Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!


Hello crafty friends!

I've had a super busy week and the boys last day of school was this Thursday! We celebrated our little one's last day of Kindergarten...sniff, sniff...can't believe how fast this school year went!! I'm so happy summer is finally here though...already planning lots of stuff to do with the kiddos! Although, I'm sure by the end of this summer I will be ready for them to go back to school...lol.

I will make this post quick as I just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful daddy's out there! Hope you get spoiled with lots of hugs and kisses and get to relax and enjoy your special day! My hubby has Sundays off, so he will definitely enjoy his day and make it a lazy one. He works hard, so he deserves it!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Along with this quick post, I have a quickie card to share with you all. I think this is as CAS as I can get...lol.


I made this for my hubs. I don't usually make cards for guys...I'm just not that great at them. But I kinda like the way this one turned out. I don't think it really matters with guys though...they pretty much like anything, or at least mine does...lol.


I haven't done much embossing lately. I loved that this stamp had the thick lettering which made it perfect for embossing.


The inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 4.5 x 5
SENTIMENT: Studio G
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: iRock gems and all other rhinestones, button and string is from stash
TOOLS: EKSuccess Diamond Lace border punch, EKSuccess Scalloped Slim corner punch, iRock heat setting tool and sewing machine
OTHER: 3d Dimensional Foam

Every year I also have my boys make a card for daddy, they love playing with all mommy's "toys" lol....here are their adorable cards! :)


~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

The Craft Garden - "June Color Challenge"
Pink Gem Challenge - "Father's Day/Male"
Di's Digi Design Challenge - "Beautiful Borders"
Hobby House Challenge Blog - "Anything Goes"
Craft Lovin Challenge Blog - "Anything Goes"
Ready Teddy Go Challenge - "Who's The Daddy"
The Crafting Cafe - "Here Come The Boys"
The Crafter's Cafe - "Fathers/Male"
Jelly Park Friends - "Masculine Theme"
Stamping With The Dragon - "One For Dad"
Sister Act Card Challenge - "Anything Goes"
Simply Create Too - "Father's Day/Male"
Ladybug Crafts - "For The Men in Your Life"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

18 comments:

Tabitha Davis said...

Well I don't know about you. But I think this is a fantastic guys card. Your husband will be happy to receive it.
thanks for joining us over at Craft Lovin Challenges!!!!
Great priced, fun digi paper and stamps
Tabitha's Designs

Kate at the Hobby House said...

thank you for joining us for the Hobby House first challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Brilliant male card, kraft and twine always work so well on men's projects. Love the funky lettering too. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge. xx
Ps. Expect the school year to fly by even faster when your little one starts school, I can't believe mine has almost finished two years and will soon start his third! xx

Angeline said...

What great cards for dad ! Love that you got your boys to join along

Thanks for joining us at Craft Lovin Challenge blog

Angeline DT

Sharon said...

I love this card Tracy. The papers are fabulous and I love the design. The string and button finish the card off brilliantly.
Hugs Sharon x

heidy said...

Fabolous card Tracey,love the cards from your boys too!!
XXX Heidy

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Tracey, I would say you definitely CAN to male cards. I love the design and the colours are wonderful.
Your son's cards for their daddy are beautiful. The obviously take after their mummy!

Thank you, also for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week

hugs Sue xx

Amanda Curtin said...

Gorgeous, detailed work. I love it. Thanks for taking part at the Crafting Cafe this month Amanda x

Dawn Lancaster said...

Tracey, you rocked it my lovely! Your card is just fab! Thanks for playing at The Crafting Cafe in our Here Come The Boys Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn
PS you could also play at Crafting For All Seasons this time!

Chris / CS Designs said...

Tracey, Wonderful Father's Day card. Love everything about it from the colors, cording to the stitching. Thank you for sharing this lovely piece with us at The Craft Garden.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Craftdee Donna said...

This is a fabulous "guy" card, Tracey. Great papers and embellies,and that border is PERFECT for the Beautiful Borders challenge at Di's Digi Designs Thanks for joining in :-)
Good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ♥

coops said...

fantastic male card tracey.your design is really stunning and well done boys, your daddys cards are fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Angela said...

Wonderful card with some fab techniques and elements. Ideal for Father's Day.

Thanks for taking part in our One for Dad challenge with us at Stampin'with the Dragon.

Angela

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty CAS card! Thanks for joining Craft Lovin Challenge~

Suzie McFloozy said...

Fabulous fathers day card x Love this layout and your choice of papers x
Thanks for playing along with us at Jellypark & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

AWESOME masculine card! LOVE everything about this!

PaperDaisies said...

A great Fathers Day card. Love the design. Just fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina