Thursday, October 11, 2012

Look Walker!!....or Skater?!


Morning all...well it's actually around 1:30 am as I type this...can't sleep. 
My sinus infection has gotten better, although I can't sleep, at least I can breath a little better...and I never thought I would enjoy blowing my nose so much...lol! I couldn't do that a few days ago!

I have another Halloween card to share...this one a little more spooky! Me being a HUGE fan of the show "Walking Dead", I just had to get Krista's zombie skater girl!! And I absolutely love the sentiment she made to go with the image! For all you zombie fans...make sure to mark your calenders for Oct. 14th..."Walking Dead" returns!!! Oh I can't wait!! I don't have cable anymore...but believe me, I WILL find some way to watch it...lol!
 
Walker!!....nah, just an adorable skater!! :P~
 
 
I'm never really thrilled with the way my holiday themed cards turn out...usually do to a lack of supplies on hand. But I have to say, I think this might be my favorite!! I really love the way this one turned out!


I couldn't help myself...I just had to add some googly eyes. When I was putting them on, my little one walked in and was like "Ahhh! She is creepy Mama!" lol!

You can find the image in Krista's shop Saturated Canary...she is called "Rollerskating Zombie" and can be found HERE.


I bought this glittery paper awhile back from DCWV and finally found the perfect card to use it on! I contained myself and didn't add glitter to the image...but I always have to have glitter somewhere...lol!! Love the glittery ribbon too!

The sentiment came with the image, I love that Krista is creating sentiments now to go with her awesome digis! I thought it looked a little plain on it's own though, so I created one of my ticket shapes in Illustrator to frame it! The staples were an after thought...first time using staples on a card I might add!


Added some more of that cheesecloth on the inside too...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Saturated Canary -"Rollerskating Zombie"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers and Image stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Background is sponged with Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade Tim Holtz Distress Ink
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is Colorbok, DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Sparkly black ribbon, faux rhinestones, fibers string, brads, buttons and cheesecloth from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals Dies, "MFT" Cloud trio die, "Whimsy Stamps" ticket die, stapler and Sewing machine
OTHER: "Studio G" bat stamp and 3d Dimensionals

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge -"Dies and/or Punches"
Crafting For All Seasons -"Costumes/Dress-up"
Crafts and Me -"Anything Goes"
Divas By Design -"Anything Goes"
Paper Pretties -"Halloween Cards"
Stampavie and More -"Halloween"
Whimsy Inspiration -"All Things Sparkly"
Can You Digi It -"Creepy and Kooky"
Clear it Out -"Anything Goes using Orange, Purple or Black"
Crafty Sentiments -"Anything Goes"
Deep Ocean Challenge -"Anything Goes"
Through The Craftroom Door -"Always anything Goes"
Make it Monday -"Always anything Goes"

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!!!
 

28 comments:

heidy said...

Fabolous fun card Tracey,hope your a sleep while I'm typing this lol!!!
XXX Heidy

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!!! this is wonderful Tracey. That image is fabulous and your colouring is amazing. I love the papers and embellishments too.
I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Sue

sarah-Jane said...

Fantastic card,I love it! The image is fab, love her green skin and googly eyes.
Sarah-Jane xx

Sandy Trefger said...

Awesome card! That Zombie Skater is adorable if you can say that about a Zombie. Ha, Ha. Love her eyes. Thanks for joining us on the Clear It Out Challenge!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card!! Love that image, your fab coloring and the googly eyes!! Very cool!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

catherine said...

This is a beautiful card and thankyou so much for joining in with our challenge this week at MMCS. Hope to see you again
x catherine

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is FABULOUS!!!! Love your card a lot!!!! Whomever receives it will be oh so Thrilled!!!! awe.....I hear the Thriller song coming on.....lol!!!!
hugs, Heidi

Lelia Pierce said...

EEEEEK! What an awesome card! I absolutely adore it! Her googly eyes are perfection! Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge at the Can You Digi It? blog this week!

XXX

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous, love everything about it ...Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

coops said...

oh wow she is fantastic tracey and i love how your coloured her up and her fab googly eyes are brilliant ;D

xx coops xx

Danni said...

This made me giggle! Fun card!

Joann Burton said...

Wonderful Wonderful card. I love the colors. Your coloring is outstanding. Great job. joann sassy raggedy

Elaine said...

Hi Tracey O My Goodness what a fantastic card and so beautifully coloured ( Love the Googly Eyes ) well done Thank you for joining us at The Crafting For All Seasons Challenge this time . Good Luck Hugs Elaine

KathyW said...

What a great card. I love the colors and the layout. The googly eyes are a perfect touch. I'm impressed at the number of contests you have been able to submit this one card to.

KathyW said...

What a great card. I love the colors and the layout. The googly eyes are a perfect touch. I'm impressed at the number of contests you have been able to submit this one card to.

Tanya said...

Fantastic card, I love your colouring and the SC image is fabulous :)

Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge Blog :)

Tanya xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Gorgeous image Tracey - Love your colour work! Fab design! Hugs, Lesley

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous project - Thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week for our anything goes challenge
Lisa x

Corrinne Quinn said...

Gorgeous & stunning! Thank you for sharing this with us at Clear It out Challenges!

I invite you to join me at the ANYTHING GOES challenge here:
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/10/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-2.html

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Tracey, wonderful colouring, love the image and fabulous design.
The googly eyes looks great, love all the card details...fabulous..

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx

Gaynor said...

Wonderful card, this is absolutely stunning, I am a big fan of googly eyes myself lol, love the colours and your layout, thanks for joining our challenge at My mum's craft shop, Gaynor xx

nwilliams6 said...

So pretty! Love how she looks like she is skating in the sky. She is cute and your card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It?

Carol said...

Love this Tracey, the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Jan Ltc said...

This is gorgeous thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

Noelle said...

Love this little "ghouly" Just a gorgeous card! So glad you joined us at Can You Digi It? :)

jonim52 said...

Awesome coloring. This is a fabulous creation. Cute images. Thanks you joining us at CYDI?

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love your colours too hugs Pops x x x

Patricia Garcia said...

She is adorable....Love the green skin!!

Hugs,
Patricia