Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Very Purrrrty Frame! A Magnolia-Licious - Wild Rose Studio DT Project


Hello my crafty buddies!

How was your weekend? 
I had a super busy week with lots of errands and doc appointments, which included me finally getting in to see the foot doc to see what was causing all the pain in my left foot. So I didn't get in as much crafty time as I wanted this week. They x-rayed my foot and it is in fact a heel spur as my regular doc predicted. The foot doc taped it up for now and I will be getting fitted for custom inserts next week. I was told I'm not aloud to go bare foot anymore, I can't wear my cute sandals and I can't even wear my slippers anymore darnit. I have to have my tennis shoes on at all times even walking around the house...I told hubs to be prepared for some stinky feet by days end LOL. But hey, if it will help the pain, I'm willing to do anything! 

We finished off the week with some very sweet family time. We had to go to Junction city to give my hubs grandma the birthday card I made for her mother and we ended up staying there for a good portion of the day just gabbing and catching up. It was really nice.

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the crafty stuff! 
I have another Magnolia-Licious project to share with you using an adorable little Wild Rose Studio Stamp. I made a wall hanging frame for my aunt whose birthday was this month...I know lots of August birthdays here! lol


Awhile back I bought a bunch of frames from a thrift shop and I went to town painting them up and distressing them, lol. It was sooo much fun! This is one of the frames. I used thick heavy duty chipboard that I nailed to the back and painted it white to match the frame. I decided not to keep the glass that came with the frames because I thought they looked neat without it.


As I mentioned, I made this for one of my aunts. She loves kitties and she actually has a couple. I tried to color the kitty to match the shade of her little guy.

The stamp I used is from the Wild Rose Studio collection in the Magnolia-Licious shop and can be found HERE!


My pics didn't turn out all that great on this one, I was getting so frustrated with re-takes after re-takes lol. But I was trying to capture the little clouds I colored in with my Prisma Pencils. I had to go back to using my pencils for the sky cause my light blue colored Copics are dry as a bone at the moment lol. I actually really like the softer effect though.

Here's some more close ups of all the flowers which are from Wild Orchard Crafts...LOVE that place!! I finally got me some of those pretty spiral stamens, YAY! And the little glass pebble I made with scrap DP and some Glossy Accents.


INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 7" x 7"
IMAGE: Elsie and Butterflies "Wild Rose Studio Stamps from Magnolia-Licious"
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers & Prismas Colored Pencils
Copic COLOR LIST
Cat: W7, W5, W3, W1 Ears: E33, E31, E30
Butterflies & Flowers: Blue: BG32, BG11, BG10 Pink: R32, R20 Yellow: Y26, YR31, YR30
Grass: G99, G94, G82 & White Opaque Pen
Prisma Pencil COLOR LIST
Clouds: PC919 & Gamsol
PAPERS: DP is from Recollections & All cardstock matting is DCWV 
EMBELLISHMENTS: All Mulberry paper flowers, Spiral Stamen & Crystal Stem from "WOC", My handmade image glass pebble and all other embellishments, lace & ribbon from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Circles & Big Scalloped Circles Dies and sewing machine
OTHER: Diamond Stickles, Old thrift shop frame that I painted and distressed & chipboard

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sketch Saturday - "Sketch #273"
613 Avenue Create - "Create Your Own Challenge (Column #5)"
Crazy 4 Challenges - "Animals"
Pink Gem Challenge - "Anything With a B (Butterflies, Blue)"
Joanna Sheen Challenge - "Pretty in Pink"
Hobby Cutz Challenge - "Create Your Own Background"
Pan Pastel - "Pastel Colors"
Pile It On - "Designer Paper"
Penny Black and More - "In The Garden"
The Squirrel and The Fox - "Spring or Autumn"
Crafty Catz Weekly - "Stitching Real or Faux"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

30 comments:

Danni said...

So super cute! love your coloring on the kitty cat!! very pretty too!

Elizabeth Hart said...

So adorable in that frame and the cat is just delightful!. Thanks so very much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

heidy said...

Wow had a fun tme looking at all your gorgeous creations you made while I was away Tracey and thanks for your sweet comments sweetie!!
XXX Heidy

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous project Tracey. Love your colour choice, so bright and cheerful and what a delightful little stamp. I'll bet your Aunt was thrilled to receive this it is so lovely!! ox

coops said...

so gorgeous tracey.the sweet kitty is so cute and i love your beautiful details and colours :D

xx coops xx

Kathyk said...

Just GORGEOUS

Kathyk

debby4000 said...

Oh this is sooooo cute and love all those beautiful roses.
Years ago I had a heel spur the tip I had was to buy a foam heel pad for inside the shoe and cut out the middle didn't cure it but made it a bit easier to walk on.
luv
Debby

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Tracey.
Fabulous frame , cute and lovely, stunning details.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more, good luck.
hope to see you again;-))m

Denise said...

Wow this is fantastic! I love the way you compost the whole creation of yours! This is a very lucky Aunt!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Hobbycutz and good luck in the draw .....
Crafty Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Heidi Brawley said...

This is Gorgeous!!! Love your kitty cat coloring.

Chana said...

Hi, Tracey! Super creative! I think not keeping the glass was a great design decision. Your kitty is so cute and colored to perfection! As is you style, this is such a well thought out and executed design! I love your flowers and there placement on this project elevates the design! Thanks for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

julieprice3 said...

What a sweet little kitten, love the gorgeous flowers and pretty papers, beautifully coloured as always
Hugs Julie P

Lori Aragon said...

LOVE your distressing Tracey! The li'l kitty is adorable with the awesome background you've colored!!! Sooooooo CUTE :)

brenda said...

What a beautiful riot of summer flowers and colour Tracey.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

B x

Chris said...

This is just so lovely, Tracey! I love the details and the layering. Your distressing looks wonderful. What a way to showcase such a perfectly painted image!

XO,
Chris

Sanja Grdinić said...

Love the flowers! Great burst of colors and a very cute image.
Have a nice day, Tracey!

Chris said...

Fabulous! Your framed kitty looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz!
Chris
x

Amber Holder said...

This is fabulous! I love the colors and dimension :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

susiestacey said...

Beautiful picture you have created - l bet your Aunt will treasure it. Love all the little fine details.
Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More In the Garden challenge and good luck x Susan x

PaperDaisies said...

What a beautiful card. Love how you have coloured the adorable image. Great entry for our challenge over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Mrs.B said...

This is so cute, and so beautifully stitched together.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril

Shirley Chillman said...

Such a delicious looking frame Tracey. Love the embellies and the puddy cat is gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x x

Shea said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS! Love every single thing about it from the papers and image (so masterfully colored), to the flowers and the frame. LOVE how you've glittered the edges of the flower petals - I tend to do the same thing too (I, too, love WOC flowers), and your layout with all the stitching, pearls and lace is STUNNING. I'd frame this baby too and put it out for everyone to see! Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week. WOW!!

tilly's crafts said...

fabulous frame and image, love all the details. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Brilliant colour work, perfect stitching and lovely dimension, Tracey. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Do come and join us for another great sketch this week. Hugs, Lesley

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it!

Thanks for playing at The Squirrel and the Fox this fortnight.

Happy Crafting
Sam

Terry said...

Ohhh Tracey, your project is looking absolutely stunning, fabulous and really georgous colours. Thankss for sharing with the DT from PanPastel UK hugs Terry xxxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really adorable, love the sweet image, the frame is gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful
Lindsay xx

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Fliss said...

Such a cute and pretty creation Tracey and your distressed frame looks fabulous.
Thanks for joining in with our FSC challenge.
Fliss x