Friday, August 9, 2013

Batty Boo -Magnolia-Licious DT Card


Good morning my lovely crafty addicts!

Have you been seeing signs of Fall upon us in your neck of the woods? Here in Oregon, our leaves are already beginning to turn and yes it has rained a few days this week...definitely signs Summer is almost over!

I'm so excited today, because this will be my official first card designed for the Magnolia-Licious Stamps DT!! I still can't believe it. Such a fun job I tell ya and I hope I can inspire you too along the way!!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Since it's almost Fall and it seems my favorite holiday besides Christmas is just right around the corner, I've created a Halloween card with a Wee Stamps cutie!! I went to Walmart the other day and they already have Halloween decorations out!! I do love it though!


I gotta say, I really LOVE the way the colors turned out on this one! I used one of my many Recollections paper pads for the color combo inspiration.


You can find this absolutely adorable Wee stamp in the Magnolia_Licious shop HERE! It's called Batty Boo...I just love that name, so cute!

And I tried something a little different for my background. I was going for a night sky watercolor effect. So I played around a bit with my dark C colors then went add it with my Colorless blender pen LOL. I need a little more practice at it, But I'm actually happy with the way this turned out.


Can you believe, I actually got this gorgeous flower from the Dollar Store!! I love browsing the Dollar Store sometimes, because there's always lots of little goodies you can use as embellishments when thinking outside the box! I actually took apart some flower arrangements I bought there and stacked a bunch of the flowers and some leaves together, snapped a brad in and called it good, LOL.



I used a cute little border stamp for the inside that came with the sentiment on the outside of the card from Making Memories "Spellbound" set.


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6" x 6"
IMAGE: Batty Boo "Magnolia-Licious Stamps" Sentiment and Border stamps from Making Memories "Spellbound" set
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers
COLOR LIST
Skin & Blush: E11, E00, E000, R21
Pumpkin: E99, E97, E95 & E59, E57, E55
Bats: Y28, Y26, Y21, YR30 & BG78, BG75, BG72 & YG99, YG97, YG95
Sky: C7, C5, C3 & Colorless Blender
Ground: E44, E42, E40, W00 & Colorless Blender
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: All embellishements from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Fancy Tags" die and sewing machine

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Die Cuttin Divas - "Sketch"
ABC Challenge - "S For Stitching" 10
Charisma Cardz - "Stitching" 10
Addicted To Stamps and More - "Make Your Mark (Coloring)" 10
Flutterby Wednesdays - "Any Winged Creature"
Crafty Sentiments - "Animals"
Brown Sugar - "Anything Goes"
Creative Fingers - "Anything Goes"
Sister Act Card Challenge - "Anything Goes"
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - "Autumn Colors"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

30 comments:

Danni said...

Oh wow! another stunning card! Super cute image and your coloring just makes it pop!

Cinzia C. said...

WOW! This is absolutely wonderful!
Fab colouring and layout!!!! Love it!!

Hugs
Cinzia

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely adorable, Tracey! I love how you colored the pumpkin and the background!

Marie97 said...

Beautiful card! I love the image and all the details. TFS

Chris said...

This is gorgeous, Tracey! I love the depth of that flower! Your photo is gorgeous I'd love to know how you captured your image so beautifully. Now, for the stamped image - FABULOUS! Gorgeously colored. Gorgeous in every way!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Danni said...

Stopping back by to say thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

julieprice3 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the beautifully coloured image and striking papers, just beautiful!!
Welcome to Magnolialicious Tracey, so happy to be working with you
Hugs Julie P

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Tracey. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers.

Janie Printz said...

Wonderful card Tracey, looking forward to working with you & looks like I have my work cut out for me to keep up with your amazing style. Beautifully colored "Wee" image...
Hugs, Janie

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Fabulous card Tracey! Love all your layering and mix of papers! That is certainly a bargain bloom! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, good luck in the draw! Susan x

coops said...

so stunning tracey.i love the fun image and your colouring and papers are fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Candy said...

Fantastic card, Tracey!
Love the image and it's name.
You have coloured it so amazingly.
Great papers and I think your inside pumpkin stamp is great. Couldn't see the outside one.
Big Hugs, Candy

NGCARDS said...

This is a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Zoe said...

Thank you for joining this week at Creative Fingers

Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love
Co-Owner of Creative Fingers

Ans said...

Love your card
Thanks for joining the challenge
http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

*Vicki* said...

AW! What a really sweet image! The coloring on your image is amazing! TFS! HUGS :)

Sue said...

Beautiful colouring and shading! Love your colour scheme and layers. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Diane said...

WOW what a smashing colourful card Tracey !! Fab combination of colours and papers and just love that flower !! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs and hope you can again next week !!

hugs Diane xx

Cassie_lu said...

amazing details and coloring on the card, thanks for fluttering with us.

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, xxx

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

What an awesome creation Tracey, your coloring is stunning and the image you chose is adorable. So glad to see you playing this week at Crafty Sentiments:)

Ann-Marie said...

Wow this is gorgeous such beautiful colouring. Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge and hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Pat N. said...

Wonderful detail in your card and a unique take on the sketch. TFS at DCD!

Angelique said...

Gorgeous. Beautiful colouring
Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Aartje said...

Great card, love the image and the gorgeous designpapers.
Hugs Aartje

Bubbles said...

Absolutely stunning card, fab colouring to!. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Lin said...

Amazing colouring Tracey! Love, love, love this

Lin xx
ABC

Norma said...

Stunningly gorgeous, Tracey. Very cute Wee image and your colouring is totally awesome--love the background. I may just have get this image as I don't have too many Halloween ones. Love your layout.
Hugs,
Norma

Lisa Summerhays said...

Truly stunning. The colors are fabulous and the background makes the image pop even more. Love it!

Denise Goeldner said...

Your card is truely amazing love the cute image, so beautifully coloured thanks for joining us over at Creative Fingers ~ Denise DT ~