Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Emerald Faerie Garden DT Call...


So today is the first day of Spring!! Well...I don't know about anyone else, but it sure doesn't feel like Spring...more like Winter, brrrr...! I'm so ready for blooming flowers, the warmth and dreaming of Summer already...lol! I'm thinking of trying to plant flowers again this year, although they didn't ever take last year. I'm so tempted, but with our Oregon weather...I know better to wait! Plus it's been raining...which is normal for us, but it's also been snowing all over the state and down near the coast where we never get it! But enough of my rambling...Happy..errr...Spring!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Sooo...I noticed over at Emerald Faerie Garden Challenges they are having a DT call!! While I have never had the pleasure to use their lovely images before now, (they were put on my very LONG wish list of gotta have images...lol) I have participated in their fun challenges several times before and always enjoy seeing the amazing inspiration and talent that the DT comes up with!! So I decided I'm going to try out and purchased my very first image to use for the DT call and I have gotta say that I'm in love!! This little fairy was so much fun to color in!! Plus, I'm always a sucker for fairies!!

Here is my entry...and now keeping my fingers crossed!!
 
 
Not my usual color combo...I've been trying to step outside my creative box and try new color combos instead of my always safe, purples and pinks! I kinda like the way this turned out...although I think I could have done with a little less yellow...lol!


The beautiful little faerie image I used for my card today is called "Isabella" and can be found HERE! I added soft inked clouds to the background, popped her up on top with 3d foam and sparkled her up a bit with Stickles!

~♥ COPIC COLORS USED ♥~

All the flowers, flat back pearls and beautiful crystal stem are from "WOC"! I love the sparkling, whimsical look these crystal stems bring to any project! I got me some new border punches recently and have been having lots of fun playing with them...lol!


The inside...kept it simple on this one...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: Sketch N Stash -"Sketch #83"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Emerald Faerie Garden -"Isabella" Digi Stamp
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is from Recollections and DP from DCWV & Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: All flowers, crystal stem and adhesive flat back pearls are from "WOC", Mocha satin ribbon, LUSH pearl brad, silver filigree corner, Decorative floral brad from Recollections and burlap from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders Ovals and Open Scalloped Ovals Nesties Dies, Recollections Border punch, "Bow Easy" bow maker and sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles glitter glue and 3D dimensional foam

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sketch N Stash -"Sketch #83"
House Of Gilli -"Spring"
Make It Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Love To Create -"Anything Goes"
My Craft Spot -"Spring Scallops"
Paper Creations Ink -"Things With Wings"
Sparkles Forum -"Mother's Day or Spring"
Really Reasonable Ribbon -"Spring w/Ribbon Theme"

Thanks so much for stopping by!! 
Happy Crafting!!
 

36 comments:

Cor* said...

Always amazing work! i love your attention to detail & your style is so original! Colors are sooooooooo lush. I too, fell in love with their images almost immediately, but no time to treasure them! You pictures are flipping amazing too! I am drooling! Take Care and good luck (your a shoe in for sure).

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love all the different stitching....

Fleur said...

A stunning card Tracey, beautifully coloured and your attention to detail is awesome
GOOD LUCK
HUGZ Fleur xXx

BethieJ said...

Your card is FABULOUS!! outside and INSIDE!! (that is something I dont usually do.. then I see them and think why? it just finishes it so well! Oh I know.. I am always BEHIND in making mine! LOL!!) FABULOUS card!!
Saw you over at Make It Monday! Have a GREAT day!!

Rebekah said...

Oh wow Tracey I just love this the colours are so fabulous! I am sure you will grab a place on the DT with your totally amazing talent sweetie! Hugs Rebekah xx

Alyce said...

Tracey this is so beautiful! I love all of the details and beautiful embellishments that you used :) Goodluck with your application for the DT!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Tracey, the yellow is just perfect, gorgeous colouring and details..all the best for the DT call..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

and....thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is stunning. Good luck with the DT call!

Chrizette said...

This card is amazing! You are sure to be chosen for the DT call!

Celestial Things

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and soi beautifully embellished

Thank you for joining us at SnS

Sue
xx

Arabella said...

This is so lovely Tracey! They'll be sure to want you on the DT! I love the new colour combo and as always your colouring and embellishments are amazing!

Arabella

Chrissie said...

A lovely card, sweet image and I really like the colour combo (even with the yellow ha ha!)
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

Sarah said...

A fabulous card! Love the colours you have used and your card looks great inside too!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

coops said...

oooooo wow this is fantastic tracey.i love your rich bold colours and stunning image and design :D


xx coops xx

sarah-Jane said...

Stunning card Tracey. I love the colours, image..in fact I love everything about it! Good luck with the DT call.
Sarah-Jane xx

Manuela said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love it! Your colouring is fantastic!!
Thanks for playing with us at creative stampfriends!

Rene said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Absolutely amazing...just GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week!
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

Linda said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful coloring and the design is fantastic.. love it!! Hugs, Linda

Crafty and Green said...

Stunningly Gorgeous! I love the Colors!! This is fantastic!! Great Image!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge & For sharing your talents with us!! Come back and join us again soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Karen said...

Fabulously coloured and beautifully embellished hugs Karen

Jacki Randolph said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Beautifully colored and designed with your embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautiful and the image has been coloured so creatively. Saw it on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
Hugs
Desire

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wonderfully vibrant colouring on this fabulously designed card, Tracey. Hugs, Lesley

Ang C said...

A beautiful card

Thankyou for joining us at SMC - hope to see you again soon

Good luck in the draw

Ang

Tracey Manderson said...

OMG OMG OMG this is amazing Trace!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! lol
Hugs
Tracey
Emerald Faerie Garden
xxx

Wuzimädi said...

Wow, this card is really amazing! So wonderful bright colors and excellent coloration!
Thanks so much for joining us at Creative stamp Friends!
Mich

* Shaz * said...

Gorgeous card!

thank you for joining in the fun with us at SMC for our " Mothers day/Spring " challenge

Hope you will join us again soon
Good luck in the draw

Hugs Shaz x

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours,

Thank you for playing along with my sketch for Sketch N Stash this fortnight

Michelle x

Paola ♥ said...

Wow, absolutely stunning!!

Hugs
Paola

Karen Hasheck said...

What a beautiful card for our Things with Wings challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink. Hope to see you back again soon.

Helen said...

Wow, stunning card. Good luck with the DT call x

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful colors and details! Love the inside too~! Thanks for joining us at RRR for the Spring with Ribbon challenge! Good luck with the DT call~!

Chrizette said...

Congratulations! I knew you were sure to be chosen! Can't wait to see what you design for them!

Celestial Things

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Wunder,wunderschön, gefällt mir sehr gut, ein ganz tolle Gestaltung!

Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde

Einen ganz lieben Gruß von Andrea

Paper Creations Ink said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that you have a wonderful week!