Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Make Your Season Bright


Hello there!

Hope you all are having a great start to your week so far! I'm usually stressed this time of the year specially with Thanksgiving in just a couple days...but I will happily not be cooking this year or having it my my house! Most of my family have moved away and the ones that are still here don't really celebrate, so we have decided to go out to eat and have someone else cook and clean up this year. I know so un-traditional, but hey, we will see how it goes and see if we start a new tradition. Besides my boys were super excited to hear we were going out to eat...I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing....lol?!

I've been working on Christmas gifts as I usually give out at least one handmade gift from me every year...so admittedly I'm getting a little behind on my cards! But I'm back with another card to mark off my list...I'v also been making doubles for my shop, which I rarely do. I think I may have bit off more than I can chew...is that how the saying goes?...lol.


I think this may be the first time I've used black on a christmas card?...not sure if I like it...but I love how it makes the golden yellow stick out!


I was playing around with some background stamps I forgot I had and wanted to see how it would look...I masked the image and then stamped the background. I think I really love the way it looks...makes me want to add more background stamps to my Christmas list!


I used a cute little Christmas sentiment from the bargain bin Studio G stamps and embossed it with kaleidoscope powder...so sparkly and pretty! I found this satin ribbon from my stash that matched the copic colors perfectly and had to make a bow! I also made some pins...haven't made pins in awhile...so fun! And of course I had to use another one of those gorgeous snowflake ornaments from the Dollar Tree of all places! :)


Kept the inside simple as I was wanting more of a larger writing space for this one as I have someone very special in mind to send this to!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
LAYOUT: The Sketchy Challenges -"Sketch #36"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Magnolia Stamps "Tilda Flying" and sentiment is from StudioG. Background stamp block from Stampendous
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers and Stamped with Memtento Tuxedo Black ink
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS:  My handmade beaded pins made with faceted Czech glass beads, All flowers from "WOC" and all other embellishments including snowflake, ribbon, rhinestones and brads are from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinder's Nestabilities Labels 4 dies, EZ Bow Maker and Sewing machine
OTHER: Diamond Stickles, 3d Dimensional Foam and sparkly Kaleidoscope embossing powder

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

The Sketchy Challenges - "Sketch #36"
Totally Tilda - "Christmas Recipe: 2 DP, Pearls & Ribbon"
Tilda's Town - "Anything Goes"
Magnolia-licious Challenge - "Stickles and/or Glitter"
Crafty Bloggers Network - "Anything Goes Christmas"
Forever Friends - "Ribbon or Twine"
Make it Monday - "Always Anything Goes"
Victorine Originals - "Anything Christmas"
Corrosive Challenges - "Flutterby With Wings"
Dream Valley Challenges - "Anything Goes"
Glitter N Sparkle - "Lots of Layers"
Stamptacular Sunday - "Recipe Challenge"
The Crafty Pad - "Christmas"
The Squirrel and the Fox - "Anything goes"

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Crafting all!!

28 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card the image is adorable and is coloured so beautifully and the layout and colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Tracey. I love the sweet image and your gorgeous colouring. I like the stamped background you have placed her on too and those papers are wonderful

Hugs Sue

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab image and colours.xxx

Hanneke said...

Wow Tracey this is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen! I love the rich colors and your coloring is really amazing! Hugs, Hanneke

Cordine said...

Stunning card Tracey!
Thanks for playing with us at sketchy challenges!
Hugs
Cordine

Céline said...

so beautiful card, love the combo and papers, fab coloring
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town this week
hugs
céline

Grenouille Greetings said...

oooooooh this is lush, Tracey! hugs, Lesley

Stephanie said...

Very pretty and I like the black accents, you are right, it makes the gold pop. Love the background stamp behind Tilda. Gorgeous coloring and design. Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda, good luck.

Riet Kamstra said...

Love your card and all the accents and vibrant colors. Just the colors of the season (to make your season bright :) )
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town challengeblog this week!

Riet XX

Franz♥ said...

Hi Tracey! What a pleasure to have this fab card at Tilda's Town this week...thanks for sharing!

...mmmmm the dress!!! Your folds are amazing!

Hugs, Franz.

Diane J said...

Beautiful Christmas card, lovely colouring of such a cute image. Thanks for joining Forever Friends Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again very soon. We are running a DT call at the moment, pop back to FF for more details.
Diane xx

coops said...

so stunning tracey.your rich colours are wonderful and i love the sweet image and fab details :D

x coops xx

Suzi said...

This is a beautiful card, fabulous papers, colour combo and design. Your colouring skills are wonderful. Thank you for joining our Christmas Recipe challenge over at Totally Tilda. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Mamma Mia said...

Hi Tracey - this is an absolutely stunning card! I love the image which you've coloured beautifully, and the colour combo on your card is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation at The Crafty Pad this week in our Christmas challenge.
Helen x (DT)

Claire said...

Love all the bright colours! Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week!
Claire xx
Glitter n Sparkle DT

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Such a gorgeous card! ♥ your coloring! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges.

Hugs,
Jay Jay

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Tracey. Love the image and the red and gold looks stunning.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sheri said...

Oh gosh! What a fabulously gorgeous, stunning holiday card!! The gold and the red together...are beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious!! :)

Tina Makuc said...

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Tilda's Town Tracey!!
Love the papers and embellies but the most stunning thing is your colouring!!
Hugs, Tina

Jilli said...

I love the black on the card and the background stamping looks fab! Hugs Jillix

Meesh said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous blog, Tracey! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog :)

Hugs, Meesh. xx

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Tracey,
Stunning vibrant colours and a wonderful embellished card. Awesome colouring; I especially love how you did her wings. Thanks so much for playing with the Sketchy Girls!

Hugz,
Sandy

Brigitte said...

OMG, your colouring is FANTASTIC!!!!! I LOVE your card, it's just amazing!!! Thanks for joining us this time at Totally Tilda and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

such a cute image love the layers thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

Sandy said...

Sweet image beautifully coloured, gorgeous layout and embellies. Thanks for linking this beauty up with MIM this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs, Sandy

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Tracey, so very pretty, I love the colours you've used and your colouring is fab as always hun :)
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda
hugs Mandy xx

Susie Sugar said...

wow your colouring is fabulous !!!
Thanks for joining us girls @ Totally Tilda
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Ger said...

Lovely image and rich colours. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT