Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kraftin Kimmie Krafty Guest Contest w/Sparkle Submission!


Morning crafty pals!

Nothing crazy or new in my life to report...just lazy days of summer is all. It actually rained this whole week...not surprising for our Oregon weather. But the boys were so ready to play in the sun, so hopefully next week will get better.

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

I have a new card to share with you all today. Yay!

When I seen that Kraftin Kimmie was having a contest for a krafty girl guest spot, I got to creating! I absolutely love Kraftin Kimmie stamps! You were to include some sort of sparkle on your design as well...so make it sparkle I did! 


I'm always looking for an excuse to use my sparkly glitter cardstock or sparkle on anything for that matter...lol!


The image I used is a gorgeous mermaid called Cordelia from the Kraftin Kimmie stamps web store found HERE! She come with a cute little fish too...but I didn't use it on my card this time.


I want to give a shout out again to Alyce from Kit and Clowder for her AMAZING YouTube tutorials! I think I would have given up copics long ago if it weren't for her Copic coloring videos and her step by step process of her coloring techniques. She is so very thorough and her coloring is just beyond words! I could literally watch her color for hours...no joke, lol! So if you are struggling with coloring with Copics like I was or if you are just in need of new techniques, please check out her YouTube channel as well as stop by her blog HERE

I admit, I still have a lot of practicing to do, but I think I'm getting to that point where I'm comfortable with my coloring ability.


I was trying to catch the sparkle on the fins as well as the sparkle from the embossed sentiment. And even the ribbon is sparkly lol! I love that ribbon...I've used it so much that I'm almost out. On my crafty list to find more!

And aren't those yoyo ribbon flowers the best?! I got them on huge clearance at Michaels along with the bling flourishes!

The circles were all cut out by hand because I don't have any grand dies yet...still working on that. I want the grand Spellbinders dies sooooo bad! So instead I created some circle templates with my Adobe Illustrator, printed them out and got to cutting to make tracing templates.

Now for the inside...kept it real simple...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6" 
IMAGE: Cordelia "Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps" and sentiment is from the Celebration Pennants set at "Whimsy Stamps"
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections and Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: Ribbon flowers and bling flourishes are from "Recollections", Moonstone brad from "WOC" and all other embellishements from stash
TOOLS: Hot glue gun, EZ Bow Maker and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D Dimensional Foam, Kaleidoscope embossing powder and Diamond Stickles

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

I {Heart} Sketches - "Sketch 23"
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps - "Shaped Cards"
Crafty Catz Weekly - "Anything Goes or Add Embossing"
Creative Corner - "Summer"
Delicious Doodles - "Stitch It"
Stampin For The Weekend - "Anything Goes"
Inspire Me Fridays - "Alwayes Anything Goes"
Sister Act Card Challenge - "Always Anything Goes"
Totally Paper Crafts - "Flowers and Bows"
Chocolate Coffee and Cards - "Card Bingo: Flowers, Glitter, Bling"
Inky Impressions - "Anything Goes"
Pollycraft Challenge - "Anything Goes"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

24 comments:

Mad Moose said...

Lovely card. Fabulous colouring and I love all the little details. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at anything goes. Naomi x

Alyce said...

ahhhhh tracey oh my!!! this is just simply STUNNING! Beautiful colours.. i think you have done such a wonderful job :D :D goodluck on the guest spot! thanks so very much for the shoutout too.. but you don't need the videos your colouring is simply stunning :)

Lisa T said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic

Pat K said...

Absolutely stunning Tracey. Fabulous design with wonderful sparkle...especially on her eyelids. Good luck with the GDT spot ...you would be fabulous! hugs, pat k x

Joanne said...

Absolutely stunning card! Your coloring is amazing and I love the bits of sparkle you added on her tail and eyelids, such nice details! Thanx so much for playing bingo with us at CC&CC! Joanne

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is stunning Tracey. I love the image, your colouring is fabulous and all the sparkle you have added looks so beautiful.
Good luck with getting the GDT spot, you certainly deserve it!
Hugs Sue xx

Tracy said...

Stunning colouring as always. And such pretty colours

Anonymous said...

This is beyond fabulous! My mouth literally dropped open when I saw this! My Cordelia has never looked like this... I better start watching Alyce's videos! Good luck with the guest spot contest! Julene

Alexandra said...

Wow,Tracey! Your card is stunning! In design, in embellishments, in coloring and in all the rest of the details! So much things to admire!

Thanks for joining Totally PaperCrafts challenge!
Hope you'll play along with us in the upcoming challenges too.

~Alexandra (DT)

Leeann said...

Tracey, this card is absolutely gorgeous just like all of your cards!

Thanks for letting me in on your coloring secret, I've started watching Kit and Clowder's videos, she is wonderful. I can't wait to give her techniques a try :)

Avril Ann said...

Tracey this is awesome, wonderful infact, thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck hun xxx

Calypso's Crafts said...

OMG...This is one amazing creation!! everything just works beautifully on your card. And I LOVE how you used this weeks sketch...Magnificent!!! Thank you for joining us this week at FTH.

coops said...

wow so stunning tracey.fabulous design and I love your gorgeous sweet image and beautiful colouring ;D

xx coops xx

bad kitty said...

stunning

Sassy Raggedy said...

Tracey,
Your card is stunning...I love the design and wow what coloring...Beautiful...Hugz, joann

Tracey said...

Wow! This card is so pretty & girly Tracey - I love it :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Sheryl said...

This is amazing! Your colouring and embellishments show case the image perfectly. Great to have you with us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl xx

lis-m said...

Hey tracey, this is just perfection!! She is coloured fantastically...the embellies are just darling!! and I LOVE that Charm.. I NEED to find me some...
thanks for joining us at our first return challenge @ Pollycraft -Good luck!

Jennifer said...

This is just stunning! I love you colouring and the added pearls and stitching! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}! Sorry for the late comment! It was a delight to drop by your blog!

Chitra Nair said...

Beautiful coloring. Love your card, its gorgeous... Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&CC...

tiggertastic said...

Fantastic make, thanks for playing along this week at
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Just so delightful. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Delicious Doodles this week

Nadja said...

This is such a beautiful card! You did an amazing job in coloring the image. Thank you so much for coloring along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

Nadja

Suzie McFloozy said...

Such a beautiful shaped card - I love the DP's and the beautiful colouring esp the tail of your mermaid x
Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo