Saturday, April 7, 2012

May Your Birthday Be Filled With The Gift Of Love! Sketch Saturday #202 -Paula's DT week! Sponsored by Tiddly Inks!!


OOooohh boy, it feels so good to relax! This is the first time I've been able to sit down and enjoy my day since Wednesday night! I opted for cappuccino this morning...it's the English Toffee flavor from Hill Bros....if you haven't tried it, you NEED to!! Oh so good...lol! And I'm being really bad and munching on a caramel and almond Biscotti too...are you drooling yet?!

I had been ooober stressed for the last 2 days! It started Wednesday afternoon when we got a 24 hour notice from our landlord that he would be coming to inspect the house on Friday. While I usually keep the house pretty clean...it wasn't at all 100% or ready for an inspection! And I had no idea what he would be looking at! So I scoured the whole house from head to toe, room from room and closet to cupboard! I even went through and spot cleaned all the carpets and repainted the walls with touch up...specially where the little one decided to use it as his color palette! And then had to keep it clean until he came...which was not an easy task with the 3 boys running around!

So, you will not guess what happened?? He came, he saw and he left, that was it! He was here for maybe not even 5 minutes and said "yep, everything looks good here, have a nice day". He barely looked at anything! He walked through the house quickly, through the rooms and halls and that was it. He told us this was a routine inspection and he was just making sure the plumbing was working. Ummmm ok?...but he didn't even check the plumbing, weirdo! Hubs said he thinks he may have been checking just to make sure we were following the rules and don't have a pet. I don't know...but I was seething, not to mention super sore, ohh really sore...lol. I literally passed out last night and slept like you wouldn't believe!

Ahh well...on the bright side, at least I now have my Spring cleaning done! The only thing we didn't get to was the weeding. We'll get to it when the weather is better...that's my story and I'm sticking to it...lol!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

So anyways...that's also why my post for Sketch Saturday is a little late today. I usually schedule my posts before hand...but I didn't even get a chance to make a card until he left yesterday! It was a miracle, I had the brain to be able to whip this up...lol! And I'm actually happy with it! I welcomed the sight of my craft room and yummy paper and tools...so relaxing...lol!

This week Jo is taking a well needed break and handed the reins off to Paula who made us an awesome sketch to play with! And the whole DT really rocked it out!


Here's Paula's fabulous sketch:


This week we are so lucky to be sponsored by the wonderful Tiddly Inks 


Tiddly Inks offers cute digital stamps created by children's illustrator Christy Croll. You'll find something for everyone for all occasions and they are so much fun to color too!!
Christy has kindly offered a $10 gift certificate for one lucky winner!!
What are you waiting for??
 I haven't done a really bright and colorful card in such a long time! I love the chance at breaking out my buttons and glittery textured cardstock!! This sketch definitely called for cuteness and buttons!


 We all know where the adorable image cam from!! I hadn't shopped at Tiddly Inks in so long ever since I bought her little fairy bugs awhile back! I figured using a Tiddly Inks image would be fitting since Christy is generously sponsoring us this week! And boy does she have a ton of new cuties!! I went a little crazy and nearly bought out the whole store...or so I tried...lol. Had to put some back but not before keeping more than a few cuties in my cart! You can say, you will be seeing a lot more Tiddly Inks cards from me!

The image I'm using today is called "Wryn Birthday Girl" and can be found HERE! And you know how I love sentiments...she came with this adorable matching sentiment here...
And the yummy buttons...I luuurve buttons as equally as I love "WOC" flowers and Stickles!


I used those adorable little gifts from the sentiment, cut them out and added them to the inside...thought it looked cute, lol!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #202"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Tiddly Inks -"Wryn Birthday Girl" digi stamp and matching sentiment
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: "Button Bonanza" buttons and clear acrylic pebbles from stash
TOOLS: Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles and 3D dimensional foam

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 
CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Tiddly Inks Challenge -"Birthday Bash"
Totally Papercrafts - "Bingo (Pink, Lilac & Blue)"
 
Fairy Fun Fridays -"Anything Goes"
The Poodles Parlour -"Spotty Dotty"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
Divas By Design -"Anything Goes"
Just Keep On Creating -"Anything Goes"
Alota Rubber Stamps -"Birthdays"
Oozak -"Anything Goes" 
Catch The Bug -"Anything Goes"


Thanks so much for stopping by!! 
Happy Crafting!!

14 comments:

lulucker said...

Tracey
A real bummer from the landlord but if you hadn't of cleaned I bet you'd be in trouble now! but you know go easy on yourself, kids will be kids and they are meant to do what they do! lol! if only i could take some of my own advice i wouldn't be so stressed.
Your card is wonderful, off to have a look at the sentiments, they are cute!
Lu xx

Loopylou. said...

huyah Tracey!
oh hun this is gorgeous and the sketch is really cool!
love the little popped out pressies on the sentiment
thank you for getting tiddly with us this week :0
hugs Lou xxx

Biggan said...

This is so outstanding!! Lovely colors and design! Thanks for joining us at Alota Rubberstamps challenge!

Hugs
Birgit

suzARTe said...

Tracey,
this card is just awesome. I love the beautifully coloured main image, the papers and all the other embellishments look just perect on the card. A very bright and happy card that you should be extremely happy with.

On the bright side you got all your cleaning done. I would also be seething if such a quick inspection was done after you put so much effort into making the place look perfect.

Thanks so much for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along.

Hope you had a lovely Easter :)

Margreet said...

Hi Tracey....what a gorgeous creation with beautiful colouring and fab details...thanks for both joining the Divas and FFF....hope to see you next week again!
xxx Margreet

Molecraft said...

Wow, what a fabulous card, love the colours and such a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Divas and good luck!
Helen x

Chelsea said...

Wow! Great photos Tracey! Every detail is so clear and crisp! Such a sweet image, Love it!

Enjoy your day!
Hugs.

Mel said...

This is fabulous, love your papers and buttons. Thank you for joining us at OOzak's first challenge :)

Arabella said...

This is so pretty Tracey and the colours are gorgeous! I love what you have done with the sketch! Fabulous colouring too!

Thanks so much for joining in the Birthday Bash challenge at Tiddly Inks!

Arabella

Kelly said...

Amazing coloring and layering. I just love your blog! Hugs, Kelly xxx

Lizy said...

Oh Tracey this is so, so gorgeous! I totally love the colour combo! :)
Lizy xx

Tammy Miller said...

Wow I just love your project! Thanks so much for joining our April Anything Goes at Catch the bug!
I hope you will join us again!

Joann Burton said...

Oh so bright and cute. Love the buttons and the layout. Just great...joann sassy raggedy

Deb said...

Gorgeous Tracey, love how you popped her up and those buttons are fabulous, thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Prairie Fairy Fridays
Debs
xxx