Friday, April 20, 2012

Guest Design Card for Make It Crafty -Copper Colored Metal Challenge!


It's Friday...Friday...anyone else ever get that song stuck in there heads on Fridays?....Hope I'm not the only one...LOL! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday in anticipation of a great weekend! No fun for me though this weekend as I will helping hubs get caught up on his school work...oy....

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

Anyways, I have a special project to share today! Tracy from Craftezee once again asked me to GD for Make It Crafty challenges and I definitely couldn't pass up the chance to play with these stunning images! I was amazed she even considered me because the whole team has some outstanding and very talented color artists already! :)

This weeks challenge theme is "Copper Colored Metal"...a bit challenging and intimidating at first thought until I found the perfect image in the Make It Crafty shop to use!


I tried to keep my card a little plain and simple to show off more of the coloring this time, since after all this is a coloring challenge! The other awesome part about the Make it Crafty challenges is you don't even have to have a completed card or project to submit...you can submit just a pic of your fab coloring! How fun is that?!


The image I used for my card can be found in the Make It Crafty shop HERE!


Copper Metal Flowers: E11, E13, E15 & E18
Metal Leaves: BG90, BG93 & BG96
Metal Stems, Cogs & Bolts: NO, N2 & N4
Natural Leaves: YG91, YG93 & YG97
Dirt and Rocks: E40, E42 & E44

I did color a sky...but it's not noticeable in the pic...lol. I used W00 and went over it with B0000 to give the sky a watercolor effect.


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 4 x 4.25
IMAGE: Make it Crafty -"Metallic Flowers"
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flat back adhesive pearls from "WOC" and copper brads from stash
TOOLS: Recollection border punch and Sewing machine

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Cute Card Thursday -"Metallica"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
Wags n' Whiskers -"Anything Goes"
Fairy Fun Fridays -"Anything With Flowers"
Make it Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Crafty Sentiments Monthly -"Spring Creations"
Oozak -"Anything Goes"
Crafty Sentiments -"Use a Digi"
The Stamping Boutique -"Anything Goes"

Thanks so much for stopping by!! 
Happy Crafting!!

22 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Tracey,love the image.xxx

Jac said...

Super card, fab image and wonderful colouring, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Crafteezee said...

Woweeeee Tracey, how can you make a simple card look so absolutely stunning? Thank you for guesting for us, you made the challenge look sooooo easy.
Hugs Tracy x

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Tracey, love your amazing colouring.

Donna x

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the colours and the stitching....

Rebekah said...

This is so cool tracey love the image and your stunning colouring! Thanks also for joining us at crafty sentiments hugs Rebekah xx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Tracy you are amazing. The artistry of this card is superb

Chrissy said...

Fabulous image Tracey, and your colouring is amazing, just beautiful.Love the stitching...gorgeous card..
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Joann Burton said...

Oh Tracey I can see why they asked you to be their Guest Designer. This card is the reason why. It is beautiful. I love the stitching. All I can say is wow, great job. joann sassy raggedy

Faye said...

My pooter just crashed so I don't know if my comment made it through or not. Fab colouring on this gorgeous card Hun. xx

sarah's little snippets said...

Gorgeous Tracey! your colouring is fab :) Love the image. Sarah
Spotted it on MIM

coops said...

wow this is fantastic tracey.really love your colouring of the stunning image :D

xx coops xx

Lisa M said...

GASP! How cool is this?? SOOO Cool!! You absolutely DID pick the perfect image for this challenge. That is the neatest thing. Love your metal coloring on these and it goes without saying that your trademark handywork is ALWAYS stunning with the stitching and tiny details inside and out. Just WONDERFUL Tracey. OMG..I'm giddy over this. :)

Thank you so much for linking up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Tracey, This is so gorgeous. I can't make up my mind what it is...the colours? the stamp? the Layout? I guess it's all three....LOL totally beautiful work, really eyecatching.

I saw your link on MIM, I'm number 162 this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fabulous image! Beautiful colour work! Love your frilly edge and pearls. I'm on holiday at the moment and I'm struggling to keep up with my blog commenting but I am looking and admiring even if I don't have time to stop each time. Hugs, Lesley

Chrissy said...

And...
Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs monthly challenge..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, the stitching looks fab and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers this fortnight, good luck! Pami x

Julia said...

Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining The Stamping Boutique.
Hugs,
Julia

Alyce said...

Gorgeous Tracy! Love the colouring on these metal flowers, and a great layout for your card :) Great to have you over at Make it Crafty! :D

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

anaRy said...

That is super darling!
Thank you soo much for sharing your project with us at Oozak's blog!
x
anaRy

Hank hendricks said...

like the way you make a simple card look beautiful...I do something alike with Metal business cards.