Saturday, June 29, 2013

Happy Birthday To My Mom!


Hello crafty pals!

I had an interesting start to my week...well stressful/interesting. It started out with our fuel pump going out in our Ford Focus, which made for both cars being down for the count! We're still having problems with the clutch in the Kia. We of course are never able to afford a professional to repair them, so it comes down to hubby getting a little dirty, lol. We almost couldn't find anyone to help him replace the fuel pump which consisted of him needing a helper to pull the gas tank off. The reason being, he had just filled the tank, left the gas station and the pump went out! I was gearing up to take the plunge and dive under the car with him when at the last moment his step dad came to the rescue. So big props to my father in-law helping hubs out with that. We couldn't have done it without him. His step dad also offered to help with the Kia...so yay, my car may be fixed and up and running soon! So that was the stressful start to my week.

The interesting part came with my elderly neighbor knocking on my door early in the morning needing someone to take her to the hospital. She is usually someone who keeps to herself and kinda the grumpy old lady on the block...or so everyone always told me. Well she has been having problems getting around and usually had our other neighbors take her everywhere, but they went out of town for the week. Something like this would normally stress me out to the max  and I would make every excuse I can think of to get out of it as I'm a very socially awkward person. Along with the bipolar, I have extreme social anxiety where strangers are concerned, almost to the point of agoraphobic...hardly ever leave the house. But I have been on some new meds lately which help me out, so I was very proud of myself for being able to help someone in need of a ride in an emergency. And I actually found her very pleasant and easy to talk to. I don't know where she got the old grumpy lady on the block reputation but she was not that at all. I actually took her to the doc again the other day and ran some errands for her. I got a delicious Mocha Frappucino coffee out of it, but I would have done it for nothing in return. :)

I've also been busy working on some GDT projects which I will be revealing next month, yay! So I've had a very busy week.

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Well enough gabbing! Now to my mom's birthday project I'm sharing today and what you are all really here for...lol. I've actually had this done since Wednesday but didn't have the time to take photos until today. So glad I remembered to take pics before I sent it out! I actually really love the way this one turned out...I'm so critical of my work.


It's a card and little gift box combined that I decked out to the max and closes with some seam binding ribbon I got from WOC! I always seem to go over the top when I have something in mind that's going to a close friend or family member...I just can't help myself lol!


I used and amazing, gorgeous digi from Tiddly Inks. I love Christy Croll's art! I bought a bunch of her digis awhile back that I've been hoarding...I need to stop doing that because I loved working with this stamp!


I went a little crazy with the Frantage...I'm beginning to fall in love with that stuff! I mixed it with a little regular silver embossing powder to make it sparkly! Gotta have sparkle! I found it easier to apply the Frantage with my Versamark Watermark ink. For those of you who are having trouble getting it to stick without flying everywhere like I was, you can give that a try, lol.


Some more closeups trying to capture the box, the inside of the card and the back. I rarely show what I do to the back of my projects...yes I even deck out the back most of the time lol.


Now for the little surprise on the inside. My mom is an avid book reader and she has no patience at all to figure out her Kindle. So since she still reads the physical books, I made her a mini bookmark which even matches the gift box! lol. I made her some matching earrings too...I forgot to take a photo, oops.


INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 x 4" 
IMAGE: Druscilla "Tiddly Inks" and sentiment is a StudioG Clear bargain bin stamp
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Seam binding ribbon, all flowers and crystal stem from "WOC
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders Nestabilities Lables die, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Hot glue gun and sewing machine
OTHER: Stampendous Chunky White Embossing Enamel, Recollections Sparkle Embossing Powder, Clear embossing powder and 3D Dimensional Foam

BEADED BOOKMARK:
BEADS: Montana Blue AB finish Swarovski Crystals, Off-white Swarovski glass pearls, silver lazer lace butterfly charm and mini shepherds hook bookmark. All beads were wire wrapped onto silver plated head pins.

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Crafty Catz Weekly - "Say it with Flowers"
Digi Haven - "Flowers"
Card Crafter's Circle - "Happy Birthday"
Fairy Tale - "Happy Birthday"
Stamping With Dragon - "Anything Goes"
Paper Crafting Journey - "Anything But A Square Card"
Art Impressions Stamps - "Floral Frenzy"
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - "Anything Goes With Ribbon"
Copic Marker Europe - "Shaped Card"
My Heart Pieces - "Use a Digi Stamp"
Crafting By Designs - "Anything Goes"
Crafting For All Seasons - "Make it Girly"
Creative Moments - "Flowers"
Crafts and Me - "Anything Goes"
Nutcrafters - "Texture"
Simon Says Stamp - "Anything Goes"
Whimsy Inspires - "Shaped Cards"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

20 comments:

Alyce said...

gorgeous tracey!!! i love the whole design and the beautiful colouring. ohhh have you tried shabby frantage? shabby frantage comes with glitter in it!!! ^_^ so fun!!! sounds like you had a very interesting week... keeping you on your toes!! ;)

Alyce said...

gorgeous tracey!!! i love the whole design and the beautiful colouring. ohhh have you tried shabby frantage? shabby frantage comes with glitter in it!!! ^_^ so fun!!! sounds like you had a very interesting week... keeping you on your toes!! ;)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous Tracey!! Absolutely amazing!! The design and coloring is fabulous!! Great work! I'm sure your Mom will cherish it!!

Sorry to hear you had such a stressful week! I hope your car gets fixed asap!! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

mariska said...

This is sooo gorgeous Tracey! Love those collors and your colloring is so very beautiful. Love it.

Hugs Mariska

coops said...

oh wow this is fabulous tracey.really stunning colours and details and the image is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Dewi Lestari said...

Stunning project, and thanks for the tips about frantage.
Thanks for joining at Digi Haven: Fun with Flowers
Hugs
Dewi

Lucy Patrick said...

Oh, Wow, Tracey, this is utterly amazing and I'm sure you're mum will be so delighted with it! I love your colouring and everything about it is just perfect!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Paper Crafting Journey, good luck in the draw. XOX Lucy

Angela said...

Hi,

I am a huge copics fan and this is fabulous colouring and colour combinations. Love it.

Thanks for taking part in the Stampin'with the Dragon 'Anything Goes' Challenge with us.

Angela

Jacqueline said...

How feminine and so gorgeous! I love your colouring, the colours you've used. It all makes a magical impression. Hugs, Jacqueline DT-PCJ

Jac said...

Absolutely stunning, your colouring is awesome ad your whole project breath taking, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Bianca said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Sylvia x said...

Fantastic project..and loving all the texture. Thanks you so much for sharing with us at Nutcrafters

Good luck in the challenge

Sylvia xx

Sharon said...

This is amazing! So stunning!
Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
Hugs - Sharon

CTgirl said...

Your post was like opening a gift, so much info, so special, so beautiful. What a lovely project in such gorgeous colours!

Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafting by Designs!
Do join us again!
Hugs
Rene
Crafting By Designs DT


Abbie Kay said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it, the colors are beautiful and so much to look at. Love the image too. Thank you for joining us at Creative this fortnight. Abbie xx

Carol said...

A beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Karen Day said...

Wow, Tracey! What a gorgeous little box you've created - I bet your Mom is thrilled with it :o) Thanks for sharing your creation with us for this week's Art Impressions Floral Frenzy challenge!

Helene Siermans said...

This is amazing! It is art! I love absolutely everything about it!

Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Cat this week. Good luck!
Nick

cardsbyleona said...

What beautiful colouring! Thank you for sharing at Creative moments.
Leona (DT)