Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Huggabug! Top Tip Tuesday -Spotty Dotty Challenge! My Card as Guest Designer!


Goodmorning!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! The weather here actually played nice on Sunday and allowed us to have an Easter egg hunt for the boys outside...for the first time in 2 years...lol! We also celebrated my birthday on Easter too...my birthday usually ends up falling on Easter almost every year. It was the BIG 30...and not really sure how I feel about turning 30 yet?...lol. Nothing really special since there was still so much excitement with Easter, but my boys did help daddy pick me out a cake and I got a few pressies, so it was a fun day!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, I'm happy to be back as guest designer once again for the Top Tip Tuesday challenge this week! And the theme this week is "Spotty Dotty"! I love anything to do with polka dots or spots...so I went a little crazy...lol!


And since the main focus of Top Tip Tuesday is to have few tips to share...here are a couple more tips from me:

Tip #3: When adding stitching to a project...make sure to never add adhesive or glue in the area to be stitched. This will make for straighter lines and flawless stitching. And to finish off cleanly, pull your strings towards the back and secure with a small piece of tape.
Tip #4: Using lace or frilly ribbon to edge panels instead of a border punch and cardstock adds more dimension to your project.

The wonderful sponsors this week are...


and



I used some more of that glittery cardstock! Not sure if you can tell...but the panels behind the image have been embossed with even more polkadots!

And I have used another super adorable Tiddly Inks image today! This one is called "Little Bugg" and can be found HERE! I've added some spots to make it look like a ladybug with my Prisma fine liner pen and sparkled up the wings with Stickles!


Side view showing the dimension...


The inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 x 6
LAYOUT: Sketches By Carly -"Sketch #53"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Tiddly Inks -"Little Bugg" digi stamp and sentiment is a computer text print out
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Jet black acrylic pebbles from stash, frilly black satin ribbon and polka dots grosgrain ribbon
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Circles and Scalloped Circles Nesties dies, Stampin' Up Window Punch, EkSuccess butterfly punch, Polka dot embossing folder and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles and 3D dimensional foam

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sketches By Carly -"Sketch #53"
Bunny Zoe's Crafts -"Ribbon or Twine"
Incy Wincy Designs -"Cute Critters"
Make It Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Paper Pretties -"Lots Of Layers"
There She Goes -"Ribbon"
The Squirrel and The Fox -"Things With Wings"
Catch The Bug -"Anything Goes"

Thanks so much for stopping by!! 
Happy Crafting!!

18 comments:

sarah's little snippets said...

A super card ~ so cute! LOVE the stitching :) Sarah x
Spotted it over at MIM

:: BlueInks :: said...

How cute is this card? Oh my goodness. The colors, layers and layout are just perfect. A work of art! It caught my eye at MIM.

Rene said...

Oh my gosh this is SO CUTE!!!!!! I love it! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at the second-prize drawing!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Samantha said...

Fabulous Card hunny I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and if it doesn't have a home well YOU need my address?? tehehhehe :0) Fabulous to have you joining us as a Guest Designer on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge again and thanks for sharing MORE awesome Tips! hugs Samantha :0)

Kelly L said...

This is ons GORGEOUS card! I love the image, the colors and especially how the glittery accents and stitching really make it pop. Great take on the Sketch by Carly. Thanks for joining us this week! Hugs, Kelly

Jerusha said...

Wow, this card is amazing. Love the glitter! Your colouring is awesome and that ladybug is super sweet! What a sweet card! Thank you so much for joining us at Sketches by Carly! I hope you will come again on Friday for a new sketch to play with!

Amy said...

This is adorable!!!! Love the coloring, love the sketch, love the papers!!!! love, love, love!! Thanks for joining Bugaboo at Catch the Bug!!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Margreet said...

Hi Tracey....gorgeous card with that lovely ladybug (fab coloured)...love the glitter...thanks for playing with Carly's sketch!
xxx Margreet

Karen said...

Such a wonderful image and coloured to perfection!!
Great stitching on your card too - wow!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.


Candace said...

Oh wow, I LOVE this! Soooo cute! Great color combo and adorable image! Thanks for joining us this week at There She Goes!

coops said...

aw so sweet tracey.gorgeous image and the black and red combo is stunning ;D
Happy Belated 30th Birthday too :D
i hope you had a great day, my next big one is 40!! lol

xx coops xx

Katherine said...

Wow! I'm loving all the layers and the image and the patterns and the sparkle! Stunning creation! Found you on MIM and just had to come take a closer look.
Hugs,
Katherine xx

1CardCreator said...

This is adorable. So glad I saw you at Make It Monday. ~Diane (I am # 103)and your newest follower.

Alyce said...

Love the gorgeous tones Tracey! This is just stunning :)

Alyce said...

Oops saw you over at Make it Monday ! :)

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card. I love the glitter. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.
Nikki F x

Mina said...

fantastic colour combo Tracey, I love her spotted cheeks...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx