Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Believe That You Are Wonderful! A Very Special Card! Sugar Bowl Sketch Challenge!


I created a very special card today for a very special person. My aunt just recently found out that she has Colon cancer and will be having a risky surgery on Monday. She is going through all kinds of emotions right now and ups and downs. So I wanted to create something for her to let her know that even know I may be far away, she will always be in my heart and my thoughts. She really needs something to keep her spirits up right now, so I'm hoping this will help...although something so small as a card and a little gift, I believe every little bit of thought and effort helps in some way emotionally.


Side view...


I used an adorable stamp from "Sugar Nellie"...she is called Charlotte and can be found in the "Funky Kits Shop" HERE! I've had her for awhile now and just recently mounted her. I wanted to use her because not only is she the cutest, but thought she kinda resembled my aunt too!


I sparkled her wings up with Diamond Stickles!

All the flowers, leaves and the crystal stem are from "WOC". I couldn't help sparkling those up too...lol! The stamp is from "Lili Of The Valley".


The vintage seam binding ribbon is also from "WOC". I added a rhinestone brad and created a little handmade dangling charm.


Completed the inside with the same theme as well. I'm one who never knows the right words to say in times like this...so I'm hoping I chose the right ones. :)


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: The Sugar Bowl Challenge -"Sketch #78"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Sugar Nellie -"Charlotte" Stamp Image and the sentiment is from "Lili Of The Valley"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Burnt orange glass dew drop pebbles, all flowers, skeleton leaves, crystal stem and "mink" vintage seam binding ribbon from "WOC", LUSH rhinestone brads, my own handmade charm, flat back rhinestones and (vintage crocheted ribbon, cheesecloth and burlap all from stash)
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders Circles & Open Scalloped Cirlces Nesties Dies, EkSuccess butterfly punch, Martha Stewart fancy scalloped border punch and sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles glitter glue and 3D square dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

I also created a little gift to go along with her card and made it to match the charm on the card. I used these gorgeous antiqued brass heart frames I've had in my bead stash for a long time. And knew this was the perfect thing to use them on! All the beads are Czech glass and I used colors to match with the card. Everything has been finished in antiqued brass.


~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sugar Bowl Challenge -"Sketch Challenge #78"
 Papertake Weekly -"Anything Goes"
Craft Room Challenge -"Shabby Vintage"
 Party Time Tuesdays -"Lots Of Bling"
Top Tip Tuesday -"Stitches Real or Faux"
Craft Your Passion -"Anything Goes"
Crafty Boots -"Glitter"
Creative Mondays -"Anything Goes"
Make It Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
The Pink Elephant -"3 or More Layers"

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!
 

43 comments:

Fleur said...

Oh WOW! Tracey this is just so very beautiful. Gorgeous, I love it all
Hugz Fleur xXx

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you incorporate so many details into your cards and they all just flow so well! Awesome job! And I'm keeping your Aunt and family in my thoughts!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card,really sweet image and I love the ribbon, lace and flowers. Gorgeous card.

Thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Boots Challenegs.

Dionne

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt, I hope that her surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery, I am sure she will love the beautiful card and gift. Love the image and the colours and the bow and flowers are gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Rebekah said...

This is stunning Tracey I am sure she will love it and I do hope the surgery goes well for her big hugs rebekah xx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Hi Tracy,
Another wonderful Creation.
I am so sorry for your Aunt I pray
for everything to go better.
Hugs

Karen C said...

OMG!!! I love everything about this card! Love the flowers, love the image, love the layout...Saw you on Make It Monday and had to take a closer look! :) Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Karen C
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

peggy aplSEEDS said...

what a lovely card and how sweet of you to make something to lift your aunt's spirits. hoping for the best for her.

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Tracey, gorgeous card and gift...

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

wow this is so stunning tracey and it shows that its made from the heart.really gorgeous image and your details are beautiful :D
sending lots of positive thoughts to your aunt.

xx coops xx

Heide said...

You card is just stunning. Love all the detail that you have added. Wonderful work, saw you on MIM and just had to check it out.
Hugs, Heide

Maria said...

Such a stunning card and gift for someone so special, and definitely something to treasure. I'm really sorry to hear about your aunt and hope the surgery goes well. She will very touched by what your created for her. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Really special card, made with love, hope all the best for your aunt.
Gorgeous card!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful Tracey. I couldn't see your contact details on here, could you email me on crafteezee@gmail.com. Thanks. Tracy x

Debi said...

what lovely details and colours for your card, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh I agree, Tracey. In difficult times, receiving warm and loving wishes are always beneficial and I'm sure your aunt will be charmed by her gift and the absolutely delightful card. I wish her well. A friend of mine recovered very nicely from the same terrible condition a few years ago but the treatment was tough.
Love your aqua and mustard colour choices and all of the beautiful embellishments! Hugs, Lesley

Sue U said...

So sorry to hear of your Aunts illness, Tracey. fingers crossed for you all, I'm sure your lovely card and gift will brighten her day and help her keep positive through what must be such a stressful time.

Saw your card on MIM and just had to stop on by for a closer look - so pleased that I did

Sue xx

Heather Jewett said...

Tracey, so sorry to hear of your Aunt's illness, I will keep her in my thoughts. Your card is so gorgeous, I'm sure it will lift her spirits immensely. Hugz, Heather

craft-roomjulia said...

This is so sweet, I love all your layers and the colours are so pretty. Thanks for joing us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

Kami-koneko said...

This is wonderful, I'm sure she'll love it - every good thought counts :)
The colours and all the glitter (I love glitter!) is amazing, as is your colouring-skills :)

Thanks for sharing at KennyK's,
hugs from DT-Laila

Sonya said...

It's soooo gorgeous!!! visit my blog and take your award from me http://lamiastella-sonya.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-post_08.html

Cindi Flass said...

Gorgeous card and gift! My mother had cancer and I can tell you one of the things that helped her was all the cards and gifts she got showing that people really cared. I'm sure your Aunt will love it.

Del said...

Stunning card Tracey, I adore the colours you've used and those DP papers are gorgeous.

Divinity said...

Love the paper line! beautiful card! absolutely gorgeous details :)

Lisa M said...

You've left nothing out! This is just oozing with thoughtfulness, beauty and love. A truly touching card indeed. I wish the very best for her. ;)
Hugs,
Lisa xxx
Thank you for playing in our challenges at Top Tip Tuesday and Make It Monday.

Hanneke said...

What a great creation you posted on MIM! Love the image and colors! I have a birthday candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

Michelle said...

Hi Tracey

Wow! Absolutely beautiful card! I love the pretty papers and that burlap just looks amazing. Your colouring is brilliant and the flower arrangement just perfect.

I have shared your gorgeous card on the Pink Paper Paradise facebook page.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Alyce said...

Tracey wow this is just so gorgeous and thoughtful. I LOVE your colouring and the little details. I am sure your aunt will love it. Hope she does well with the surgery! You have some amazing work - I popped over from Make it Monday and I am now a follower :)

Lilli said...

Totally gorgoeus card, love all the lovely flowers and the colorcombo :)
Thanks for playing with us at The Kenny K's Krafty Girlz :)
Hugs Lilli

Jodi said...

This is wonderful, just love it! Thanks for linking up with us at Craft Your Passion this week. Hope to see you back again soon!
Hugs,
Jodi

Rosie Gustafson said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the flowers. Thank you for sharing on MIM.

Samantha said...

WOW another spectacular card I love EVERYTHING about it! its so pretty and there is so much to look at! thanks for joining us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Sonya said...

for the rules of receiving this award are to nominate 10 fellow bloggers and to share 7 things about yourself, as well as thank the sender.

Katina said...

WOW Tracey!! What a stunning card!! Thanks for playing along with us for this week's Anything Goes challenge at Papertake Weekly. Good luck!

Frances said...

What a beautiful card, super cute image, wonderfully colored. That antique look charm is stunning. hugs, Frances

thecraftycavalier said...

Stunning card, as always! A beautiful thought to send it to your Aunt. I hope very much that the surgery goes well; I'll keep her in my thoughts. Sending healing vibes, hugs, Jayne xx

LaJanette said...

Oh Tracy this set of card and gift is just so super over the top GORGEOUS! Loving the little heart frame charm; and just the whole card is FAB; so many great details! I am sure that it will cheer your Aunt up! Hope everything goes well in her surgery:0)

Thanks for playing along with our Stitches challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday; hope to see you back often:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Sarah said...

Stunning card, love your sweet image and colour combo, thanks for joining us at craft your passion, hugs, Sarah x

Stamping Shanni said...

Your card is totally amazing - love your colouring which is breathtaking and have to say that your bling and trinkets are so beautifully merged with the whole design that it is hard not to keep staring. . . adore the inside as much as the out! Thanks for sharing.

Stamping Shanni

Tracy said...

Saw this over at MIM and had to pop over for a closer look. It's so wonderful! love the colors and coloring and all the little extras. Beautiful card Tracey and the little dangle to match is lovely too. :-)

Paige said...

Fabulous! Love all the gorgeous details! So happy you joined us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Karen said...

This is so beautiful, I do hope your aunt is improving, such a wonderful card is sure to lift her spirits hugs Karen

Esther said...

This is a beautiful card, lots of lovely elements and gorgeous colours..Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx