Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sweet Blossoms


Good morning crafty friends!

It's been a slow uneventful week for me, especially since it has not stopped raining since the beginning of last week. It was a super soggy day on Monday Memorial Day as well. Hubs and the kids of course had a 3 day weekend. Since it was too wet to barbecue, we had a nice dinner inside and had a conversation with the kiddos on the true meaning of that day.

I did manage to complete another card though!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

For my card, I used an awesome layout from Sunday Sketch and Stamp. I really had lots of fun with this layered sketch!


I drew inspiration for the colors from my newest DP stack from Recollections! I just love the paper sets they have out now, I want them all! lol


I used a super adorable stamp from Wee Stamps called Sweet Blossom. I had so much fun coloring her and her little friend! I bought mine in rubber stamp form from Whimsy Stamps but if you prefer digis, you can also get them directly from the Wee Stamps shop!


I had an extra beaded pin that I created for my last card and thought it matched perfectly with this one too! I also created a little glass image pebble for the bottom corner to show a bit more of the beautiful blossoms that come from the background DP.


No sentiment for me this time...I almost always have to add a sentiment. But I thought it looked perfect without one and I didn't want to take away form the gorgeous image!

The inside of the card....


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6 
IMAGE: Sweet Blossom "Wee Stamps/Whimsy Stamps"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and Prima, DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flowers are from "WOC", my handmade beaded trinket pin, my handmade glass image pebble, Crocheted lace ribbon and other embellishements from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinder Nestabilities Circle dies and Large Scalloped Cricle Dies, EkSuccess Butterfly punch and sewing machine
OTHER: Diamond Stickles and 3D Dimensional Foam

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sunday Sketch and Stamp - "Challenge 158"
Crafting By Designs - "Anything Goes"
Creative Belli - "Flowers"
Flutterby Wednesdays - "Flowers, Butterfly and Diecut/Punch"
Simon Says Stamp - "Anything Goes"
Crafty Sentiments - "Stitching"
Deep Ocean Challenge - "Ribbon and/or Lace"
Party Time Tuesdays - "Anything Goes"
Make It Monday - "Always Anything Goes"
Through The Craftroom Door - "Always Anything Goes"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

39 comments:

Melissa Latchem said...

I LOVE this card! it is amazing, I might have to "borrow" your shading technique around the character :) - thanks for entering it into the Rhedd and Rosie's challenge and good luck! Melissa DT xx

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Tracey. I love this image and the colours and colouring are fab. Beautiful papers also.
Hugs Sharon. x

heidy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey!!
XXX Heidy

Alyce said...

stunning tracey!! such beautiful colours on here... love the tones and they match out perfectly to those yummy papers :D

Dodici said...

Fantastic card,Tracey!Love every single detail!
Huga,
Dora

sammi said...

Beautiful card, as always, Tracey! I seen your card on Make It Monday and came over to take a closer look. If you'd like to see one of my creations, my entry is #177. I'd love for you to stop by and leave a comment!

Helena said...

Fab card, Tracey! Helena xx

Pia S said...

This is a gorgeous card, Tracey! Wonderful coloring, fabulous choice of papers, and you've arranged those flowers so beautifully! Love the mustard color of your roses and the detail of the stitching too! I spotted your card on MIM.

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey!! Love the sweet image and all the yummy layers!! Your coloring is out of this world!!

nnalorac said...

This is WOW, loving your gorgeous gorgeous colours. The image is coloured just beautifully. Than ks for dropping by my world. Carolxx

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card, great colouring in, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning as always Tracey, love the cute image and wow! your colouring....AMAZING!

Donna x

Jeannie said...

Your cards truly amaze me! I could look at them for hours. This little gal is just adorable and those papers and colors you used are scrumptious!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Beccy said...

Love this card - amazing colouring and layout. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky
Beccy x

downrightcrafty said...

oh Tracey that is one feast for the eyes love your stitching and gorgeous colouring with all those delicious embellies
Hugs Kate xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

Tracy, this is absolutely stunning. I love that sweet Wee image, your colouring is fabulous and the papers and details you have added are all so beautiful
hugs Sue xx

Cazza said...

WOWZERS Tracey, this is beautiful and I love the colour combo too :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
x

Penny Odell said...

Stunning card! Love your image, and your coloring. Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenge.

Rebekah said...

This is fabulous Tracey great colour choices! hugs Rebekah xx

Heather Jensen said...

She is beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous and the glitter accents on the flowers look great. :)

Tracy said...

Your cards are always so jam packed with fun goodies and gorgeous colored images. You've used my fave color combo too. Love those BG's with yellow. :-) Amazing card Tracey!

Dawny P said...

This is lovely :) I really like the design and colours you used. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Billie A said...

I saw your stunning card on MIM and had to take a closer look. Boy so glad I did. Your card is beautiful. the image, the coloring the embellishments this whole card is wonderful.

Tracy said...

Thanks Tracey for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I followed you back to look at yours and are blown away by your cards... they are amazing!!! I am becoming a follower/stalker!!! LOL
Hugs
Tracy

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful colors for your wonderful card Tracey...I love the rich colors and the matching flowers. Great take on the sketch and the inside is just as beautiful. Hugz, joann

Wendy McCarthy said...

Such a gorgeous card, your colouring is amazing! Thank you for entering Rhedd and Rosies challenge, good luck! Wendy (DT member) xx

Elaine said...

Hello Tracey ,what a beautiful card , I adore this image too. Thank you for joining us at our :
"Through The Craft Room Door" Challenge this time and good luck.
Hugs Elaine DT.

coops said...

oh wow so gorgeous tracey.really love the image and your design and colours are stunning ;D


xx coops xx

Alexander said...

Very nice card!
Can you please you on my blog ... and if you want please you can become a Member?

Danni said...

This is gorgeous!! Simply stunning! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Louise said...

Stunning card and one of my favourite images.
Louise xx

Pat said...

Lovely card with a cute image and great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Good Luck.

Pat xx

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Tracey. Wonderful layout and sweet image,
Thanks for linking up with Make it Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Bunny said...

This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

Caz CSD DT

kraftykaren said...

A very, very pretty card hun.

Superbly coloured too.

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs in our Show Us Your Stitching Challenge & Good Luck!

Hugs,
Karen - DT.xx

www.kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress

Tanya said...

Simply stunning Tracey!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Tina said...

absolutely stunning card , adorable image and gorgeous flowers. Hugs Tina (DT)xx

Laura Love said...

Sheer Gorgeous-ness! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs! We hope you will play along with us again soon!