Friday, July 19, 2013

Dreaming of Sunshine and Smiles...July GDT Card for Wee Stamps!


Good morning my crafty friends and happy Friday, yay!

I just love Fridays, usually means the kiddos and I get more time with daddy...but he's been working Fridays and will also be working on his days off this weekend. It's not too bad though cause it's only 1/2 day today and tomorrow, plus he needs the hours with school shopping to get done soon for the new school year! He may possibly take the boys down to the river today...so wish I could go. I don't think my foot could take the pain of walking over the rocks though. I can't wait till I can get rid of this heel pain! Hope you all have a great Friday with awesome summer weather and  a wonderful weekend too!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Now onto my newest share for today and continuing with another card for Wee Stamps as one of their honored July Guest Designers! Be sure to check back all month long as I'll be sharing some NEW releases at the end of the month!! Sylvia Zet's little wee illustrations are just darling!!


I've noticed lately I haven't done much purple or pink...mainly because I'm out of most those colors lol. So I'm trying to incorporate more girly colors into my cards...and yes I used some yellow again...more of a goldish yellow! Really don't know what my fascination is with yellow lately! Maybe because it's Summer? lol


The image I had the pleasure of working with on my card today is called "Ruby" and she can be found in the Wee Stamps shop HERE as a digital stamp! Or if you prefer rubber stamps, you can find them at Whimsy Stamps HERE!

And as you can tell or maybe, hopefully not?...I was still practicing my "Kit&Clowder" cloud technique when I designed this card. So please advert your eyes from the clouds...don't like the way they turned out, LOL!


I've used some gorgeous lavender satin ribbon...love satin ribbon because it's so much softer and easier when making bows! The sentiment has been heat embossed and is from "Lili of the Valley" stamps. And all the flowers I use most of the time are from "Wild Orchid Crafts"! As for the beautiful lace, I found a huge mixed bag of vintage spools from a thrift shop! LOVE awesome thrift store finds!! lol


And last but not least, the inside!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6" x 6"
IMAGE: Ruby digital stamp "Wee Stamps" and for rubber "Whimsy Stamps" and the sentiment is from "Lili of the Valley" stamps
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: All flowers from "WOC" and all other embellishements, lace and ribbon from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Nestabilities Open Scalloped Square dies, Bow-Easy bow maker and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D Dimensional Foam

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Inky Impressions - "Summer"
Rhedd and Rosies Challenge - "Anything Goes"
Whimsy Inspirations - "Ribbon and Lace"
LEJ Designs - "Anything Goes"
Sister Act Card Challenge - "Always Anything Goes"
Charisma Cardz - "Girly"
Make it Monday - "Always Anything Goes"
Addicted to Stamps - "Lots of Layers"
C is for Challenge - "Summer"
Country View Crafts - "Summer Sizzler"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

18 comments:

Zoe said...

Cute card, lovely layout, thanks for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

coops said...

so beautiful tracey.gorgeous sweet image and I love your fabulous papers and details :D

xx coops xx

Jennifer Grissom said...

I haven't been to your blog before, so thanks for stopping by Sister Act Card Challenge to let us see you. I'm a new follower!

Lisa S. said...

Stunning card Tracey! Love the beautifully colored image and the cluster of flowers. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Jessie L. said...

What a gorgeous card! This is absolutely stunning, from your coloring to that beautiful flower arrangement! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Inky Impressions! Hope to see you again next week!

jane stillman said...

Wow! this card is full of gorgeousness, the image, colouring and embellishments are wonderful. Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Desings, good luck x

Anna Jasiolek said...

Dear Tracey, you have made another fantastic card, I love every single detail here. And your coloring is breathless. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Sabina said...

I really love this card! I also have a thing for yellow at the moment.. :)
How do you make the bow? Have an tutorial?

Hugs Sabina

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful Tracey...I love that wonderful bow and your coloring is outstanding...The flowers are beautiful as usual....Wonderful job...Hugz, joann

Candy said...

Hi Tracey,
Excellent job on your card!
Fantastic colouring and flower arrangement.
Hugs, Candy

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow there is so much beauty going on here. Awesome colouring, design and wonderful embellishing.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

E said...

What a beautiful card!! YOur work is amazing! Thank you for playing along with us at Inky Impressions! Hugs E

Melissa Latchem said...

Stunning card - I love the colours and the elements and the colouring of the image is enviable! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Emz said...

Beautiful card & your colouring is simply stunning, love the papers that you've used. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week x

flossbite said...

Your colouring is AMAZING! Truly stunning card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Rhedd & Rosies.
HUgs
Fiona xx

Missing you in MN said...

Your card is gorgeous, Tracey. I love all of the close-ups. They give a wonderful view into your amazing coloring. Congrats on winning the Sister Act Challenge Blog this week! Your card is a fabulous one to have featured! Hope you will play again. Enjoy your Guest DT spot at Wee Stamps.
Cathy xx

Brenda Brown said...

A beautifully coloured and layered card. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts Summer Sizzler Challenge this month.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sol said...

This is Gorgeous!... AMAZING Colors and Coloring!.. Fantastic put together.. I love the Design.. Great Colors.. FAB FAB different colors!!! and they match so well together in your Design.. I LOVE THIS! :o)
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)