Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Day! Sketch Saturday Challenge #198 -Sponsored By Simon Says Stamp!!


I'm so so so late ahhh! I've had such a hectic week with Doctors appointments for all the kiddos, everyone being sick and also a couple ER trips for one of the boys with an ear infection. Everyone is feeling a little better today including the one with ear infection thankfully! Hoping next week will be a bit slower and this nasty cold will go away!

Anyways...we have a new challenge for you this week at "Sketch Saturday"! And if the wonderful Saturday DT girls didn't inspire you enough already with their amazing creations...here is a little more inspiration from me with my late, late entry...



Here is Jo's awesome sketch which I flipped on it's side!


And this week we are sponsored by our friends at "Simon Says Stamp"!


And this weeks prize as always is a very generous $25 gift certificate...


which will be awarded to one very lucky winner!!


I purchased a few magnolia stamps a couple years ago and never got around to using them...I know...I'm a craft hoarder, LOL! I was inspired to break them out and finally get them inked up and colored in because a blogging buddy of mine "Cor*" just started on a brand new Magnolia Challenge DT called "Midweek Magnolias"! Looked like fun and I figured if I actually start using the very few Magnolia stamps I have and may have a chance at winning some more!! :)~


The  adorable little Tilda I used for my card today is called "Sweet Tilda" and can be found here. The sentiment is from "MFT" along with the coordinating label die that I used for the end of the tag!

All flowers, pearls and the crystal stem are from "WOC"! The gorgeous sparkling pink and green fabric bauble are from the "Recollections" brand of embellishments. I sparkled the flowers and the image very lightly with Stickles...which I'm proud of cause I usually go a little crazy with that stuff...lol!


While looking for Magnolia challenges to play along with, I also came across "Magnolia-Licious Highlites" and their theme this month is to make a card that 'Moves and Grooves'. So I kept that in mind while stitching the middle panel together to leave a space for a tag to be slipped in and out of the side! I think it turned out really cute! I decided not to make this a traditional folded card, since I added the tag which both the front and back can be used for a personal message. So my card has no inside today! I guess you could call it a card topper? lol.


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #198"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Magnolia Stamps -"Sweet Tilda" Stamped Image and the sentiment is from "My Favorite Things"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: All flowers, Stamens, crystal stem and flat back pearls are from "WOC", other bauble embellishments are from "Recollections" brand and white satin ruffle ribbon
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals Nesties Dies, EkSuccess butterfly punch, Magnolia Doohickey Border die, MFT label die and sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles glitter glue and 3D dimensional foam

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Magnolia-Licious Highlites -"Something That Moves and Grooves"
Allsorts Challenge -"Say It With Flowers"

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!
 

21 comments:

brenda said...

Your card is so pretty Tracey, lovely work.

Thanks so much for joining in our Say it with Flowers theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

I think you card would also fit our Springtime theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More

B x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Tracey this is absolutely beautiful! judy x

Joann Burton said...

Tracey, Just when I think you can't top the last card then you go and do it. This card is beautiful. So much work and embellishments. Just wonderful hun...I love all of your work on the card. joann sassy raggedy

Cor* said...

TRACEY!! You made it! You did it! A ph-antastic Tilda-licisous creation! with a wee hidden sentiment tag in there! And of course and awesome awesome sketch (have I seen it before ) BWAHAAH!! Of course, I made a card for my GDT spot! Goodness gracious girl! I sure hope you can play more often with our challenge. Thanks for joining us at our very FIRST Midweek Magnolia Challenge! Good luck!

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a beauty, Tracey. Stunning colouring, lovely design and your flowers are gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley

coops said...

wow fantastic card tracey.the tilda is so sweet and i love your beautoful colours and details :D


xx coops xx

Jen said...

So Gorgeous Tracey... Well Worth the wait

How do you get your sewing so perfect when going round shapes...

Jen xxx

Paola ♥ said...

Wow your card is beautiful!
Love the colours and all the details.

Hugs
Paola ♥

Lou said...

WOW Just found your blog, (via Sketch Saturday) your colouring is amazing and i love how you include the copics you have used it helps us wanna be colourer's (lol). This is one of my favourite Tilda's and i just adore your flower arrangement. I know i will be visiting you a lot now hope your having a great weekend, Lou xxx

Steph said...

OMG! That's all I can say!!!!!!!!! x

Alyce said...

Tracey this is just so lovely! Love your colouring and all of the sweet details :)

Samantha said...

Tracey another super cute awesome card with sooooo much detail! I LOVE it you have just enough time to enter this one into Top Tip Tuesday stitching challenge it closes at 6pm UK time today!! LOve to see you there... that is if you have not entered 3 projects already! thehehee Hugs Samantha :0)

Donna Mosley said...

Oh! crikey Tracey, you have been kept busy hun. Hope the kids are all ok now. This card? one word.... Incredible!!!! Your colouring is stunning which totally matches your design & details. Ooh! I love it! :o)

Donna x

Rebekah said...

Wow Tracey I love this! I so want to get stuck into some Kraft card stock again! I love how Cor got you into the maggies too cos she did me for this midweek challenge lol! I love all of this hugs Rebekah xx

Suzi said...

Wohoo!!! Tracey, so lovely to see you join us over at Midweek Magnolias. Your card is stunning my dear and a joy to look at. Love it to bits.
Hugs
Suzi x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

What a stunning card the slide out tag is fab and your colouring is so lovely...

Thanks for joining in our 'say it with flowers' challenge at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Samantha said...

Just me again... Popping back to tell you that there is something for you on my blog xxx hugs me x

Vicky said...

This is soooooooooo gorgeous sweetie & in 1 of my fave colours love your stitching your Tilda looks fantastic hun. Hope everyone is feeling better now hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mummylade said...

wonderful work Tracy! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Tracey Brossart said...

Thanks so much Samantha! I will stop by your blog! Thanks for leaving me such sweet comments on mine! :D
Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Candy said...

Tracy,
Another BEAUTIFUL card!! Your work is fantastic. I am just checking out everything I can :o)
You sure can colour and decorate the Magnolia's!!
I have just signed up for your blog :o)
Big hugs, Candy