Monday, July 1, 2013

Moving on to the top 10 Krafty Finalist in the Kraftin Kimmie Guest Contest!! Inside and Out!!


Hey there all and happy July!!

It' so weird to me that we've already made it to July...almost half way through summer! I think it's because the boys got out of school really late into June this year. I'm so use to their summer vacation starting at the beginning of June....made this summer feel somehow short.

Another Independence day is upon us...well for all my crafty pals in the US that is and what my kiddos call fireworks day, lol. I always love the 4th of July! Brings back memories of being a kid, enjoying the warm summer nights, eating barbecue and of course watching fireworks and getting to stay up super late for the big finale!! This year I was asked to help with my mother in-laws yearly yard sale that she has on the 4th of July. She lives in Harrisburg about 20 miles away from Eugene. They hold the huge fireworks show there every year down by the river. So my mother in-law takes advantage of the huge crowds every year that travel through her block and basically camp out on her lawn all night, lol. I don't know how fun that will be, but I'm planning to sale some of my unused crafty items...and I have lots, cause I'm an admitted hoarder!! And maybe I'll make a little cash to get some new crafty stash! lol

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Before I get to the card I'm sharing today, I would like to make a little announcement...well to me a HUGE announcement!! Last month I was asked to guest design for Wee Stamps for the month of July! They will making the introduction today on the Wee Stamps blog!! So excited and honored to be asked, I love Sylvia's beautiful images! And I'm so happy I could finally let everyone know, lol! I will be sharing my first card on the 5th and then several more throughout the month including some NEW releases at the end of the month, yay!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Now as the title says...I'm so excited to mention that I made it into the top ten Krafty finalist in the Kraftin Kimmie Guest Contest! Last week I submitted my first card for the contest and I made it into the top ten and get to move onto the next round!! For this round I had to make a card with the inside as well as outside done up...not hard for me at all, lol!


I haven't done a cutesy theme in a long time and this stamp just called for cuteness! So I toned down the flowers on this one, lol. I used a sketch from "i {heart} sketches" for a little start up inspiration...could possibly become a new fav Sketch challenge for me!


The image I used is of course a rubber stamp from Krafting Kimmie stamps, designed by Cheryl Alger and is from the "Lulu and Friends" collection. I just love this stamp! I actually won this stamp last year in a Kraftin Kimmie challenge, the best win ever!!


I Just love these crocheted flowers! What's better is I got them on HUGE clearance at Michael's Crafts! I don't remember where I got these super sparkly dew drop like things, but they are so cute! And what says cute better than loads of buttons?!


Now to complete the submission for the new Krafty guest contest round...the inside of the card!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5" x 6"
IMAGE: Lulu and Friends Stamp Set "Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps" sentiment is from the same set
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Crocheted ribbon flowers and bling flourishes are from "Recollections", buttons from "Button Bonanza", Pearl brad and Pearl hearts from "WOC" and all other embellishements from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies, First Place Award Ribbon die from "MFT", Fiskars scalloped border punch, Hot glue gun, EZ Bow Maker and sewing machine
OTHER: 3D Dimensional Foam and Stardust Stickles

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

I {Heart} Sketches - "Sketch 24"
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps - "Color Inspiration"
Make it Monday - "Always Anything Goes"
Amusing Challenges - "Anything Goes"
Challenges For Everybody - "Anything Goes"
Catered Crop - "Dies Cuts and Punches"
Glitter N Sparkle - "Thank You"
Pile It On - "Bling"
One Stitch at a Time - "Anything Goes"
The Craft Place - "Flowers"
Pink Gem Challenge - "Teddies"
A Little Bit Crafty - "Die-ing for It"
Crafters Companion - "Dies and Die Cuts"
Desert Island Crafters - "Use 3 Items form the List - Die Cuts, Ribbon and Flowers"
Ladybug Crafts - "Favorite Embellishment - Bling"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

27 comments:

Jane said...

Super cute image, lovely colours & layout. Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC & good luck. Jane x

Tracy S said...

This is so adorable! I love the color combo and the coloring on that Sassy Cheryl image is divine!

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.really sweet image and I love the buttons and pretty colours ;D

x coops xx

Simone said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I also think you deserved a GD spot as well!!! I love your card, it's very pretty!
Good luck!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Sweet card, thanks for sharing with us at a gem of a challenge
Hugs Kelly

heidy said...

Beautiful card Tracey!!
XXX heidy

Sue - bearhouse said...

Such a fabulous card Tracey. I love the cute image, gorgeous colours and wonderful detailing. Good luck with the Kraftin Kimmie Guest Contest and well done for getting this far.
Congrats on being GDT for Wee stamps this month too.
hugs Sue xx

lindyloo said...

wow this is simply stunning thank you for for joining us at glitter n sparkle

lindyloo x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Tracey. Such a cute image and the colour scheme is lovely as are the papers and embellishments.
Hugs Sharon x

Cheremane said...

I love it :) so cute love the colours you have used and layout :) x I saw this on Make it Monday x

lalkygirl said...

what a stunning card tracey both inside and out
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous, hugs Pops x x x

Angela Boutiller said...

Adorable! Good luck!

Jane said...

Hi Tracey this is a really stunning card. I saw it on MIM and came over to take a look, it really is gorgeous. Such bright colours and lovely details. Many congrats on the Wee Stamps GD spot, I love those stamps too ;0) x

Mimi said...

Beautiful card Tracey, love all your attention to detail and your colouring is excellent. Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again soon. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

Loz said...

Fantastic card and image. Visiting from MIM..Loz

Tracey Boley said...

Tracey this is stunning.

Love the layout,image and the buttons.

Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

Good luck

Tracey DTxx

Joey said...

Tracey this is just stunning, your layout, colour choice and whole design is gorgeous, beautiful job :) popped over from mim. Joey xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Tracey your card is just beautiful...I love your wonderful sewing, your coloring is awesome...Hugz, joann

Deborah said...

Wow, your card is awesome!! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and good luck!!!
Hugs, Deborah

Linda B said...

Lovely... and such a darling image. I came over from MIM.

CG said...

Gorgeous! The colors are so fun. And your stitching is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Best, CG

Mary M. said...

Your coloring is awesome. Love your card. Found it on MIM

CraftyGirl said...

Wow, spectacular card. I love everything about your card, great job. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Jenn Borjeson said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous - but I wanted to let you know that we now have a limit at DICC to the number of challenges you can link up to (8 total,including ours). Please do try again! :)

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so adorable, love it!...Thanks for playing along with us at ALBC and good luck.
Wendy xx

Debbie Fisher said...

Beautifully designed card, thank you for joining us at Crafters Companion xx