Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Wishing You A Sunny Day! Kraftin Kimmie Stamps!


Good morning crafty pals!

I had a great weekend! We celebrated my middle son's birthday this weekend, he turned 10!! Time just flies by I tell ya! He got to go to Splash the water park here as promised the day after we celebrated. I was in a lot of pain that day and not feeling very well, so I missed out on going. Hubs is thinking about going again before school starts, so maybe I'll have a chance to enjoy it with them too!

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

Anyhooo...speaking of Splash...the current challenge this week at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps is "Slippery When Wet"! And since I'll be guest designing in September, I wanted to join in on the fun a little early and made some time to make a card for the challenge!


You still have 3 1/2 more days to join in on the challenge!! I LOVE Kimmie's challenges because the lucky winners get an awesome rubbuh stamp!!!


Isn't this stamp just the cutest?!!  She is from the Cheryl Alger collection at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps. She is called "Little Summer Girl" and can be found HERE!

I tried to capture the gloss I added to the cute ducky floatie, not sure if you can see it or not? I added some Diamond Stickles and then went over it with some Glossy Accents. I really don't like the way my coloring turned out on this one...almost scrapped it. But I decided not to after wasting a lot of my ink on the water and the sky. I think I should have went with a darker color for the water..ah well, still cute. lol


Had a little fun with some ribbons and twine as you can tell. I also broke out my beachie themed charms. I snipped the tops off the starfish that I added to the sentiment. LOVE that seahorse, my favorite charm!


Matching inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5" x 5.75"
IMAGE: Little Summer Girl "Kraftin Kimmie Stamps" With matching sentiment
COLORING MEDIUM: Copic Markers
COLOR LIST
Skin & Blush: E11, E00, E000, R21
Hair: E87, E84, E81
Swim Suit: RV19, RV14, RV13
Ducky Flotie: Y19, Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11 & BG96, BG90
Sky and Water: BG01, BG000, C1 & BG05, BG01, BG000, W00
Beach Sand: W5, W3, W1, W00
PAPERS: All cardstock matting is DCWV and DP is Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: All embellishements and ribbon from stash
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangles Dies,  "MFT" Die-namics Mini Tabs Foursome Die and sewing machine

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Feeling Sketchy - "Sketch #67"
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps - "Slippery When Wet"
Bearly-Mine Challenges - "Anything Goes"
Crafty Sentiments - "Dies and punches"
Creative Craft Challenges - "Tic Tac Toe (Gems, Green, Charms)"
Ribbon Carousel - "Summer Time Fun"
Through The Craftroom Door - "Anything Goes"
Artistic Inspirations - "Die cuts / Punches"
Card Mania - "Favorite Embellishment (Gem Brads)"
Make it Monday - "Always Anything Goes"
C is For Challenge - "Fresh and Bright"
Paper Playtime - "Lots of Yellow"
StampsFun-Creativity - "Anything Goes"
Stamp With Fun - "Summer"
Crazy Challenge - "Anything Goes"

Until next time,
Happy crafting to all!
and
Big Big
xx Hugs xx

28 comments:

Marie97 said...

Beautiful! Love the color combo...so fresh! Adorable image! And, I think the seahorse is a fun touch! TFS

Lynsey McGreavey said...

Wow this is amazing! I love the colours, so tropical, it makes me want to sup cocktails on the beach!

Lyns xx

DebR said...

This is awesome. Great detailing & stitching.
Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, great design.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Katie said...

What a gorgeous card Tracey! I love the layers and the fun colors- not to mention a fab image that's perfectly colored :) Hugs, Katie

Candy said...

Tracey, I think your colouring of this sweetie is great!! LOVE your happy and bright summer coloured papers. I can see the glossy accents on the duck and it is cute cute!
Hugs, Candy

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

Zoe said...

Thank you for joining this week at Artistic

Inspirations

Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love
Co-Owner of at Creative Fingers

coops said...

so stunning tracey.fabulous fun image and i love your gorgeous hot summer colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Stephanie said...

Wow! I saw your card on Make it Monday and thought I'd come over for a closer look. I'm so glad I did. Your coloring is fantastic. I love all the little details you included on the card....from the gloss on the tube to the bling, to the charms, everything. Stunning!!

Patricia Garcia said...

Super cute, love your color combo and the pretty image too!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Clarissa Andrea said...

Very very summerful! Love the stitches and your very coool image. Thanks for joining our summer challenge at stamp with fun.
big hugs Clarissa

Miss Emerald said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Miss Emerald said...

I'm here again. Once again my admiration for your wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again in our challenges.

Pillan said...

Lovely card and beautiful colours! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan

Krafty Girl said...

Such a beautiful card, love the image and great colors and design. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

Joey said...

This is stunning!! Thanks for joining us this week at Feeling Sketchy

Cards by Sharyn said...

A very striking card and so much work has gone into it. Thanks for sharing with us at Feeling Sketchy.

Sandy said...

Beautiful inside and out, love the vibrant papers and all the fab layers. A cute image wonderfully coloured too. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Bunny said...

This is goreous...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

Caz xx

Laura Love said...

What a super adorable card! I love the way you colored your image and the bright, summery colors you chose! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Anna Jasiolek said...

LOL, this is so funny & sunny, love all these beautiful, cheerful colors, and the image is hilarious. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card. THanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Tracey. I love the cute image. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Ani said...

Gorgeous card! So colourful and fun! Thank you for joining in the fun at Card Mania! Good luck!

Julene Matthews said...

A bright & colourful card. THanks for joining us at Feeling sketchy.

DebiJ said...

I adore your card Tracey, inside & out. What a pleasure this will be for someone to receive!
Gorgeous colouring & sweet image...delightful!
Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

Kylie said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours and your coloring and that touch of sparkle!!