Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Thinking Of You


Good morning crafty blog buddies! 
How was your weekend and Mother's Day? I had a great weekend, ending Mother's Day night with a breakfast dinner which my hubs cooked up! Pancakes, fresh strawberries and all the fixins for a diet breaker! lol. It doesn't hurt to cheat every once in awhile right?

I meant to have something posted for you all yesterday but I was stuck in laundryville from a long weekend of not getting anything done, where chores were concerned anyways! I finally got through the mounds of laundry and had time to get my craft back on to finish this card I was working on!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

For my card today, I used Sweet Sketch Wednesday's adorable little sketch. 


For the colors, I drew inspiration from the beautiful DP from my collection of Recollections stacks!


And of course, the absolutely adorable image is from Mo's Digital Pencil. I've actually had this image in my collection for a long time...I think it was one of the first images I bought from Mo's beautiful collection. I just love her fairies!


I tried something a little different, if you will notice I've used watercolor paper. I'm not too sure I'm completely thrilled with the result? It's much more hard to blend and use the Copics on, but I do kinda like the soft feel it leaves as well as the nice texture. I may try it a few more times and see if it grows on me.

Here's a couple more views and closeups...


I made another one of those little glass bubble embellishments, love making those! And I also made a beaded pin...haven't made one of those in ages! And the sentiment is from my newest Fancy labels Occasions set! I changes the colors on this one to match the color tones of the card.

I added some more lace to the inside...I kinda covered it up on the front of the card, lol....


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6 
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Teacup Fairy from "Mo'sDigitalPencil" and Sentiment is from my digi stamp collection "Fancy Labels Occasions Set #1"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: All flowers, crystals stems, moonstone brad and metal corner are from "WOC", vintage lace, ribbons and pearls from stash, my handmade glass pebble image and beaded trinket pin
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spelbinders Labels Nestabilities Die, EZ Bow Maker and sewing machine
OTHER: Diamond Stickles and 3D Dimensional Foam

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - "Sketch #205"
Card Mania - "Flower Power"
Cupcake Craft - "Lots of Layers"
Forever Friends - "Anything Goes"
Make it Monday - "Always Anything Goes"
Love To Create - "Flowers"
Love To Scrap - "Anything Goes"
Marker POP - "May Flowers"
Songbird Challenges - "Flowers"
No Matter Which Challenges - "Things With Wings"

Before I close out today, I would like to share with you the little handmade gifts I received from my boys for Mother's Day. I just love them so much and I'm so proud, I have to show them off...lol!!

A flower pot filled with pens...yes those flowers are pens!! Isn't it the greatest?!!


And of course, a mother can never have enough macaroni noodle frames...except this one is a magnet too! Just love them both! :)~


Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

29 comments:

Holly Gwilliams said...

gorgeous card Tracey. so detailed. thank you for joining us at SSW this week. Jolly x

FeistyCrafter said...

Your Card is stunning!! The image is precious. Really like all the layers and details of your card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog - Tina

Cherished said...

Gorgeous Card! The details are amazing. Thanks for Playing at Love to Scrap "Anything Goes" Challenge.

Michelle McClure said...

Your detailed work is simply stunning! Your embellishments are gorgeous and I do like the look of the watercolor paper. I can't believe your boys made flower pens for you. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog.

Linda Anderson said...

Positively stunning, a true work of art! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Sharon said...

This is stunning Tracey. The image is gorgeous as are the beautiful colours and design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is stunning Tracey. I love the image, your soft colouring is so beautiful and your attention to detail is just wonderful. I especially love the glass bauble and beaded pin.
Such wonderful Mother's Day gifts too, I am sure you will treasure them.
hugs Sue xx

Leeann said...

Gorgeous, Tracey!!! You left nothing undone, beautiful details! This card would take me weeks to make! :)

Heide said...

Gorgeous work! So much work put into you card, lovely. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Absolutely fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

mulberry station said...

Wow, stunning card. It is really nice to have you join us this week.
Nancy SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Wow Tracey where do I start, your card is totally stunning. Your colours are rich and elegant, your images is super cute and your embellishments are to die for. This is one beautiful card and I love it to bits. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Lisa Lynn said...

Tracey, your card is incredible! Your colors are stunning and your coloring well it is just perfect. I saw your wonderful creation on MIM.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Tracey, I love your coloring with the watercolor paper. It is so soft and pretty. Your design and colors are awesome..Love it...joann sassy raggedy

Helena said...

This is absolutely stunning card! hugs, Helena

Chris said...

Such a gorgeous card, Tracey. Lovely image, beautifully coloured, stunning design and papers - love it!
Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges!
Chris
x

lalkygirl said...

what a stunning card tracey ,love the papers and cute image and it is so beautifully colour co-ordinated...love it
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

absolutly LOVE your card and all the little touches you did, especially the teacup with glitter. Thanks so much for playing at Love to Scrap!!!!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Tracey, your card is so beautiful. You put a lot of time and love in to it. So many differing craft mediums on one card. Wonderful colors. And, the inside too!!
Thank you for the digis on Mom's day.

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Tracey, fabulous design and adorable image.
Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
Pauline
x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Stunning card and recognized instantly the Mo image. I also adore your sweet noodle frame...haha Found your site when I was at the marker pop challenge #22

Valerie said...

Wow. I am blown away with your amazing coloring and details on this beautiful card. Thank you so very much for playing with us at Love to Scrap challenge blog.

Paula said...

Gorgeous card..I am so glad you are back.

Natalie Laurijssen said...

Your card looks gorgeous! I love your colouring and all the little details. Thanks for joining us at Forever friends this month.
X - Natalie - X

Mei said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Both inside and out! Colouring is fabulous as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Creative Card Crew DT
Crazy Challenge DT
Anyone for Anya DT

Delphine said...

Extremely gorgeous! The details are just fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

Cathy van de Bruinhorst said...

Beautiful work... incredible card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Loves to Scrap!!

Christa said...

What a very beautiful card ! Love those colours .... Thank you for joining us at NMWC. Christa.

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Your card is stunning. I love everything about it!

Thanks for playing along at No Matter Which Challenge last month (sorry I'm late getting around!)

Happy Crafting
Sam