Friday, May 10, 2013

From Small Beginnings Come Great Things


Afternoon my crafty friends! 

Before I forget, I want to thank everyone who took the time to read through all of my first blog post coming back....I know it was really, really long and probably hard to get through, lol. And to those who took the time to leave such sweet and very supportive comments, sending HUGE hugs your way! Your words made me feel so much better and meant so much to me! And the only reason I'm thanking you in a blog post is because I still have not figured out how to get replies to go through directly to you when replying to a comment. I thought I had set it up right, but I guess not cause all the replies just keep getting sent to my email, lol.

Anyways, How is your Friday going so far? Mine is going great! Since Mother's day is this Sunday, I had some adorable little handmade surprises from my kiddos today when they got home from school. I love it when they do stuff like that, such treasured little keepsakes! 

It's such a nice sunny day today in Oregon, I may take the boys down to the park and put our yardwork chores off until this weekend! There is this really beautiful park down in Springfield that I thought would be awesome to take pictures at because it has a huge open field next to it with lots of pretty scenery, not to mention the river runs right next to it! Hubs has the next 3 days off and plans to finish working on our cars but I'm hoping I can convince him in joining us. It would be so nice to be able to get some great updated pics of all of us!

But before I decide to run off today, I do have a little crafty something to share with all of you!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

I have been working on some frames for the last couple weeks that I wanted to possibly create for my craft room. I searched through our local used stores here and found a bunch of really nice frames that worked perfect for my project. I was looking for mainly square frames, all wood and something deep enough that could possibly be made into a shadow box...wasn't sure. I went to painting them and then the best fun came when I started distressing them!

I've only got one completely done so far and I'm loving the way it turned out and can't wait to get the rest done! But for now, here is the first one....


I drew inspiration from Chelsea's beautiful sketch at CLP Sketch Challenge...but flipped the sketch to make it work for what I wanted to do.

I tried to take lots of pics to get a good angle of the whole frame...


A view from the other side...


The image of course is one of Mo's adorable digis from MosDigitalPencil! I've had her little baby fairy images on my wishlist for a really long time and finally bought all of them to add to my collection! 
And I want to give credit to Alyce from KitandClowder and her amazing Copic technique tutorials on her YouTube channel HERE! I learned how to color in the lifelike clouds and grass from a couple of her videos. I'm no where near as talented as she is and this was only my first try...so if you haven't already, I suggest you take a look at her fantastic blog!
Thank you Alyce! :)


The word art is from a set of motivational sentiments I made to go along with the crafty frames I have planned. You can find the set in my digi shop HERE. I also have a freebie from that set I shared on my blog yesterday!

The metal butterflies were actually charms I had in my bead stash and I just cut and filed the top loops off...made great embellishments! I made the glass pebble from clear fish rocks, an image I cut out from similar DP and a little Glossy Accents glue.

Here are a few more closeups...


I usually don't do a lot of distressing work, but I thought it suited the frame I distressed. Plus this was the first time I tried out that new Frantage technique that I've been seeing everywhere! I want to mention I watched an awesome tutorial on how to use the Frantage properly with clear instruction from the talented Tracy Payne from Crafteezee HERE on here blog! 
Thank you Tracy! :)

INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 7 x 7
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Mo's Digital Pencil "Baby Fairy Kiki" and sentiment is from my collection at "BrossArtfulDesigns".
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers, Opaque White Pen and Tim Holts Walnut Stain Distress Ink
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is from Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS:   All flowers and mood stone brads are from "WOC", My handmade glass pebble, and charms, pearl string and lace are from stash
TOOLS: Used wood frame, Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinder's Nestabilities circles and open scalloped cricles, Fiskars Border Punch, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Heat gun and Sewing machine
OTHER: Diamond Stickles, 3D Dimensional Foam, Chunky White Frantage embossing powder and sparkly silver embossing powder

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~ 

PROJECT WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

CLP Sketch Challenge - "Sketch #58", Simon Says Stamp- "Things With Wings", Whimsy Inspires - "Anything Goes", Alphabet Challenge - "G For Glitter and Gems", Crafty Catz Weekly - "Anything Goes", Creative Corner - "Things With Wings", Delicious Doodles - "Anything BUT a Card", Inspire Me Fridays - "Always Anything Goes", Simply Create Too - "Anything Goes", Happy Campers CC - "Use Lace", Paper Crafting Journey - "Anything Goes", Southern Girls - "You Can Say That Again", Crafts and Me - "Lace", Divas By Design - "Anything Goes", By The Cute and Girly - "Flowers"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xxHUGSxx!

23 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Tracey, Wow, I love this adorable frame and image, it's stunning work, just beautiful...
Thankyou for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

heidy said...

Have fun in the park Tracey and love your gorgeous frame!!
XXX Heidy

Heather said...

A fabulous card Tracey, I love your beautifully coloured sweet image of Mo. Your design, papers and details are stunning!!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Tracey. I love the sweet image, your colouring is so beautiful and the papers and details you have added are gorgeous.
I hope you are having a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Jennifer Scull said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! I love every little thing about it! :)

keep hanging in there and know that so many people are standing alongside you. you are not alone. :)

Danni said...

This is so amazing and stunning! Wow!!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Tracey: This frame is so pretty too--love the little fairy.

Love to always see your creations in our upcoming challenges too--they are always so creative.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

coops said...

oh wow this is amazing tracey.stunning sweet image and I love all your pretty details and fabulous colouring :D

xx coops xx

Pearl said...

This is beautiful Tracy! Love all the glitter! Oh, and welcome back!
Pearl x

Elise said...

Wow, this is absolutely STUNNING! Love your colouring .. very beautiful!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Siv said...

Tracey, this is absolutely amazing!!! I think I'm in love with your project! :)
Thanks for playing along at the SGC!
Hugs Siv

Sanja Grdinić said...

Oh, my God! I can't stop looking at it! It is just perfect! Awesome coloring and assembling!
Have a nice day, Tracey!

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweet pea, this is absolutely gorgeous, perfection, huggles Pops x x x

Lisa Grace said...

Soooo pretty! Thanks for joining in with us at Simply Create too!
Lisa Grace (DT) xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous creation Tracey, love the sweet image and very pretty design.

Donna x

Lucy Patrick said...

That is so amazing Tracey, I've had to keep a copy for inspiration! I love how you've created the grass and sky along with the gorgeous image, great work and I would believe it if you said KitandChowder had done it so for your first time, that's crazy!! Thanks so much for joining in the "anything goes" challenge at Paper Crafting Journey, XOX Lucy

Shell B. said...

Fabulous job on your project Tracey, adorable image from Mo and great quote!

So glad that you joined us at Southern Girls Challenges!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska
http://www.akstamping.blogspot.com

Kelly Neis said...

Gorgeous piece! Love your design and the coloring is just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Divas By design, please come back again.
Hugs Kelly DT

Mandy said...

Oh wow hun this is stunning, so many gorgeous details to look at, I love how you've distressed the frame and your colouring is beautiful, actually I love everything :)
I did pop over last night to leave my DT comm but ended up engrossed in reading your catch up and DT comms got forgotten lol.
Great to see you back Tracey :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

tampatha said...

oh my goodness wow! What a stunning frame! this is fabulous! Thanks for joining our things with wings challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
Tammy DT

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a pretty Mo Manning decorated frame you have made. It fits the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week well of “anything but a card”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Mrs.B said...

This is a beautiful project with so many details.
Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge
Avril

Tracy Crafty said...

WOW !!! This is just stunning !


Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for this months challenge x