Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Merry Christmas To You!


Good Wednesday morning everyone!
I can't believe how fast time has been flying by! It seems like I'm always busy with something and sometimes find it so hard to find time to fit crafting into my schedule. I hope you all had a great Halloween! My kiddos had a blast as always and came home with a major haul of candy of which most of the chocolate went to me...LOL. My boys actually aren't big fans of chocolate so yay for me! One thing I'm happy about...I don't know about all you, but the this election is finally over!! It's been kinda disheartening to see all the bickering back and forth between friends on Facebook. Hopefully things will get back to normal now...lol.

Anyways, I've been coloring up a storm for the past week and will have lots of Christmas cards to share in the coming week starting with this one today! I think I may be a little crazy too, because I've been making duplicates as I go along so I can have some on hand to put in my shop as well as sending to loved ones! :)~

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

I went with an UN-traditional color scheme this time...love the DP!


I just love this Tilda stamp, probably my fav out of my little collection I have...lol! I don't own any Magnolia Christmas themed stamps but I was in a Tilda mood...so I used what I had. I think this stamp could be used for many things including Christmas! :)


I've been playing with my Copics and this is the first time I've tried the pleated technique on the dress. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and glad I didn't have a waste bin full of scraps because I hate wasting ink...lol. I also learned I can add a little BV00 for more depth and shading. It works out really well and I found it actually makes the blending go a little more smoothly with E11 for skin.


I still have a bunch of these large snowflake ornaments left over from last year, so I've been using them for my cards as I don't really have holiday themed embellishments on hand...lol. I wish I knew where everyone was getting their smaller ones though cause I would prefer to use the smaller ones compared to these big honkers! :)~

I do have some cute little snowflake buttons though...I just cut the backs off of them. I embossed the sentiment...not sure if you can capture it in the picture?


I went with a simple inside but added some more of cute matching DP for the writing space! 


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: The Sketchy Challenges -"Sketch #35"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Magnolia Stamps "Tilda Blowing Bubbles" and sentiment is from StudioG
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers, white opaque pen (highlights)
PAPERS: All cardstock matting and DP is from DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS:  All embellishments including snowflake ornament, lace and satin ribbon, snowflake buttons from stash. Silver filigree corner from "WOC" and iRock jewels
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, iRock gem setting tool, EZ Bow Maker and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stardust and Icicle Stickles and 3d Dimensional Foam
~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
The Sketchy Challenges - "Sketch #35"
 Anything Challenge - "Anything Goes"
Bearly-Mine - "Anything Goes"
Loves Rubber Stamps -"Anything Goes"
Papertake Weekly - "Anything Goes" 
Sweet Stamps -"Christmas"
Through The Craftroom Door -"Anything Goes"
Hooked on Crafts -"Christmas no red/green"
Kaboodle Doodles -"Anything Goes"
Make it Monday - "Always Anything Goes"
Ooh La La Creations -"Christmas"
Tilda's Town - "Winter Weather"
Pile it On -"Make it Sparkle"


Thanks so much for stopping by 
and Happy Crafting!!

22 comments:

lalkygirl said...

wow what a stunner tracey .love the colours and your image is just beautifully coloured
thanks for joining us at MIM nd good luck
tracey x

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning the image is beautifully coloured and the layout is gorgeous. I love the colours you have used. Caroline xxx

Cheryl said...

This is just as sweet as it can be! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is stunning Tracey. I love the sweet Tilda blowing bubbles and your colouring is soooo beautiful. The papers and details are all gorgeous too.

Sue

heidy said...

OM this is so beautiful Tracey!!
Thanks for joining the Sketchy challenge!!
XXX Heidy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Divine colour work, Tracey! And lots of super layers. Your stitching is immaculate! A gorgeous card! hugs, Lesley

coops said...

wow this is fantastic tracey.your colouring is amazing and i love your sweet tilda and sparkle :D

xx coops xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful. Love the fabulous card design and all those yummy details with this adorable image. The colors are so great. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Tamie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW FACTOR!! You should totally frame this work of art! The papers, layout, and oh my gosh the image are out of this world amazing! Elegant and stunning with all of the extra details. Sure glad I saw it over at MIM and that I hopped on over to take a closer peek!

Tamie Camp

mae said...

Beautiful card and lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week.
Hugs,
Mae

Teresa said...

This is absolutely stunning Tracey, superb colouring and a great colour combination. Really love it! Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town. Teresa xx

Kathleen said...

Absolutely stunning Tracey, your colouring is just amazing. Simply beautiful
Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town
Hugs
Kat xx

Tina Makuc said...

I looooove this card Tracey!!!
The papers, stitching and all the other details are amazing and your colouring is breathtaking!!!
Thanks for playing with us at Tilda's Town this week..
Good luck in the draw..
Hugs, Tina

Sashika Taylor said...

Wow! This is such a lovely card... Fantastic colouring!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG this is absolutely stunning, wow, the image of Tilda is amazing the colours are so bright and vibrant, the papers, layers and colours all look awesome, excellent card, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week
hugs
lorraine x

Denise said...

This is such a beautiful card love everything about it Hugs Denise xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a stunning card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Joann Burton said...

Beautiful Card. I love the colors. joann sassy raggedy

Laura Love said...

WOWZERS!! This is stunning! Your coloring and those papers are gorgeous! You did an amazing job with that sketch layout! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours, design and attention to detail. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desire {Doing Life - my personal blog}

dragonfly crafter said...

really lovely. loving the glitter, layers, metal corner and stitching. basically love it! saw u on m.i.m.

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What wonderful detailed work specially the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Anything Goes” themed Items Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/