Friday, May 17, 2013

Project For a Friend


Hello crafty friends! 
Hope you all are having a great Friday night and getting ready for a very nice weekend!

I've been busy getting my oldest son ready for his camping trip with his boy scouts troops. He will be gone along with daddy for the the whole weekend. Kinda exciting because this is his very first camping trip! I stayed home with my other 2 boys so I can't wait till they get back to hear all the exciting things they got to do...I told hubs that he better take lots of pics too! lol. 

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, I don't have another card completed just yet but I forgot about a project I wanted to share with you all. A couple months ago while I was on my crafty break...I wasn't completely un-crafty. I worked on some CD holders for a very good friend of mine. She is an awesome photographer who takes amazing pics! She wanted something pretty or professional looking to place her customers CD copies in and asked me if that was something I would like to take on? And of course, me loving a challenge I made some for her!

These are what I came up with...


I just love the way these turned out! I hadn't used my embossing folders in so long and thought they would be perfect for what I had in mind along with a variety of my border punches! It was SOOOO hard though to keep it as simple as possible....I just had to add some stitching...lol.

I really did enjoy working on these and may think about making some to put in my shop in the future. :)


This was actually a great way to use up a bunch of my paper scraps that have grown over the years! I have a HUGE bin of scraps because for some reason I just can't seem to throw even the tiniest bit of paper away...it seems so wasteful, lol.


I admit, I got a little carried away and made her a bunch! 


I even had fun designing some sticker labels and watermarks for her! Clicking on the image below will take you to the blog I designed for her a few years back...


Before I finish my post for the night, I want to give my photographer friend a great big shout out! She is based in in Georgetown TX. but travels and sets up shoots if needed in surrounding areas in TX. Her work is amazing!! She absolutely has the best portrait prices ever and even offers freebies frequently! So if you're in her area and in need of some updated portraits, please feel free to check out her business page!


~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

PROJECT WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CRAFTY LINKY PARTIES:

Make it Monday - "Anything Goes"
Inspire Me Fridays - "Anything Goes"

Until next time,
Happy crafting all
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colours and designs. All the elements work so well together. I saw this on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pia S said...

You've done a great job with these CD holders. Even though they have the same design, they look very different! An inspiring post, it demonstrates how a little detail or change in color can transform the same design into a completely different look! I came over from MIM to visit.

Sue - bearhouse said...

These are gorgeous Tracey. I love the designs, wonderful embossing and beautiful colour schemes.
I hope your son enjoys his camping trip and that you enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs Sue xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous collection Tracy, love the designs and embossing..love the colours..gorgeous cards.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Girl, you have been busy with some pretty stylish and elegant work. It's really nice to see you. X

DIANA L. said...

These are awesome, I love how you got carried away I do that sometimes myself.
Your stitching is perfect and the color combo is great
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com