a quicky after sending the kiddos to bed tonight! But before I get to my card, I want to apologize to everyone for not getting my candy post up this weekend. Time just got away from me this week. And can you believe it's already February??!! And just when I was getting use to it being January 2012...lol! Anyways, I plan on getting the candy gathered up today, snappping some pics and hopefully will get it posted by tonight!

Onto my card...I guess I was in a simple and clean mood tonight. I get that way sometimes, but I actually love the way it turned out! I used a fabulous layout by "Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge"!


Side view showing the banner tag I made. I'm starting to really like the banner type tags for my sentiments! I really need to get find a die though, because it gets kinda time consuming creating them from scratch...lol.


The cutie patootie image and sentiment are from "My Favorite Things". I don't really like how the cupcake turned out...not sure if it's the colors or what it is? I used my white opaque pen again to polka her dress!


I heat embossed the sentiment. Love the layered button look too! :D


Simple matching inside too...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 4.5 x 5.5
LAYOUT: Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge -"Sketch #151"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: My Favorite Things -"Pure Innocense-Hello Cupcake"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers and white opaque pen
PAPERS: Cardstock and DP from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Clear pebbles from stash, silver "iRock" glam rocks and buttons from "Button Bonanza"
TOOLS: "iRock" heat setting tool and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D square dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Party Time Tuesdays -"Anything Goes"
Heart Song Inspirations -"Button and/or Brads"
My Craft Spot -"Anything Goes"
Stamp and Create -"Anything Goes"
Pile It On -"Just Because"

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Happy Crafting!

13 comments:

Hanneke said...

What an adorable card! Love the image and those layered buttons. Hugs, Hanneke

Rebekah said...

This is superb Tracey love that cute image! Hugs rebekah xx

Lisa said...

Tracey this is fabulous! Great coloring on this cute image! Love the combo of DPs.

coops said...

so stunning tracey.the image is gorgeous and i love your fab colours ;D

xx coops xx

Jessica said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch. I love the stitching and admire your talent. I really love the stacked buttons...fun!
:O)
Jessica

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this sweet little PI! Your coloring is gorgeous and I adore those buttons! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Sunday Sketch this week :)

Lisa H. said...

great card! love the colors you used....so festive!

Joanne Basile said...

This is ADORABLE! Love the polka dotted dress treatment!

zehra said...

Lovely card

Tammie E said...

I thought for sure the dress was paper pieced...I love the white dot treatment! Super cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile It On!

Tam
One Happy Stamper; Pile It On! DT; Our Craft Lounge DT

Samantha said...

Fabulous card love the papers and its so vibrant too! thanks for playing the Pile it On Just Because challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Grenouille Greetings said...

I came by to thank you for your visit to my blog and to wish you well in my candy draw but I got a bit distracted with your lovely makes and all the goodies you have on offer. I just love this little PI cupcake girl. Lovely colour work and pretty design. Great button and banner sentiment too! Hugs, Lesley

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is exquisite!! I absolutely LOVE this!!