Saturday, March 3, 2012

You Inspire Me! -Sketch Saturday Challenge #197 -Sponsored By Saturated Canary!!


Happy crafty weekend all! 
I hoping to get lots of crafty stuff done this week since hubs has both days off and we have absolutely nothing planned! So it's going to be a fun relaxing crafty weekend for me...or I hope!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so excited to be hosting this weeks challenge at Sketch Saturday...my first time ever since becoming one of the Saturday Girls! One week a month Jo gets a little break and one of us girls step in to try our hand at designing a sketch for you all to play along with! We also get to find our own sponsor and I have got an amazing one for you this week!


Here my sketch! 
Hope you all like it?? :D


And have you guessed who our sponsor could be??? Yes! Krista from "Saturated Canary" will be offering one lucky winner their choice of 2 digis from her shop!! 


Her images are amazing, she is one very talented lady! I was so thrilled Krista agreed to sponsor my DT week!! If you haven't had the chance to play with her images yet, you are definitely missing out!! 
Sending a big thank you and big hugs your way Krista!

And not only that, but Cor* from "FancyFree4Ever" has agreed to be our GDT for the whole month of March!! She is also one very talented lady! So be sure to stop by hers and the Saturday Girls blogs for some amazing inspiration!


Krista was so very generous and offered all the Saturday girls a freebie of their choice to play with this week! And I chose "Penny Ragamuffin"!! Isn't she sweet?!!


No sparkles, bling or glitter this time around! I know...I must be crazy?...lol. I thought it looked best left all natural to match the chosen DP! I embossed the piece behind Penny with my Floral Screen Cuttlebug embossing folder...not sure if the pics really capture it or not?


This stunning handmade flower was not made by me sadly...but made by a lovely crafter over at Etsy! Her shop is called "ABespokeTouch" and she has a gorgeous assortment of the blooms to choose from!

The inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 x 5.5
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #197"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Saturated Canary -"Penny, A Ragamuffin" Digi Stamp Imageand the sentiment is a clear stamp from "Hero Arts"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Burnt orange glass dew drop pebbles and flower from "ABespokeTouch"
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Floral Screen embossing folder, Spellbinders Circles & Scalloped Cirlces Nesties Dies, Martha Stewart Circle Cutter, "MFT" Die-namics Award Ribbon Die and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D square dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Cleary Inspired -"Anything"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
Emerald Faeries -"Embossing Wet/Dry"
Wags 'N Whiskers -"Spring"

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!

30 comments:

vickisunshine said...

Love it! Great colours. Great sketch too.
Hugs
Vicki x

Rebekah said...

This is totally stunning Tracey I love those colours sweetie! Hugs Rebekah xx

riliska said...

Very bright job! Love this image! the card is fantastic!!!

Faye said...

Not only is your sketch just completely fab (so sorry I've missed it) but this card is just perfection to me. I LOVE everything on it. Everything. xxx

coops said...

ooooo love this tracey.fantastic colours and papers and the sc image is so gorgeous.gotta play along with your sketch this week, its fab :D

xx coops xx

Del said...

Fabulous card, the sketch is fantastic and I love the colours and DP you've used. That flower is beautiful too xx

Steph said...

Tracey, YOU inspire me!!! Yet another stunner, I was always sigh in wonderment at your cards and this one is no exception!! Gorgeous colours!! x

Jo said...

Indeedy! You inspire all of us! what a totally awesome card and I just know everyone is gonna enjoy your sketch as much as us girlies did.
Have a great weekend hunni
Jo xx

SusanLotus said...

Fabulous card! I really like it and the sketch.
Have a nice weekend!

Linda said...

OH Tracey, this is simply gorgeous.. I love the sketch and the papers are wonderful..And I love the way you have colored Penny.. Fantastic work!! Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Tina said...

i love the colors and details...very pretty

Tina

Hanneke said...

Wow, wonderful card! Love your style and this cute image and great colors! Hugs, Hanneke

Tammy Ortiz said...

Tracy so glad to hear about the distress inks. I wanted to order them but really waited. I guess I will order some now.
Hugs Tammy

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Sooo precious! Love the polka dots :O) Hugs! Leah Ann

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, i love the sewing details and all the layers of this card! so so pretty!

downrightcrafty said...

this is totally gorgeous and perfect for embossing our challenge at the Emerald Faerie Garden, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy on offer and a software giveaway if you are interested :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is a lovely sketch and a lovely card! Fab colouring, great papers, perfect stitching, pretty flower. It's the whole package. Hugs, Lesley

Becky said...

Great sketch and I love your card, perfect.
Becky x

Annie Rose said...

This card is gorgeous! :)

Nina said...

Love your "retro" colors and beautiful details !
:-) Nina

pinky said...

I just love this gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Julie said...

Wow, stunning work, Tracey - the layout is fab and love the mix of papers! As for your perfect colouring of this little beauty ....speechless!! Juliex

Crafty Math Chick said...

Love the rich colors Tracey! Thanks for joining us at the Wags 'n Whiskers challenge!

SJ Fox said...

Прекрасная открытка! Замечательные цвета! Несмотря на то, что в ней не лоска (как ты любишь) - она очень богато выглядит. И Пенни - чудо ) Люблю твои раскрашенные картинки )

Tracey Manderson said...

As always, an amazing card Trace!!! soooo love the colours and well everything!! Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden, good luck and hope to see you next time.
Hugs
Tracey

Lizy said...

This is just gorgeous Tracey! And I have to say, your sketch is one of the best I have ever worked with! I was a bit scared when I first saw it lol, especially when I realised I had chosen a boy image for it, but I totally loved it in the end! Thanks hun! :)
Lizy xx

Paola ♥ said...

Hi Tracey,

this is totally gorgeous and perfect.
I love it!

Hugs
Paola ♥

Samantha said...

Another AWESOME card hunny! love the colours and again Beautifully Coloured too!
You could enter this one at Top Tip Tuesday too! WINK!!!! head over asap! hugs Samantha :0)

Stacy said...

Lovely card! This is such a cute image, and I love love love your stiching! Thanks for the amazing sketch, it is going in favorites folder to use again later!

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x